Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 05:13 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Yes he is quite a cool guy. See, we agree on some things!
Yea, he is a cool guy and you are a 303Guy . . . whatever that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 05:59 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yea, he is a cool guy and you are a 303Guy . . . whatever that is.
I'm someone who is not in the bible.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:23 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
How can I hate a god if I don't believe in any deities? If the Bible were truly god's word, why are there so many versions and revisions of the genuine article? Wasn't god's word good enough, why would Christians need to bastardize it?
Of course you will deny this, but the proof is the in pudding. That proof is the relentless need to spend day after day harping and bashing, get this, Christians and the Bible and ONLY ONLY Christians and the Bible.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Of course you will deny this, but the proof is the in pudding. That proof is the relentless need to spend day after day harping and bashing, get this, Christians and the Bible and ONLY ONLY Christians and the Bible.
We are only, only, exposed to Christian fundamentalism and most of us do not know much about Islam. Besides, the few Muslims on this board present themselves as sensible people.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We are only, only, exposed to Christian fundamentalism and most of us do not know much about Islam. Besides, the few Muslims on this board present themselves as sensible people.
Ok so why do I never see atheists in foreign countries bashing the religion over there? Nope, it's worldwide hatred of Christians.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Ok so why do I never see atheists in foreign countries bashing the religion over there? Nope, it's worldwide hatred of Christians.
We don't go out into the real world and bash people. If we met in person we would not mention religion. Here we are 'discussing' and debating our differences. You are free to say stuff and we are free to challenge what we disagree with. And vise versa.

Actually, we are trying to get you see things differently.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Of course you won't see your points as defeated, because they could still be true.

But from my point of view, they ARE defeated, because there is now a reasonable explanation that doesn't require prophecy.

It is the same with archaeology. It is claimed that it supports the Bible, but in fact, it doesn't. I ought to know as I had discussions about claimed Hebrew writing in Sainai. Turned out to be Canaanite ostracon by migrant workers in the Turquoise -mines.

We had the Hyksos claimed as Joseph's people in Egypt. They were Cananites who established a couple of dynasties before Ahmose drove them out of Egypt, back to the 'promised land'. but they were Egyptian apart from a few Canaanite names, in culture and religion.

The once trumpeted fallen walls of Jericho have been shown to be of the wrong date and not an all at once collapse. and Nazareth of course, despite strenuous efforts fails to be more than a farm or two in Jesus' time.

I am afraid that I must regard the attempt to point to an actual Jerusalem temple, a Tiberius silver 'penny' and a tower of the Herodian palace as no more support for the NT story than Margaret Thatcher in a James Bond movie, a real Pekin Summer palace in a Flashman book and a real Dick Whittington, Lord mayor off London as support for the Puss in boots pantomine as being other than a tall story.
Then by that account , every bit of ancient history is fictional with your logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

And your infantile hellthreats just make me laugh.

I know. When Hank kicks my ass, you'll be counting your money and laughing..

All you are doing is reinforcing my negative stereotypes about atheists. Gee look dad, another mocking condescending atheist! Yes son, they all tend to be that way, sadly.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
You wrote that to Jeffbase40 but it was I who wrote about that. And yes, more than likely there are myriads of beings in the universe. The church is going to go to every one of them and head them up in the Christ as Ephesians tells us. You know, you can come along if you are chosen. I think it would be awesome to have you come with us. You are actually quite the cool guy. Really.
Thanks, but I won't be attending Church anyday soon...unless it is a debate. Sorry if I slipped addressing a reply to you into one to Jeff.

Quote:
They must have had airplanes in Jesus' day. He told them:
Mat_24:20 "Now be praying that your flight may not be occurring in winter, nor yet on a sabbath,"

And they had watches back then because Peter James and John slept on their watch.
That's pretty cool.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:57 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
The ones in Muslim countries end up in jail.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Poor, poor jeff.

How heavy is the cross you bear!!

How the crown of thorns stings your brow!!

And yet, you soldier on.

You are an inspiration to all non-thinking, non-feeling, unaware Christian Fundamentalists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality