Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 02:23 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then how about you tell me the flaws in my reasoning rather than just droning on about how ignorant I am. That accomplishes nothing.
Your flaws: You have made numerous flat out scientifically ignorant comments about Evolution that it's clear you don't understand it much less science.

Quote:
The biggest problem that I see with evolution is that it has become such a big affront to Christianity that the scientists approach it very unscientific like.
Until you can list the flaws in Evolution that you see how can I address each and every one of them?

What affront are you talking about? Scince does not pay attention to any specific religion. Religion is not science thus has no place in science nor does science concern itself with religion. So exactly what affront are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 02:32 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Your flaws: You have made numerous flat out scientifically ignorant comments about Evolution that it's clear you don't understand it much less science.

Until you can list the flaws in Evolution that you see how can I address each and every one of them?
No intermediary fossils.
I posted some videos on here some time back of some scientists who said there's tons and tons of intermediary fossils, so many we can't count them all! Then when re-interviewed they said there were none.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post

What affront are you talking about? Scince does not pay attention to any specific religion. Religion is not science thus has no place in science nor does science concern itself with religion. So exactly what affront are you talking about?

So you have no counter argument. Got it.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:15 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The fact that you post this shows that you haven't the first clue about evolution or basic science .

It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so rabidly opposed to a concept that they are completely ignorant about . Wouldn't learning what the concept is all about be the first step in rejecting it ?

BTW , human and dog DNA is similar because at some point we shared a common ancestor . The amount of differentiation between us is based on how far back down the line we diverged .
It never ceases to amaze me how every single atheist I encounter online acts like they have PHD in science. Wow, what are the odds that everyone is an expert in the same discipline?

You still have offered zero proof that I came from a primate.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how every single atheist I encounter online acts like they have PHD in science. Wow, what are the odds that everyone is an expert in the same discipline?
Unhappy with smart people who know things you don't? There's a solution: go to college (community college is an OUTSTANDING value) and expand your education beyond what they tell you in church. Then YOU would know cool stuff too.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-23-2016 at 03:47 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 03:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:

You still have offered zero proof that I came from a primate.

That is sort of us asking you to provide proof that Texas is part of the United States. Go look at every evolutionary textbook or some books written for the layperson. The Greatest Show on Earth by Dawkins is one example. Do you really expect someone to type out entire papers or books just so that you can either ignore or dismiss?Most of us have read Gensis, have you actually read any scientific peer reviewed paper by an evolutionary biologist?

I do not have a PhD but I do have a Masters degree and that included courses in biology, evolutionary biology, biogeography, paleotology, anthropology, physical geography, geology, statrigraphy, taxonomy and palynogy. How much more education do you expect any of us to have to state that we know more than someone who does not appear to understand how science works, and misrepresents what the tehory of evolution states and yet feels qualify to state that evolution is a lie as an actual fact? One does not have to be an expert in any particular discipline to be knowledgable about it and more importantly once you have studies enough science courses one has learnt how science works and what it can and cannot do. Most of those argueing with you on evolution understand how science works and how to read a scientific paper.

And if evolution is not correct which creation story do you recommend? It would not be perchance the one from the religion that you follow would it?

Until you make statements regarding evolution that are factual, even if you do not agree with the theory you can expect others to show you your errors. It would be no different than if I made claims that the Bible states something without ever reading the Bible and also not knowing the context of any of the stories in it. I would be surprised if you did not jump on it pointing out my errors. Why should you get a bye and be allowed to make incorrect and false statements about evolution without others pointing out your errors? And you also seem to be assuming that all those who do show where you are wrong about what you think evolution is must be atheists. The Cathloic Church not only accepts evolution, but teaches it in their schools and has Jesuits working in that field. I am sure you will find other Christian denominations and several of the Jewish ones also doing the same. But you seem to think that anything that does not rely on a god must be athesitic.

You will not get proof as has been explained that is not how science works, but for evidence, with DNA they can trace the number of years to the closest 10 or 100 thousand or even closer of when we broke off from the other great apes, when we including the great apes broke off from the line that became monkeys. DNA tells us that many of us have Neathradal genes, and not all of us have the same genes, others have from that other group found in Russia but those from Africa have neither. Then there is the fossil evidence which clearly links us to the other primates. Dental evidence also points to a common lineage.

It is all laid out for you in books in your local university library and it does not cause any pain to read them even if you do not wish to accept the evidence or conclusion. I have done the same with creationist and global flood books and even the websites. I have read several books that try to disprove evolution. If you are unwilling to read any of the books on evolution in an attempt to understand why we support it then you are more than likely just playing work games with us and are not truly interested in finding out what the evidence for our evolution from primates actually is. There is massive amount of evidence but yes no eye witnesses as it happens so slowly that no one would have noticed. But your God made the universe in a day or two and where are the eye witnesses?

I once again suggest you read Stephen Jay Gould's Rocks of Ages to see how one evolutionary biologists does not see a conflict between evolution and religion (other than your literal view) and then read Dawkin's Greatest Show on Earth. Or if you do not wish to read about evolution perhaps be so good as to show us how you know that evolution is a lie without using your Bible.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
So you have no counter argument. Got it.
There is nothing to argue.

You are not scientifically literate. Nothing to argue about there.

Evolution is a well supported Scientific Theory with tons of evidence and data. Nothing to argue about there.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No intermediary fossils.
You are another person who lacks scientific literacy.

List of Transition Fossils

List of Human Evolution Fossils

Transitional Forms

Old 02-23-2016, 04:46 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
I know all of these discussions with Eusebius and Jeffbase are primarily for the lurkers since we all know that neither of their misguided opinions will be changed, but at some point even the lurkers are like, "enough is enough".

Old 02-23-2016, 04:47 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Why not both? If God chooses not to heal me then that just means I get to go to heaven sooner. All of our bodies will eventually fail us one day.
Great.

You obviously never have to be a burden on either private or public healthcare providers. Just go see Benny Hinn, and all is good. Oh, an that applies to your family members, including children and grandchildren.

Your right about us all becoming worm food some day. We can be recycled, and feed some other life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality