Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 11:45 PM

33,609 posts, read 37,258,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Hmmm interesting.

If God is created by man, then man is created by who?

I tell you the problem in OP,

Something that was "created" cannot be God.

What makes God, a God is that he is not created.

Anything that is "created"'is a creation, and creation is not God.

So the entire argument goes out of the window when you say "God was created", because if it was "created" then it does not meet the definition of God.
Exactly...You have just said that god is nothing more than fiction.....I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 11:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,957,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Evolution requires a level of belief. Unless you have a time machine where you can go back and see first hand how we transformed into humans from the beginning then it is still a belief that we were not created by God.
You really don't understand science, Jeff.

Mostly because you don't want to. So, tell me, would you go to a faith healer or a medical doctor if you had a serious ailment?

Old 02-22-2016, 11:53 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,294,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Mostly because you don't want to. So, tell me, would you go to a faith healer or a medical doctor if you had a serious ailment?
Scientifically illiterate Americans need to sit down and hush up or go to college and study science.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:54 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,957,319 times
Quote:
No need to muddy up the waters here. You know full well that it is common to associate abiogenesis with evolution and it's at the heart of an evolution debate. The mechanism that you define as evolution could have simply have been another defense mechanism from God to allow species to adapt to different environments. It's a far reach to tell me that I arrived from a primate ancestor simply from observing that moths have changed colors.

Jeff... get it through your skull.

Creation or abiogeneis or the start of life has absolutely nothing to with evolution. Nada. Nix. Nothing.

You fundies are the only ones who think it does. You just don't understand the science at all.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:54 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,294,351 times
Quote:
So we have observed in real time hominids transforming into human beings? Wow.
Showing off science illiteracy is not impressive.

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever about Evolution.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:55 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,215,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I expect we can all rise to this challenge.
That is simple. where does it say, in any text, "I wrote it, God"?
At least that would be a start

Old 02-23-2016, 04:41 AM

16,746 posts, read 15,789,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Scientifically illiterate Americans need to sit down and hush up or go to college and study science.
I disagree. All that was necessary was to pass a high school biology class. I learned enough there (way back before DNA was invented) to understand the basic elements of evolution. No college science class was necessary to understand that.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 AM

10,100 posts, read 5,768,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Why not both? If God chooses not to heal me then that just means I get to go to heaven sooner. All of our bodies will eventually fail us one day.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,296,491 times
Quote:
Evolution requires a level of belief. Unless you have a time machine where you can go back and see first hand how we transformed into humans from the beginning then it is still a belief that we were not created by God.

Actually not true anymore in the days of genetics . We can track our ancestry from other primates genetically .

Old 02-23-2016, 08:56 AM

10,100 posts, read 5,768,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Showing off science illiteracy is not impressive.

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever about Evolution.
Then how about you tell me the flaws in my reasoning rather than just droning on about how ignorant I am. That accomplishes nothing.

The biggest problem that I see with evolution is that it has become such a big affront to Christianity that the scientists approach it very unscientific like. In other words, there is most likely a fear to dare to go against the masses and question or criticize any aspect of evolution

Quote:

The academic community is incredibly intolerant of anyone not paying loyalty to Darwinian ideas, and have no hesitation in railroading such an individual out of the community, having them fired, and making life generally miserable for such a person. So for a young person to let his professors know that he might be skeptical of Darwinism ... even such a mild disowning of the Darwinian point of view is considered so dangerous among many of the professional biologists that such a person is railroaded out of the profession.

Dr. Philip Skell

That doesn't sound like true science. True science should be open to ANY possibility including the one that God exists and Darwinian evolution is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality