Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 02:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts. I am not questioning your opinion or your right to have it. I am pointing out that said opinion is unsubstantiated in even the smallest way. You can believe there is a god, you can believe the Bible is a document of actual events. Neither belief is substantiated however, nor have you in 13000+ posts managed to even try.
That is your own opinion. You haven't read all my 13,000 posts.

Quote:
"If one makes the claim god is not real" then take it up with them, not me. I made no such claim. The only claim I have made is that no one, least of all you, has offered a single shred of argument, evidence, data or reasoning to suggest it is. And just like you say "If one makes the claim god is not real, they must prove that assertion" I add "Sure, but if one makes the claim god IS real, then so must they".
But I don't have to prove God exists because I never said I can prove He exists.

Quote:
And you haven't. Even a little bit. Even once.
And who gives a flying flip? As if your case is won that if I cannot prove God exists then I am no longer allowed to make assertions He did this or that? Get a grip on life bud.

Quote:
If you ever feel like making the attempt, just once, I am all ears. Whether you be a grown up or not, I will evaluate your claims just the same.
Sorry to break your little heart but I'm no more inclined to prove God exists than injecting my vein with drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 02:17 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
So while you are saying people who make assertions have to prove their assertions, you refuse to prove your own. Get a grip on life bud, you are not above everyone else.

So it is one rule for you and one for everyone else it seems. Get a grip on life bud, you do not get to set the rules and then make yourself exempt from them.

You outright said clearly that people making the assertions "must prove" them. Yet you refuse to with your own. So why is it a must for everyone else, but not you? Get a grip on life bud, it does not work like that.

The simple fact is you claim there is a god, yet you have no substantiation for this assertion. You know it. I know it. Get a grip on life bud, you are simply making things up.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
So while you are saying people who make assertions have to prove their assertions, you refuse to prove your own. Get a grip on life bud, you are not above everyone else.
Actually, I am.

Quote:
So it is one rule for you and one for everyone else it seems. Get a grip on life bud, you do not get to set the rules and then make yourself exempt from them.
Yes, I make the rules. Now fall in line.

Quote:
You outright said clearly that people making the assertions "must prove" them. Yet you refuse to with your own. So why is it a must for everyone else, but not you? Get a grip on life bud, it does not work like that.
If they make an assertion there is no God, they must prove that assertion. I never made the assertion I can prove God exists.

Quote:
The simple fact is you claim there is a god, yet you have no substantiation for this assertion. You know it. I know it. Get a grip on life bud, you are simply making things up.
No, I never claimed there is a God. I claim God does this or that.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Actually, I am. Yes, I make the rules. Now fall in line.
So you think you make the rules and you are above everyone else. Right, that says all that needs to be said really. But that is all about as unsubstantiated as everything else you have said too.

Quote:
If they make an assertion there is no God, they must prove that assertion. I never made the assertion I can prove God exists.
Ah so it is one rule for you and one for everyone else then. They have to prove the assertion there is no god, but you only have to prove the assertion if you claim you can prove there is a god. Different goal posts for you and them it seems. They have to prove their assertions every time merely when they make them, but you can assert what you like without proving it so long as you do not claim to be able to prove the assertions.

Quote:
No, I never claimed there is a God. I claim God does this or that.
And you do not substantiate those claims either. So not only can you know show there is a god, you can not show that this god does any of the things you claim it does either. Have you said anything so far you are ever going to substantiate or is it assert and retreat only with you?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
So you think you make the rules and you are above everyone else. Right, that says all that needs to be said really. But that is all about as unsubstantiated as everything else you have said too.
Sure.

Quote:
Ah so it is one rule for you and one for everyone else then. They have to prove the assertion there is no god, but you only have to prove the assertion if you claim you can prove there is a god. Different goal posts for you and them it seems. They have to prove their assertions every time merely when they make them, but you can assert what you like without proving it so long as you do not claim to be able to prove the assertions.
You're learning.

Quote:
And you do not substantiate those claims either. So not only can you know show there is a god, you can not show that this god does any of the things you claim it does either. Have you said anything so far you are ever going to substantiate or is it assert and retreat only with you?
Don't have to. I make the rules, remember?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
You can't have an honest conversation with a dishonest person.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Sure. You're learning. Don't have to. I make the rules, remember?
In your head you do. All I am seeing is someone making assertions and is too scared or too incapable to back a single one of them up with anything but baiting.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:21 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Here's an idea. Ask him what he thinks.

Of course if you did that.... you couldn't get in a little dig and claim he lives in a fantasy world. But.... try it! It will work better for you than deciding what people think and getting it wrong.
He is on my block list along with Nozz. No doubt, Nozz is still replying to my posts and belly aching about me ignoring him. hahah

Old 10-20-2015, 03:37 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Trout must think 90% of the population are atheists in his fantasy world. There are many very intelligent logical thinking human beings out there who have a very real relationship with Jesus Christ.
And some extremely intelligent Jews, muslims, Hindi, buddists, atheists, Toaists etc. Are they all correct? Or are the Christians just smarter? My point would be the fact that some intelligent people believe in Christ and other intelligent people do not does nothing to 0rove or disprove Christ or your god.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He is on my block list along with Nozz. No doubt, Nozz is still replying to my posts and belly aching about me ignoring him. hahah
Given you have replied to not one but three of my posts since claiming to have me on ignore, I think we both know you are not being wholly honest with us here. You are merely pretending to have me on ignore to get away with not replying to my posts, but you have forgotten yourself and your charade three times now and anyone can see you do not actually have me on ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality