Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 03:40 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The the best trait like having thick foot pads and superior strength should have survived and passed down the generations. Not go away. You have failed miserably to explain why human beings lost superior traits that our primates had.

There is no reason why evolution would create humans with features like different hair colors. Hmm don't see that with other primates. Guess it's that natural selection at work there.
Jeff, this post proves you have no clue how evolution works. We have different hair colors, and different eye colors, and skin colors for various reasons. Most of those are due to where we lived/evolved. In Africa, it is much more beneficial to have dark skin, hair, and eyes. In Norway, you do not need those traits. Example: Sunlight gives you Vitamin D. The more melanin you have in your skin, the more Vitamin D you need. Places with a lot of sun, like Africa and Australia, have darker skinned people. It keeps them from having a lot of the harmful effects of the sun as well. Cold, dark places, like Norway or Iceland, Over billions of years, the environment changes humans, they EVOLVE.

I do not have any scientific evidence of this next bit, but I am willing to bet on it. If you look at the people in Africa, or South American rainforests, they would more than likely have thicker pads on their feet, as they do not live lives of luxury like (most) Americans and (most) Europeans. As generations and generations of people started doing things like wearing shoes, those thick pads become irrelevant.

You see, Jeff, some traits are lost throughout generations. If these traits are no longer relevant to the daily lives of a humans, they are eventually lost.

I suggest you look up why we lost traits in evolution, and why we have things like different skin color and hair color. Maybe you will be able to keep up with the convo then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 03:57 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Actually some one does design the coastlines. I forget the name of the designer of the fjoirds of Norway but he was extremely proud of his work. I watched him being interviewed on the documentary Highhickers Guide to the Universe. It was a BBC series back in the 80s.
Hs name was Slartibartfast … He designed the entire planet, Earth, but got a special award for "the fjords of Norway" -- "lovely crinkly edges" ...

Old 12-02-2015, 04:22 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Jeff, this post proves you have no clue how evolution works. We have different hair colors, and different eye colors, and skin colors for various reasons. Most of those are due to where we lived/evolved. In Africa, it is much more beneficial to have dark skin, hair, and eyes. In Norway, you do not need those traits. Example: Sunlight gives you Vitamin D. The more melanin you have in your skin, the more Vitamin D you need. Places with a lot of sun, like Africa and Australia, have darker skinned people. It keeps them from having a lot of the harmful effects of the sun as well. Cold, dark places, like Norway or Iceland, Over billions of years, the environment changes humans, they EVOLVE.

I do not have any scientific evidence of this next bit, but I am willing to bet on it. If you look at the people in Africa, or South American rainforests, they would more than likely have thicker pads on their feet, as they do not live lives of luxury like (most) Americans and (most) Europeans. As generations and generations of people started doing things like wearing shoes, those thick pads become irrelevant.

You see, Jeff, some traits are lost throughout generations. If these traits are no longer relevant to the daily lives of a humans, they are eventually lost.

I suggest you look up why we lost traits in evolution, and why we have things like different skin color and hair color. Maybe you will be able to keep up with the convo then.

Good luck with your advise being appreaciated let alone followed
Redheads

The genetic causes, ethnic origins and history of red hair - Eupedia

There is a lot more on the internet then finding any little news that shows Christians being persecuted however some people are not interested in discovering how evolution works.

There is a much large variation between dog breeds than cat breeds due to a greater genetic variation in the ancestoral species. There are many reasons that this could occur but one of them is if a species suffered a genetic bottleneck like cheetahs did.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:24 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Hs name was Slartibartfast … He designed the entire planet, Earth, but got a special award for "the fjords of Norway" -- "lovely crinkly edges" ...

Thanks. I could not remember his name. He certainly deserved his award though.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:16 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
The the best trait like having thick foot pads and superior strength should have survived and passed down the generations. Not go away. You have failed miserably to explain why human beings lost superior traits that our primates had.
It's been explained to you dozens of times now. The failure eventually must rest on you still genuinely do not understand how evolution works. You're choosing to ignore the theory of evolution.

I'll say it once more and I'll keep it concise: evolution is about what survives best. It's the best combination of traits not having the best traits.

Quote:
You clearly have no concept of evidence vs proof.
We'll see if you have the right to make this claim when we see how you answered my main question.

Quote:
You can question it as long as you honestly leave open the door of accepting that you don't have all the facts to prove a point
I'm more than open minded on this topic. I also really don't think I have all the answers. You're the one who thinks a pre-enlightenment book written by mostly unknown authors (as well as amended by various people over time) is a better explanation for how humans came to be than the basis of modern biology. Yours is the view that says I'm torture forever in the afterlife if I don't believe your book. Who's view is more close minded?

Quote:
The evidence is in the alternative. Random forces do not produce order and alignment. They produce random results. The notion that if I just wait long enough, the cycles will all come together is easy to claim, impossible to prove.
I'm disappointing you didn't answer my question. Unsurprised, but disappointed all the same.

Quote:
Mixing cloth? If that's your argument then you know very little about the Bible and the Old Convent. Sin is sin because it is a heart based action. A person with an evil heart commits sin. A person with a heart not seeking God lives in disobedience. It is the essense of disobedience not the specific action like mixing cloth that is the crux of sin that God hates and judges.

You could try to adopt a black and white morality sin rulebook but that's not what God looks at. He looks at a person's heart and intentions. You might say stealing is always wrong. Well what if a Jewish POW breaks into the Nazi's office and steals food and his keys. Still always wrong? Same rule, different heart intentions.
You missed my point. Sin is, rather or not you're capable of seeing outside your own bubble, is entirely subjective. Sins for the Jews is different than it is for Christians or Muslims or Hindus. Even within each group, there is not consensus on everything.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:33 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
When did humans lose their thick foot pads and superior strength? When did you last visit Africa? Some of those tribesmen run around barefoot all their lives and not on mowed lawns either. Thick foot pads only develop from walking barefoot. Strength only develops from using one's body. I was one of the stronger kids (for my size) and I had tough feet, seeing as I ran around barefoot in the African bush as a kid. My feet quickly went soft from wearing shoes. I knew many very strong men in the work place, men who did manual labor or went to gym.

Last edited by 303Guy; 12-03-2015 at 12:53 AM..

Old 12-02-2015, 11:54 PM

371 posts, read 337,852 times
Another example of poor design would be our immune system.

It dos a heroic job pegging invaders but can also kill you responding to a normally innpcuous substance.

Same for the inflammatory response. Much effort in modern medicine is aimed at reducing inflammation. While it does help heal esp. Superficial wounds, it is often life threatening.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:22 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post

It dos a heroic job pegging invaders but can also kill you responding to a normally innpcuous substance.

Same for the inflammatory response. Much effort in modern medicine is aimed at reducing inflammation. While it does help heal esp. Superficial wounds, it is often life threatening.
I think the most logical thing would be, for it to be blamed on Religious Deities by the people who don't believe they exist. A couple hundred posts along those lines by them will probably be sufficient.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:02 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:

I think those are symptoms of something gone wrong. Like exposure to toxins, poor diet and crowded living conditions. But the fact that there are now so many of us in spite of all our frailties and murderous ways speaks volumes. It's not our 'design' that's at fault.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:23 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:

And just how often does that happen? Most people make it through life with their immune systems doing a fine job of warding off diseases even though we constantly come in contact with bacteria and viruses. Not just the immune system, but there are quite a few designed barriers to keep us from getting sick. Sensitive nose hair to trigger powerful sneezing which expels foreign invaders, eyelashes to keep particles away, and extremely sensitive nerve endings in the eye to pretty much force us to take care immediately of anything that does happen to get in the eye!

And if the invaders still happen to get in the body, we produce tons of muscus and have powerful stomach acid strong enough to dissolve metal but doesn't harm the body one bit. Such defenses are how someone can swallow a bacteria infested penny and poop it out later with no ill effects.

Of course, science has wasted no telling how much money to finally tell us what the Bible has been saying all along. Eat God's natural foods like fruits and vegetables and you'll be healthier and have a stronger immune systems. Eat man created processed food and you'll get more sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality