Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 09:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm sure you would find mangled bodies and bodies missing limbs and bodies burning in the wrecks a interesting. Now we know.
Wrong again, Eusie. I find mangled bodies disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 11:06 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted.
Yet he has a good point, because...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your arguments are becoming increasingly infantile.

I mean, come on Jeff. It seems like every few days your arguments get worse. You are no better than the mouth breathers who say, "Why they still monkeys if we come from monkeys!" people. You have so much confirmation bias and lack of critical thinking ability that it makes me wonder how you even function in daily life. Like an infant.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-23-2016 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:08 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Yet he has a good point, because...

I mean, come on Jeff. It seems like every few days your arguments get worse. You are no better than the mouth breathers who say, "Why they still monkeys if we come from monkeys!" people. You have so much confirmation bias and lack of critical thinking ability that it makes me wonder how you even function in daily life. Like an infant.
Seems like all you can do is toss out insults like the ones here. How about proving me wrong but in a respectful manner for a change? Your negativity is almost suffocating.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Seems like all you can do is toss out insults like the ones here. How about proving me wrong but in a respectful manner for a change? Your negativity is almost suffocating.
If it is an insult to simply point out how infantile your arguments are, then I don't know how else to go about it. I call things as I see them. Sorry if that comes off as rude, or insulting. Maybe make arguments that don't sound like they are coming from a child or someone with an inability to think for themselves?

I mean, the post that was being responded to was the one where you seem to think that the only way for evolution to be true is to observe another species spontaneously turn into another. This is very infantile, or at the very least, childlike. Anyone with cursory knowledge of science would know this. The fact that there are many who don't only shows why we need less religion, and more education.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:33 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
DewDropInn wrote:
I see them as weirdly interesting. Like a multi-car wreck on the freeway. You know there's something bad there.... but you have to look to see just how bad it is.
Quote:
Eusebius replied:
I'm sure you would find mangled bodies and bodies missing limbs and bodies burning in the wrecks a interesting. Now we know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wrong again, Eusie. I find mangled bodies disturbing.
You said you find multi-car wrecks on the freeway interesting. Then you say you have to look to see just how bad it is.

That is rather macabre.
There are people who burn down buildings with people in them. They find such things so interesting. They return to see the charred bodies. I don't see much difference between such people and people who find multi-car wrecks interesting.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You said you find multi-car wrecks on the freeway interesting. Then you say you have to look to see just how bad it is.

That is rather macabre.
There are people who burn down buildings with people in them. They find such things so interesting. They return to see the charred bodies. I don't see much difference between such people and people who find multi-car wrecks interesting.
You are either unaware of the saying, or you are being purposely obtuse. You know, "It's like a bad car accident, you just can't look away."

Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Humans and dogs are genetically similar. Does that mean we came from dogs too? Doesn't prove that we came from a primate. The only way you can prove it conclusively is to observe the transitions in real time.

The fact that you post this shows that you haven't the first clue about evolution or basic science .

It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so rabidly opposed to a concept that they are completely ignorant about . Wouldn't learning what the concept is all about be the first step in rejecting it ?

BTW , human and dog DNA is similar because at some point we shared a common ancestor . The amount of differentiation between us is based on how far back down the line we diverged .

Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The fact that you post this shows that you haven't the first clue about evolution or basic science .

It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so rabidly opposed to a concept that they are completely ignorant about . Wouldn't learning what the concept is all about be the first step in rejecting it ?

BTW , human and dog DNA is similar because at some point we shared a common ancestor . The amount of differentiation between us is based on how far back down the line we diverged .
Some of the greatest minds are coming out against evolution. I happen to be one of them. Here is another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTa...UMMc1E&index=2

Old 02-23-2016, 12:29 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Humans and dogs are genetically similar. Does that mean we came from dogs too? Doesn't prove that we came from a primate. The only way you can prove it conclusively is to observe the transitions in real time.

Science does not have to prove that we came from an earlier primate. All science has to do is demonstrate that the evidence indicates that we evolved from an earlier primate, and that primates and canines also had a common denominator. If all lines of evidence points to the same answer we accept that UNTIL evidence comes to light that shows that our conclusion cannot be correct, at that point we look at new hypotheus to be tested to include that new evidence and when one has been tested and found to be able to best explain the evidence we have a new theory.

To date after over 150 years of study, of new disciplines, of new and better techniques for investigation we have yet to find evidence that disproves the theory of evolution. This entire way that science works has been explained to you but you hold onto the need to actually see something happen to be able to prove it is just a way to avoid the truth, the truth is that the scientific community, including many many Christians who work in the fields accepts that the theory of evolution is the best explaination for the evidence and that it has withstood all the tests subjected upon it to date. Creationism has not withstood the tests of the evidence.

It does not matter how much you misrepresent the theory of evolution, try to mislead us about scientists or that you appear to believe that evolution and athestism are somehow related, evolution explains who we are how we got here from our earlier forms. It is too bad you view it as threat to your faith but I think being dishonest about evolution by creationists should be a greater threat to their faith or fate as I think your God strongly suggested being honest.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Science does not have to prove that we came from an earlier primate. All science has to do is demonstrate that the evidence indicates that we evolved from an earlier primate, and that primates and canines also had a common denominator. If all lines of evidence points to the same answer we accept that UNTIL evidence comes to light that shows that our conclusion cannot be correct, at that point we look at new hypotheus to be tested to include that new evidence and when one has been tested and found to be able to best explain the evidence we have a new theory.

To date after over 150 years of study, of new disciplines, of new and better techniques for investigation we have yet to find evidence that disproves the theory of evolution. This entire way that science works has been explained to you but you hold onto the need to actually see something happen to be able to prove it is just a way to avoid the truth, the truth is that the scientific community, including many many Christians who work in the fields accepts that the theory of evolution is the best explaination for the evidence and that it has withstood all the tests subjected upon it to date. Creationism has not withstood the tests of the evidence.
You are arguing via the argumentum ad populum fallacy above. For instance, one could make a statement: "Over a hundred million scientists believe in evolution whereas only one does not. Therefore, evolution is correct."

Quote:
It does not matter how much you misrepresent the theory of evolution, try to mislead us about scientists or that you appear to believe that evolution and athestism are somehow related, evolution explains who we are how we got here from our earlier forms. It is too bad you view it as threat to your faith but I think being dishonest about evolution by creationists should be a greater threat to their faith or fate as I think your God strongly suggested being honest.
I don't think Jeff was misleading or misrepresenting. What I do believe is that **some** in the scientific community have mislead people and misrepresented their evolutionary position and done so on purpose. I have posted videos on here where scientists made a bald-faced lie concerning evolution and when re-interviewed told the opposite.

Trust me when I tell you this: Evolution will go the way of voodoo men casting spells on people to heal them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality