Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 03:59 PM

33,581 posts, read 37,218,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Sounds like you already had some issues going on, that really have nothing to do with same sex marriage. sounds like whatever the issues are, it's convenient just to blame it on the SSM crowd. The foundation of your relationship must have been pretty weak, if something like this comes between you. The divorce in this country been high long before same same sex marrage.
LOL....That poster was joking...

Old 03-12-2016, 04:04 PM

11,087 posts, read 6,033,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Sounds like you already had some issues going on, that really have nothing to do with same sex marriage. sounds like whatever the issues are, it's convenient just to blame it on the SSM crowd. The foundation of your relationship must have been pretty weak, if something like this comes between you. The divorce in this country been high long before same same sex marrage.
Exactly!

That is the whole point. Marital issues have nothing whatever to do with SSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
LOL. I KNEW this would happen sooner or later . I actually expected it before now .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL....That poster was joking...
I hope so!

Old 03-12-2016, 04:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,293,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Great thread, wall.

And once again, we see that Viz and jeff et al are firing blanks in the reason and rationality department.

They huff and they puff and they bluster and threaten but they have no ammo.

Just bellowing their way into irrelevance.

Thank you .

The impetus was the repeated remarks about this from the fundies in random threads, but when asked for examples they went silent. So I decided to give them their own thread to show all their examples of how heterosexual marriage is being destroyed .

So far closing in on 125 posts and nothing from them . I mean, it's almost as if they were making the stuff up

Old 03-12-2016, 05:48 PM

63,990 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The title of this thread looks like a headline from The Onion.
So does the content of the post.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:29 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,235,407 times
Post number 125....anybody changed their mind?? Helloo?

Old 03-12-2016, 06:39 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,293,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Post number 125....anybody changed their mind?? Helloo?

I think after 125 posts and no examples of the ruination of heterosexual marriage, the point IS being made that their oft made claims are rubbish .

And that was the point of the thread . I don't think anyone expects to change the mind of a Viz, Jeff, or Eusie . All we want is to show them stammering and dodging on certain issues when attempting to defend their stance . And I believe there are readers that do take notice of such things as this , such as that the fundies are incapable of backing up their claims at each and every turn .

Old 03-12-2016, 07:31 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,959,704 times
Quote:
I mean it obviously does, right?

One day my wife and I were just sitting there, all happily married, and then BOOM! , out of the blue we both looked at each other kind of funny. I asked what was wrong and she said " I don't know, but something just feels weird. Do you feel it?" I sat quietly for a minute, and then I said " yeah, I do. What is it". We couldn't figure it out. Then we decided that it felt like marriage sucked. We both said we still loved each other , but we could just tell our marriage was going downhill, rapidly. For what reason we simply could not figure out. We talked and talked, nothing seemed to have changed but something obviously had. We went to bed , hoping that things would be better in the morning, but they were even worse in the morning. Then when we watched the news we figured it all at .

THE GAYS WERE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED NOW ALSO!

So THATS what the problem was! The gays destroyed marriage, and that's what we had felt. We even did some checking, and sure enough, right at the time we felt the BOOM!, it turns out a gay couple had said "I do". And BAM! , just ruined it.

So , we realize the only hope for heterosexual marriage in America is to pass new laws against gay marriage, so heterosexual marriages can return to normal. And we must do this for our kids as well! My daughter called that very day crying. She and her fiancée were planning their marriage, but they too realized that there is no point now. The gays have ruined it for everyone.

We have learned that we are not the only happily married heterosexual couple to have their marriage destroyed by gay marriage , and sadly that many other young couples have had to give up on the hope of marriage due to the gays destroying it for us all. So , all of you brave Americans, please feel free to share your stories about how gay marriage has destroyed yours , and your childrens and grandchildrens hopes for the kind of happy heterosexual marriage we all had before the gays got to have the same rights to get married as we do.

We hope to save our blessed heterosexual marriage from the ravaging effects of gay marriage through counseling, and our counselor tells us that they are all overwhelmed with requests for appointments from heterosexuals suffering the same fate as us now that gay marriage is destroying heterosexual marriages across America. At the same time there are numerous reports of heterosexual couples canceling their weddings because it is pointless now that gays can get married also.

We must act NOW to save heterosexual marriage from complete ruin and even extinction as a result of two gay or lesbian people being allowed the same rights that were once the exclusive province of heterosexuals.
w
What does this have to do with the Religion and Spirituality Forum sounds like it needs to be on Relationships or whatever.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,258,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
w
What does this have to do with the Religion and Spirituality Forum sounds like it needs to be on Relationships or whatever.
It relates perfectly to this forum.

It exposes the hypocrisies of many holier-than-thou Christian posters.

We without blinders on, know who they are.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:57 PM

11,087 posts, read 6,033,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
w
Fundamentalist Christians are saying gay marriage is immoral and destroys the sanctity of marriage. We are asking them to give us examples of how gay marriage has harmed heterosexual marriages. This thread is in exactly the right place.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:36 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,759,999 times
Quote:
Thank you .

The impetus was the repeated remarks about this from the fundies in random threads, but when asked for examples they went silent. So I decided to give them their own thread to show all their examples of how heterosexual marriage is being destroyed .

So far closing in on 125 posts and nothing from them . I mean, it's almost as if they were making the stuff up
125 posts and you have presented absolutely nothing to convince me that SSM is moral and good for society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality