Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 09:55 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well of course! Who in their right mind wouldn't?? What your god did (allegedly) would be akin to mechanic building a car and fitting it with an engine that he knew - 100% - would explode as soon as tried to start it. I mean how dumb would you call someone like that??

....and if that wasn't bad enough, the dumb-arse mechanic turns around and blames the guy that he made the car for, for not turning the ignition key correctly. The idiocy is further compounded by the customer, who, although he had absolutely nothing to do with building the car, accepts responsibility for blowing up the engine that the mechanic fitted - whilst knowing that it was defective.

Spot on again.

You're getting it right every time. Well done. What would you think of a manufacturer that deliberately designed and produced a product that he knew would fail straight off?

No you don't know that at all. It is what you BELIEVE based on the 4000 year old babbling of, by our standards, woefully uneducated men.

This is another irritating thing that fundies do, giving examples of things that their god does (as a parent) and equating it with what normal parents do with their children.

I'm sure that parents would say...'no, we wouldn't murder our son now, even though he is a rebel'. However, I'd wager that if they knew before conception that conceiving in position 'A' would result in a rebellious son that would have to be drowned but conceiving in position 'B' would result in a perfectly behaved son that would do them proud, they would go for 'B'.

That's what you just don't get my old china. You compare an omnimax deity with full knowledge of what has been, is and will ever be, with Mr and Mrs Smith next door. Ludicrous!

Spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 10:01 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You would say that even if I had video taped evidence of an angel. You would say the video was manipulated. There is nothing that would satisfy those who have harden their hearts against God. Yet in the real world, people have supernatural experiences every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
pfft! They'd still say that even if they could get in a time machine and go back and watch Jesus get crucified, or any of the great events of the Bible.
Two can play that silly game.

The Giant Extradimensional Space Crabs appeared to my girlfriend and I last night. Unfortunately, we did not have our smartphones with us, so we did not get a video recording. But even if we did, you evangelical Christians would never believe, because you hate the Giant Extradimensional Space Crabs.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
So your position is absolute morality? In other words, it can never change despite the circumstances? If you had the knowledge that this infant would grow up to murder millions of ppl and cause great amounts of pain, it would be still be immoral to end its life, correct?
See. You have no capacity to think logically do you? You need to think critically and ask yourself, WHY someone would deliberately create a child when the had the full knowledge that the child they were about to create would murder millions. See Jeff? That is how you should be thinking. That's how most people come to leaving behind ancient superstition.

Quote:
See, you are once again placing God down on man's level.
No. People like you do that with your very silly analogies equating parents with your god.

Quote:
He has the full right to take back that life regardless of age if He deems it necessary.
There you go folks....and he's allowed to vote too!

Old 04-08-2016, 10:11 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

The Giant Extradimensional Space Crabs appeared to my girlfriend and I last night. Unfortunately, we did not have our smartphones with us, so we did not get a video recording. But even if we did, you evangelical Christians would never believe, because you hate the Giant Extradimensional Space Crabs.
Good for you. Why did you believe them?

Old 04-08-2016, 10:27 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
An evil God would not have sent Christ to save our sorry butts by enduring hours of intense physical torture. That was an act of love to rescue us from the sin path of death.

Many many other humans have edured hours of intense physical torture both before and after Jesus was supposedly tortured. The sheer number of people who were tortured with intense pain simply because they were not Christians or not the right type of Christians are ignored because your one person suffered, but at least those who were tortured by Christians did not have a heaven to go to so I guess they were not important.

I cannot think of the number of hours that those who you claimed were killed by the flood were mentally tortured as they watched their family members being sweep away by the flood waters why there continued to try to hang on to a tree branch or a part of a cliff. The terror in the minds of the drowning bunnies, dogs, horses, pigs,kittens and humans. Only the albratross could survive 40 days off land

Old 04-08-2016, 10:28 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Many many other humans have edured hours of intense physical torture both before and after Jesus was supposedly tortured. The sheer number of people who were tortured with intense pain simply because they were not Christians or not the right type of Christians are ignored because your one person suffered, but at least those who were tortured by Christians did not have a heaven to go to so I guess they were not important.

I cannot think of the number of hours that those who you claimed were killed by the flood were mentally tortured as they watched their family members being sweep away by the flood waters why there continued to try to hang on to a tree branch or a part of a cliff. The terror in the minds of the drowning bunnies, dogs, horses, pigs,kittens and humans. Only the albratross could survive 40 days off land
Why do you believe they deserved any better? The atheist worldview has no answer for that--because morality is not based on any objective reality--it's only your opinion.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

Well if thousands of people worldwide were claiming to have real experiences with Space Crabs then that would be something worth considering, but your probability factor still remains at zero.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:41 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Nothing you said here refutes my point that Christ suffered for us. Have you ever had a single moment of pleasure in this lifetime? Well you can thank that evil God for that. You can thank Him for giving you life. He didn't have to create you, after all.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:50 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
An evil God would not have sent Christ to save our sorry butts by enduring hours of intense physical torture. That was an act of love to rescue us from the sin path of death.
More brutality being deemed as an act of love, in the eyes of worshippers. When has "Do as I say, and not as I do" ever been considered an admirable, or respectable statement? No need to show people how to live by example, when you are an all powerful god.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:50 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
For a group that says they just want to be left alone, atheists should have an obnoxious way of drawing attention to themselves. Here is their latest stunt:

Atheists Propose 'Genocide And Incest Park

$150 million dollars? That's a lot of money, time and effort put into something that makes a mockery of God's Word. And once again, that speaks of nothing but hatred to me. The billboard are disgusting as well as the idea for the theme park. "Hey kids, let's go have some fun and make fun of Christians!"

Not to mention that their position is unfair and not accurate. Genocide is an ugly word, but it does not apply equally between the creator and the creation. God gave us life. He didn't have to create you. Therefore, God has every right to take back that life especially if you are doing harm. Man has no right to take other people's life. Incest? Well since we all originated from Adam, we are all related on some degree so it would be interesting to hear from a moral perspective why atheists believe incest is wrong other than it is a nasty enflaming word that they want to put up on a large billboard.
Though I am not Religious (and never have been) and even disagree with a lot of the various Religious doctrine...I have always acknowledged the super "mojo" that Religion has, and given the due props for coming up with such a saleable concept that has such great influence, power, acceptance, respect, and devotion.
I also understand where the Religious derive their views. And, again, though I may not concur...I am aware that the "sacred writings" and "holy books" contain passages that they use to establish their positions and assessments of things.

OTOH...even though I was Atheist myself for over 40 years, I couldn't help but notice a very negative attitude and vibe that eminated from Atheism.
It comes across as based on all the negative stuff that many dislike about Religion such as the judgemental posture they often took...but without any outward efforts at the "good stuff", such as organized charity work and the support of education and healing through medical procedures as demonstrated by all the schools and hospitals that are Religious based.
Something like this park, that is obviously not to teach, bring forth "truth", or inspire (their bogus claims otherwise not withstanding)...but to criticize, mock, and insult the other park that is based upon a Religious viewpoint...does nothing but accentuate the preconceived negative opinion of Atheism.
If the Atheists would like to be accepted into the mainstream of the world, and ever hope to remove the label of "Most Hated & Least Trusted"...they need a whole new "game plan". A game plan that acknowledges that the vast majority of the world embraces & endorses some Religion...and furthermore, that they are fully devoted to their Theology, and view their Religious Beliefs as "sacred" and very influential to their life.

The Atheists need a good Public Relations crew and a whole new way of presenting and promoting their platform...the one they have now couldn't be worse. And this Park is a perfect example of how bad it is.
Only a complete fool would think it is good. Did they "channel" Donald Trump to come up with this tack?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality