Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 11:06 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,669,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You don't grasp the difference between two men deciding to take whatever risks there might be , vs causing an innocent child to live their life with a birth defect ?

Let me give you some help. Explain why it is of more concern for a pregnant women to do drugs than a homeless guy living under a bridge.
The thought is ok. But a lot of gay men have sex with girls too. That passes the "defect" on. "god" has nothing to do with that claim. The claim is a fact. The "defect" tag can be debated.

Then there are the ones that stand for gays because they are just against something else. That may be ok, or not. There is no reason a person shouldn't be able to open a straight bar. Gays can open their own bars and invite whom ever they want.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:11 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,300,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What's amazing is that when people point out that many pedophiles are gay, you guys freak out. Now you're doing the same thing to argue against incestual relationships.

Why the double standard?

BTW, experts in pedophilia inform us that about 1/3 of pedophiles are men-boy , 1/3 are men- girl , and about 1/3 abuse both sexes. Women pedophilia is very rare for some reason , but mostly seems to be heterosexual with older women and younger underage boys.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:12 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,272,339 times
Quote:
BTW, experts in pedophilia inform us that about 1/3 of pedophiles are men-boy , 1/3 are men- girl , and about 1/3 abuse both sexes. Women pedophilia is very rare for some reason , but mostly seems to be heterosexual with older women and younger underage boys.
Why are you attempting to hijack the discussion to talk about pedophilia?

Old 03-12-2016, 11:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,276,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I thought personal testimony didn't count as evidence. Well if it does, I'll share my own. I grew up with two siblings who were both adopted. I was the only naturally born child born later. We are all a loving family, but there is still something lacking. I just don't have that blood kin type closeness that other siblings share. In fact, I often feel that my parents are the only glue that holds us together. Once they pass on, I wouldn't be surprised if I rarely hear from my siblings again.

Now I'm not being down on adoption here. I think it is a wonderful thing. And while I do think there are adopted children with loving gay parents who are happy, they do have a higher risk of being ostracized by their peers. My point is God's design for the family is children born out of the union of a man and a woman. This creates a strong blood kinship that children of gay parents will not have.
All of those children of heterosexuals that are filling up the foster and adoption system will not have that "blood kinship". So what is your solution? Leave them with abusive parents? Leave them in group homes with no parents? Kill them off?
These children already exist. It's far better for them to be adopted into loving homes than to be left in the system, and there are not enough heterosexual couples that are willing to adopt them.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:26 AM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times
Quote:
Why are you attempting to hijack the discussion to talk about pedophilia?
Are you forgetting that you were the one that brought that subject up in the first place? Post 31.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,272,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
These children already exist. It's far better for them to be adopted into loving homes than to be left in the system, and there are not enough heterosexual couples that are willing to adopt them.
In your opinion. Many of us believe that it's harmful to the child to see that type of immoral behavior modeled.

Just like I'm sure you'd hate to see a child adopted by a man that has an incestual relationship with his sister. We all agree that would be bad.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,669,873 times
Quote:
arent we missing the 1/2/1/3 that are family members? we would have to outlaw families well before religions.

its all very confusing to me.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,276,920 times
Quote:
Yet, you don't seem to be concerned about the health risks associated with gay sex.
There are health risks with any sexual act. The way to help reduce the risk is education about safer sex practices.

And there is not one sexual act that homosexuals do that heterosexuals don't do.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:28 AM

380 posts, read 202,664 times
Quote:

Quote:
Your feelings aside, SSM will harm no one.
Except perhaps the people involved, the children that are adopted by the people involved, etc.
Yeah, that's right- perhaps.
No harm. Perhaps is all there is.

Quote:
Quote:
Marring mother or sister will result in a sick child being born.
Actually, I've seen some proponents of it suggest that the risk is overstated.
Check your sources. Actually those proponents are wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
Who cares. You can believe whatever you want. You just don't have a right to force your strange believes that are not rutted in reality on others.
And likewise, you don't have the right to force your views of SSM or incestual marriage on anyone else.
Very bad argument.
I'm not forcing my views. I'm expressing my views, which I have a right to do.
What I don't have right to do is to force you to marry a man (if you are a man).

And it is exactly the same for you
You have a absolute right to express your views against SSM.
What you don't have right to do is to force your opinion on anyone and stop a man from marrying a man.

Very reasonable and fair for both points of view.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:29 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,779,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
All of those children of heterosexuals that are filling up the foster and adoption system will not have that "blood kinship". So what is your solution? Leave them with abusive parents? Leave them in group homes with no parents? Kill them off?
The problem wouldn't exist if everyone obeyed God's laws on sex. Adoption isn't the only issue. There are gay parents who are raising children through other means like artificial insemination. These children don't have the blood kinship that traditional marriage brings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality