Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 11:57 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really?

You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons,
sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky,
people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive
stories, and you say that WE are the ones that need help?
Mark Twain
Yes really. You must believe that atheists are the only sane people in the world. The rest of us are suffering from mental delusions of an imaginary God. Funny how our imaginations all align together so beautifully when God's people gets together. Funny how a complete stranger can lay hands on me and pray for me and speak specifically about my problems without knowing me and their imagination just nailing the exact problem out of hundreds of possibilities. It's all in our heads according to you.

You believe in a reality where it is perfectly natural for us to heal our bodies through the power of mental thoughts. How does a thought have power to create physical changes? It's called the placebo effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 12:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Nothing you said here refutes my point that Christ suffered for us. Have you ever had a single moment of pleasure in this lifetime? Well you can thank that evil God for that. You can thank Him for giving you life. He didn't have to create you, after all.
Well he did not create me. Do you thank Thor or the Great Creator? No because you do not believe in them. And there is no evidence to show me that there is a creator and certainly nothing other than the say so in your Bible that if a god exists that it would be the one you worship. You can call all the other religions in the world, past and present, lies and false all you want but it is simply your own belief and nothing else that would allow you to so so. People lived and died before Christ so his death did nothing for them.

For you to claim that I and all atheists and those of all other religions must accept your religion and your god is very arrogant. You dismiss all those who do not believe in a god, you dismiss all those of other religions and probably all those who believe in your god but not the exact way that you do. And then call those who do not accept your proclaimations as arogant of hateful simply for not accepting your proclaimiation.

If you god is reposible for all pleasure then he must take responsiblity for all pain. I do not have to accept the existence of a God and only of your God and only of your intrepetation of your God based on your say so therefore your whole claim does not apply.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Jeff, care to try answering my questions?

1.Who did Adam and Eves children have children with? Their brothers and sisters or with mom and dad. They were the only ones around according to your book.

2.Are you claiming that newborn infants DESERVED to be executed? Toddlers?
EVERYONE was killed in the flood according to your book that includes babies, toddlers and grandmothers.

3.Is your book lying, or did those babies deserve to be executed?

Old 04-08-2016, 12:23 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
So all mankind is faulty and bad?
According to you yes. According to you and Vizio even a one-hour old baby is sinful, corrupt and evil.

Quote:
Everything God created was originally perfect, working together like a well oiled machine.
No. Things that are perfect do not become imperfect. If they do then they weren't perfect to begin with were they. That it is the definition of 'perfect' Jeff...'unable to be corrupted'.

Quote:
Sinful man most certainly can create. We create chaos. We create war. We even mess up the environment with climate change. We wreck ecosystems with our oil spills. We destroy rain forests. etc...
We do what your god designed and planned for us to do. The lunacy of your god is that, having designed and planned us to do something, he then punishes us when we do what he designed and planned us to do.

Quote:
Man is to blame, not God.
So then Jeff. Are you saying that your god was unable to see the outcome of his 'creation'? Are you saying that Yahweh just created something and set it adrift without any conception of the outcome? Do tell please.

Quote:
If every batch is bad then yes,....
But that is the corruption and evil of your thought pattern fella. That you think that even a one-hour old baby is 'bad' and deserves to be murdered says a lot about the stability of your mind.

Quote:
the factory needs to go away and that's what happened in this isolated event. God saw that every thought in every human's heart was wicked.
and he couldn't see that before he started? Is he not omnimax then?

Quote:
It was hopeless. Good does not come out of evil. Each generation only gets worse.
...but that is how he designed and planned it.

Quote:
Then you lose the right to EVER demand evidence from me. You have already written it off.
You have it arse-backwards lad. If you are able to supply the VERIFIABLE evidence that what you believe is true then I will become a believer. Simple as that laddy!

Quote:
You claim they were uneducated without a single shred of proof to back it up. Typical.
No I didn't. See, this is where you make SUCH a fool of yourself Jeff lad, by seeing what you WANT to see rather than seeing what is ACTUALLY written. What I said was.... 'It is what you BELIEVE based on the 4000 year old babbling of, by our standards, woefully uneducated men.' and by our standards they WERE woefully educated wouldn't you say; or would you argue that the educational standard of 2500BCE where higher than ours?

Quote:
And God is not human. He is the creator of life. He has ever right to take it away and that is not immoral or evil. It is if we try to do it ourselves.
Your mindset is dangerous lad. Get help.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:23 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

1.Who did Adam and Eves children have children with? Their brothers and sisters or with mom and dad. They were the only ones around according to your book.

2.Are you claiming that newborn infants DESERVED to be executed? Toddlers?
EVERYONE was killed in the flood according to your book that includes babies, toddlers and grandmothers.

3.Is your book lying, or did those babies deserve to be executed?
Are those things wrong? How do you know? All your worldview offers is your own opinion. Your opinion is not binding on anyone but yourself.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:25 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen bro!

Old 04-08-2016, 12:26 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Yes really. You must believe that atheists are the only sane people in the world. The rest of us are suffering from mental delusions of an imaginary God. Funny how our imaginations all align together so beautifully when God's people gets together. Funny how a complete stranger can lay hands on me and pray for me and speak specifically about my problems without knowing me and their imagination just nailing the exact problem out of hundreds of possibilities. It's all in our heads according to you.
Yes it is all imaginary.....In your head...Delusions...You are well and truly brainwashed...You have been drinking the Koolaid far too long, and I don't think you can be cured.

Quote:
You believe in a reality where it is perfectly natural for us to heal our bodies through the power of mental thoughts. How does a thought have power to create physical changes? It's called the placebo effect.
What the hell are you talking about here? I believe no such thing.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Are those things wrong? How do you know? All your worldview offers is your own opinion. Your opinion is not binding on anyone but yourself.
Typical dodge...You cannot answer a question with questions.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:30 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

So instead of answering questions you shift it to the person asking the questions to place a moral aspect to it and then you dismiss their right to have a morality. That you refuse to answer questions might indicate that you are unwilling to defend those actions and events and wish to use those actions and events to attack someone for not thinking just like you do. Surely in a discussion you are capable of answering a question.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:33 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
I only go to Disney parks, now. Religion free zone is good for me. The tickets are too expensive, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality