Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 03:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
The angels were created with "free will" just as humans were, God doesn't want robots. So, they had/have just as much ability to rebel as any human does/did.

Only difference, is that they do it with their "eyes wide open", IE: they KNOW the full truth of God, there's no FAITH involved in their knowledge of God

So, angels decision to rebel is irrevocable, per God's rules. Jesus dying on the cross being the cure for the sin of humans, doesn't apply to angels.
no it doesn't, because the "sin" Jesus saved us from is "ignorance". Since the angle's know more they could not be saved from the same "sin" as us. Kind of like how a PhD (Angles) is not "saved" like 2nd grader (humans)

My world view is based on what we do know. That can be summed up using the periodic table for now. There are levels and rows; levels and rows. "God" would be seen as the periodic table. That world view can address "god" in terms of "traits"/"Characteristics" that are known. That world view's "Faith" only asked you to except that human common sense and reasoning power, as a group, can offer us a better understanding than "blind faith" alone. Again, levels and rows. PT'Lar's love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 03:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
By the way he murdered the entire world, including the animals, out of rage for people not behaving the way He wanted, .

yeah, my kid said the same thing when I gave him a time out.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:55 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Well, we can hardly KNOW or even fathom the whole truth about God, at least in our present life as humans on Earth. 1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known".

Angels are standing right in front of God, they already KNOW the "whole truth" before accepting or rejecting it.

How about it being about as simple as this: HIS creation, HIS rules!

We can choose to accept them and live by them as best we can in our limited knowledge and understanding (FAITH). or, we can reject them, and live by any rules we want. FREE WILL either way, which was a gift from God.

We could also get into the whole trying to hash out God and Satan basically using Earth and humans as a long running giant poker game, but "there lies madness". I guess you can say that sentence boils it down as basic as you can get, but it's so simplified, it's actually terrifying to think it could be just that simple.

Then some of us realize and understand that God provided his son as a sacrifice in our place so that we DON'T have to submit to sin and die forever in sin. Now if God wasn't worth trusting, (since he obviously knows the final ending of the game) why would he have given us free will and a way out from the wrong decision?
another mixed up xian. FYI, jesus IS god.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:48 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,019,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
I agree, where did I imply that he wasn't?

Old 05-11-2016, 01:38 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
I agree, where did I imply that he wasn't?
Quote:
God provided his son as a sacrifice

Old 05-11-2016, 10:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no it doesn't, because the "sin" Jesus saved us from is "ignorance". Since the angle's know more they could not be saved from the same "sin" as us. Kind of like how a PhD (Angles) is not "saved" like 2nd grader (humans)

My world view is based on what we do know. That can be summed up using the periodic table for now. There are levels and rows; levels and rows. "God" would be seen as the periodic table. That world view can address "god" in terms of "traits"/"Characteristics" that are known. That world view's "Faith" only asked you to except that human common sense and reasoning power, as a group, can offer us a better understanding than "blind faith" alone. Again, levels and rows. PT'Lar's love.
A firefighter would chose to save a 2nd grader instead of a PhD because such a firefighter has natural inclinations and conscious priorities and also isn't wholly capable. Otherwise, a hero would save both the 2nd grader and the PhD from a burning house that they trapped themselves inside of. That is the purpose of the Tathagata Buddha, to educate the the deluded Divas [even such Divas that see themselves as monotheist because of a lack of awareness and egalitarianism] and their angels (servant-divas) and demons (rebellious/bad servant-divas). The politics of Heavens needs a dose of the Greater Vision, a helping hand of Education.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 05-11-2016 at 10:47 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
he meant his self-son, don't be so daft about their messed up and convoluted mythology and theology, they basically advertise their insanity with bullhorns in the street corners, you should be aware of how they tried to syncretized different christian factions together by saying they were basically all right/correct, even if seemingly contradictory.

Of course, to a Jew, a god with a son-self is just a DID pagan god, or a polytheist avatar god in par with Hinduism.

In order to make sense of their fallible Bibliolatry, Christians have to say that Jesus is completely God and also not completely God as God's only worldly begotten son through mary's womb (and God sperm?), The have to say that the Special Son is equal to the Father but Jesus was less than the Father and currently sits at his right hand although they are one.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 05-11-2016 at 10:58 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, my kid said the same thing when I gave him a time out.
You tried to murder you kid (and perhaps plan on letting him be tortured for ever) if he so accidentally wills to rebel against you a little bit?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Well, we can hardly KNOW or even fathom the whole truth about God, at least in our present life as humans on Earth. 1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known".

Angels are standing right in front of God, they already KNOW the "whole truth" before accepting or rejecting it.

How about it being about as simple as this: HIS creation, HIS rules!

We can choose to accept them and live by them as best we can in our limited knowledge and understanding (FAITH). or, we can reject them, and live by any rules we want. FREE WILL either way, which was a gift from God.

We could also get into the whole trying to hash out God and Satan basically using Earth and humans as a long running giant poker game, but "there lies madness". I guess you can say that sentence boils it down as basic as you can get, but it's so simplified, it's actually terrifying to think it could be just that simple.

Then some of us realize and understand that God provided his son as a sacrifice in our place so that we DON'T have to submit to sin and die forever in sin. Now if God wasn't worth trusting, (since he obviously knows the final ending of the game) why would he have given us free will and a way out from the wrong decision?
So you're saying G-d likes human sacrifice?...

Old 05-11-2016, 10:47 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
No...He's not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality