Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That doesn't seem to keep you from popping off all the time, does it?
When have I told you what to believe - Pastor?

My task, as it is written in your holy book, is to reprove and correct you when you err. Which, sadly, is frequently.

Fortunately, I am up to the task.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 10:24 AM

19,736 posts, read 10,166,623 times
Persecuted? the latest trick with local Christians, when I am walking though Walmart with my cane, is to send elementary children up to me, to pray for me to be healed. They are required to do it until someone lets them pray. They know that most of us won't get rude with children.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:39 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,482,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Persecuted? the latest trick with local Christians, when I am walking though Walmart with my cane, is to send elementary children up to me, to pray for me to be healed. They are required to do it until someone lets them pray. They know that most of us won't get rude with children.
Wow. That's really sad and an abuse of children. I would tell them to go back to their parents and that it is not safe to talk to strangers.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
When have I told you what to believe - Pastor?

My task, as it is written in your holy book, is to reprove and correct you when you err. Which, sadly, is frequently.

Fortunately, I am up to the task.
You routinely tell me and everyone on this board that anyone who believes in religion is dumb. Nah...you may not use that exact word, but you're pretty mean-spirited to anyone who actually lives their life as a Christian.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:30 AM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Poor Floorist, that would actually really irritate me, I don't know if I could be cool or not, I would probably walk over to their parents and begin quoting Egyptian prophesy calling on Rah, Horus and Osiris to also bless her abundantly and ask if I could also bless her children.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:34 AM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You routinely tell me and everyone on this board that anyone who believes in religion is dumb. Nah...you may not use that exact word, but you're pretty mean-spirited to anyone who actually lives their life as a Christian.
Trout aint never been mean to me, indeed, I find him one of the coolest people on here and he knows what I believe.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:43 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,372,522 times
We in an ideal society would be free to worship in public. To discuss religion in public. In order to not trample over others, this means not being obnoxious.

This goes for you too, atheists. And Muslims. And crazy fundies. Respect is earned, by respect for others. If you want to tell about the greatness of God, expect others to open up about how much god sucks. And vice versa. If one more person tells me how I'm an idiot for believing in god, better believe I'm within right to defend my faith.

Another thing. Defending your faith does not mean defending it with violence. This means you can't take actual criticism.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:46 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times
Quote:
Oh, no. Are you being serious about this? How cruel. Imagine how those kids feel. They must be dying inside from embarrassment and from worry over how the adult is going to react - whether they're going to be told to get lost or possibly worse.

And how utterly manipulative of the adults. They see nothing in being manipulative and letting the kids take the heat in the name of Jesus? I can only shake my head.

If God "gives us free will" because he "doesn't want robots" and he "wants us to make our own choices" then I hardly think He'd approve of shoving kids out there like circus acts so that the victim can't get away without being the meanie that puts a child in tears due to rejection.

Really awful, IMO.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times
Quote:
I couldn't imagine doing that. Do you have any idea what type of religion or what church they're a part of? Have you thought about calling the church to complain?

Old 12-26-2015, 11:56 AM

3,516 posts, read 776,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
I just don't understand why we cannot tell people about how good God is and how he can help people who have a relationship with him without people saying we are cramming our beliefs down their throat. Christians just want to help. I think some go overboard but if a person has a rough time in their life I try to tell them to pray and trust God. Nowadays, you can't even go public with your beliefs yet it is ok for people to say that they don't believe in God. This is why I am scared to try to convince people to come to God. Folks get so upset.
would you kill someone in the name of your GOD ? the concept of religion is fine with me but there simply cant be 1000 different ones .. set `ONE in stone and let the whole world agree on it and have an omnipotent being be at the head and i will follow right along ...religion is good for children who need a bit of direction in their lives and old folks who need a reason not to fear death ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality