Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 02:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 37,185,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
In the rest of the world, mostly heterosexual people have HIV.

Again, go read a book.
Actually in the USA as well.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:39 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I think the fundamentalist obsession with this has to do with the belief they have that marriage is "ordained by god" and is therefore holy matrimony. As such, I can only conclude that some subconscious version of your parody plays out in their head when this "god ordained institution" is sullied / disrespected / perverted by society. They fear god will judge them along with society unless they can demonstrate that they have fought tooth and nail against it. It breaks the majick.

Yet the fact remains that their marriages are whatever they were before SSM was allowed, and are a reflection of the commitment they have made to their own spouses. The imagined basis in god's approval is entirely in between their ears. I note with interest that when a fundamentalist (or anyone) cheats on their spouse, it is the spouse that judges them, not god. Except, of course, once again, in their imagination. When you have all sorts of imagined commitments and contracts with an invisible being things get pretty complicated and more than a little crazy.
Well stated as usual,mordant.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:47 PM

11,071 posts, read 6,011,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually it was religion that changed the exclusivity of marriage...There were and still are same sex unions in many cultures all through history, even in Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt...We still have not seen a valid explanation of how gay marriage destroys heterosexual unions.....
The silence is DEAFENING!

Could it be that we have these anti-gay rights fundamentalists stumped?

Old 03-12-2016, 03:20 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,290,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Asking for actual real life examples of all the things conservative Christians love to claim always seems to stump them.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:29 PM

11,071 posts, read 6,011,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well stated as usual,mordant.
Agreed!

Old 03-12-2016, 03:34 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,750,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

The silence is because you are deaf to the truth. I made valid points which got blown off immediately. No point in really trying anymore. IF you want answers, try asking it in a forum that isn't like 90% anti-Christian and pro-gay. But you don't want answers. You just want to pose trap questions for amusement. That's all that's going on here, folks.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The silence is because you are deaf to the truth. I made valid points which got blown off immediately. No point in really trying anymore. IF you want answers, try asking it in a forum that isn't like 90% anti-Christian and pro-gay. But you don't want answers. You just want to pose trap questions for amusement. That's all that's going on here, folks.

The topic is not your perceptions of gay marriage and homosexuality , but rather examples of how gay marriage has ruined heterosexual marriage . And you certainly have not provided that.

We are asking for facts about how gay marriage affects heterosexual marriage , not your opinion on whether gay sex is unhealthy or kids raised by gay parents might be embarrassed by that .

Old 03-12-2016, 03:44 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,683,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I mean it obviously does, right?

One day my wife and I were just sitting there, all happily married, and then BOOM! , out of the blue we both looked at each other kind of funny. I asked what was wrong and she said " I don't know, but something just feels weird. Do you feel it?" I sat quietly for a minute, and then I said " yeah, I do. What is it". We couldn't figure it out. Then we decided that it felt like marriage sucked. We both said we still loved each other , but we could just tell our marriage was going downhill, rapidly. For what reason we simply could not figure out. We talked and talked, nothing seemed to have changed but something obviously had. We went to bed , hoping that things would be better in the morning, but they were even worse in the morning. Then when we watched the news we figured it all at .

THE GAYS WERE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED NOW ALSO!

So THATS what the problem was! The gays destroyed marriage, and that's what we had felt. We even did some checking, and sure enough, right at the time we felt the BOOM!, it turns out a gay couple had said "I do". And BAM! , just ruined it.

So , we realize the only hope for heterosexual marriage in America is to pass new laws against gay marriage, so heterosexual marriages can return to normal. And we must do this for our kids as well! My daughter called that very day crying. She and her fiancée were planning their marriage, but they too realized that there is no point now. The gays have ruined it for everyone.

We have learned that we are not the only happily married heterosexual couple to have their marriage destroyed by gay marriage , and sadly that many other young couples have had to give up on the hope of marriage due to the gays destroying it for us all. So , all of you brave Americans, please feel free to share your stories about how gay marriage has destroyed yours , and your childrens and grandchildrens hopes for the kind of happy heterosexual marriage we all had before the gays got to have the same rights to get married as we do.

We hope to save our blessed heterosexual marriage from the ravaging effects of gay marriage through counseling, and our counselor tells us that they are all overwhelmed with requests for appointments from heterosexuals suffering the same fate as us now that gay marriage is destroying heterosexual marriages across America. At the same time there are numerous reports of heterosexual couples canceling their weddings because it is pointless now that gays can get married also.

We must act NOW to save heterosexual marriage from complete ruin and even extinction as a result of two gay or lesbian people being allowed the same rights that were once the exclusive province of heterosexuals.
Sounds like you already had some issues going on, that really have nothing to do with same sex marriage. sounds like whatever the issues are, it's convenient just to blame it on the SSM crowd. The foundation of your relationship must have been pretty weak, if something like this comes between you. The divorce in this country been high long before same same sex marrage.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:47 PM

18,511 posts, read 9,188,189 times
The title of this thread looks like a headline from The Onion.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Sounds like you already had some issues going on, that really have nothing to do with same sex marriage. sounds like whatever the issues are, it's convenient just to blame it on the SSM crowd. The foundation of your relationship must have been pretty weak, if something like this comes between you. The divorce in this country been high long before same same sex marrage.

LOL. I KNEW this would happen sooner or later . I actually expected it before now .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality