Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 11:12 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,628,814 times

Advertisements

Men seem to have expectations of God. The creation of universe is not enough for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 11:15 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,343,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Thankfully, I have a faith that thrives on knowledge. Knowledge is the driving force. I have the opportunity to get to know the creator of the universe! And He ever now and then shows me just how clueless and stupid man is. The answers to life are all right there in the Bible.

Referring to the Bible as a children's bed time story book only shows just how ignorant you are about Christianity. When it's all said and done, I will benefit 1000 times more by having knowledge of God vs not knowing some man made scientific terminology or something like DNA sequences.

If you are so confident that you are correct and benefit more from your understanding of the Bible and your God why do you continually post incorrect statements about scientists, science and atheists? A dialogue of why you beleive what you do and what it is that you believe in would be more of a discussion and less of an argument than you posting inaccurate or totally untrue statements about evolution.

As far as knowledge goes it appears that your driving force is very narrow or otherwise you would take the time to read about evolution from books written for non scientists by evolutionay scientists. If your God and the Bible are all you are willing to know about, that is fine if it makes you happy but you come out as an uneducated person not interested in knowledge when you repeatedly make the same errors about what evolution is or what the scientific method or community are and attack those who point out your error. And they are errors not if evolution is a fact as well as a theory but what evolution claims.

It is totally on you if you wish not to know about the topic you are talking about but don't be surprised when people take issue with your lack of knowledge. I am a bit sad though that you have such a low opinion on humans.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:17 AM

18,518 posts, read 9,201,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I see this term used by fundies all the time. Just exactly what do you mean when you say cosmic accident?
Fundamentalist Christians abhor the idea that they might not be special snowflakes created by a god for some ultimate purpose.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:21 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,758,099 times
Quote:
When a person is not literate in a discipline on or a subject and proceeds to make outrageous and inaccurate claims about the discipline or subject then they themselves set themselves up for mockery. You have no one to blame but yourself...it's long overdue for you to take responsibility for it.
This is a perfect example of why you get mocked. You are completely ignorant of the world of science.
If a person has to resort to mockery then that doesn't say much about their intellect. I's a pathetic tactic to try and appear superior. I don't need to be told a dozen times that you think I'm scientifically illiterate.

Funny thing is if I mocked groups like atheists or homosexuals even remotely like you treat us here, it would be labeled as hate speech. But that only speaks the truth of the Bible:

Quote:

But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.

Matthew 15:18

You're not mocking me on an strictly intellectual level.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:24 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,282,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
* This is of particular interest to me because I am working on similar techniques for fraud detection in the business world. My client is interested in spotting patterns characteristic of fraudulent activity by simply paying attention to available data.
If you have not seen it watch the documentary: Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business

It will open your eyes to the unbelievable world of Big Pharma trying to close down this doctors business only after they stole his idea. This is the most unbelievable story I have ever come across in my lifetime. Unreal.

It involves the FDA, NIH, Big Pharma. This is once crazy story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUGVkmmwbk

Old 02-24-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
If a person has to resort to mockery then that doesn't say much about their intellect. I's a pathetic tactic to try and appear superior. I don't need to be told a dozen times that you think I'm scientifically illiterate.
Well mockery is not what I was doing. I recognize when I'm dealing with a scientifically illiterate person and I will call you out in a discussion when you try to make absurd claims based on your lack of scientific literacy.
Quote:
Funny thing is if I mocked groups like atheists or homosexuals even remotely like you treat us here, it would be labeled as hate speech.
It would indeed be hate speech as being an atheist or gay has nothing to do making absurd scientific claims.

Now if they were making the same absurd claims as you do then I would also call them out for lacking scientific literary.

Calling you out for not being scientifically literate is not hate speech it's a fact.

In fact that is all I have actually done...vs. mockery.

Quote:
You're not mocking me on an strictly intellectual level.
I am not mocking you at all...I'm simply pointing out the fact that you lack scientific literacy.

Do you even know what mockery means?

Let's educate you:

Mockery Defined:
  • teasing and contemptuous language or behavior directed at a particular person or thing.
  • an absurd misrepresentation or imitation of something.
  • ludicrously futile action.

It's you who are the one committing mockery with respect to science. I agree with you..in that it doesn't say much about your intellect. And that it's a pathetic tactic to try and appear superior.

Yes Jeff you have described yourself perfectly.

Last edited by Matadora; 02-24-2016 at 11:41 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,391,395 times
Quote:
It says a lot about their intellect. It says they recognize when they are dealing with a scientifically illiterate person and they are not going to tolerate it.
It would indeed be hate speech as being an atheist or gay has nothing to do making absurd scientific claims.

Now if they were making the same absurd claims as you do then I would also call them out for lacking scientific literary.

Calling you out for not being scientifically literate is not hate speech it's a fact.

In fact that is all I have actually done...vs. mockery.
Now, now Matadora, don't you know that anything Jeff doesn't like is hate speech and persecution?

I am accused all the time of being rude and whatnot to Jeff, but the fact is, I am only calling out absurdities. I am sure Jeff is a nice enough person, but when I see someone stating blatantly false or misleading statements, or something similar, I am going to call them out on it. If that is rude then so be it. I don't beat around the bush.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Now, now Matadora, don't you know that anything Jeff doesn't like is hate speech and persecution?

I am accused all the time of being rude and whatnot to Jeff, but the fact is, I am only calling out absurdities. I am sure Jeff is a nice enough person, but when I see someone stating blatantly false or misleading statements, or something similar, I am going to call them out on it. If that is rude then so be it. I don't beat around the bush.
What's funny is he is the one who is mocking. I am the one simply calling him out for it.

He clearly does not even know what mockery means and he himself is the one doing it.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:44 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,391,395 times
Quote:
What's funny is he is the one who is mocking. I am the one simply calling him out for it.

He clearly does not even know what mockery means and he himself is the one doing it.
He does that kind of thing quite regularly. What can you do other than call him out on it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
He does that kind of thing quite regularly. What can you do other than call him out on it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Exactly! Not only does he lack scientific literacy he does not even know what mockery means and is completely unaware that he himself is doing it towards science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality