Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:58 AM

689 posts, read 549,785 times

Advertisements

So you don't have the intelligence to get to the answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
You are actually reinforcing my point.
Hardly! I'm showing you that the passage that Christians love to claim mentions Jesus is a fraud.

Quote:
Get a clue!
Ditto!
Quote:
The most fundamental nature of history is that "it's up to your faith to believe in its truth".
No it isn't. Quite the opposite in fact. The fundamental nature of history is that it supported by verifiable facts..otherwise it is simply mythology or hearsay.

Quote:
It remains one's faith to classified a book as fake in the absence of even its original copy. A lot can occur if Josephus' works are only copies of copies. It's thus pointless to use the copies of copies of a book to say that it's fake. Because "Copies of copies" is common to almost all history of humans written more than 2000 years ago.
Well that would include your Bible then wouldn't it ...as there are no original versions of it. Your Bible has been copied innumerable times and thus, it is pointless to use the copies of copies of a book to say that it's true. Right?

Old 06-17-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Hardly! I'm showing you that the passage that Christians love to claim mentions Jesus is a fraud.

Ditto!
No it isn't. Quite the opposite in fact. The fundamental nature of history is that it supported by verifiable facts..otherwise it is simply mythology or hearsay.

Well that would include your Bible then wouldn't it ...as there are no original versions of it. Your Bible has been copied innumerable times and thus, it is pointless to use the copies of copies of a book to say that it's true. Right?
You don't know what history is! And you don't even know what you yourself are talking about!

Randomly fetch a history book of 2000 years, then show us which section of which chapter of which book is supported by facts!!!

Old 06-17-2016, 09:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Yes, we have a story about a goddess whose name pronounced as "Noah", who mended a large hole in heaven which keeps pouring down water causing the flood.
I've lived near water my whole life. I could tell many flood stories.

Lots of people live near water. They could tell flood stories.

Billions of people have lived near water over the past 100,000+ years. Betcha most of them who lived past the age of 8 could tell a flood story or 20.

In other words, whoop-dee-doo.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I've lived near water my whole life. I could tell many flood stories.

Lots of people live near water. They could tell flood stories.

Billions of people have lived near water over the past 100,000+ years. Betcha most of them who lived past the age of 8 could tell a flood story or 20.

In other words, whoop-dee-doo.
I didn't even try to hint anything.

So because a lot of people living near water such that a flood can never occur?

Old 06-17-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Yes, we have a story about a goddess whose name pronounced as "Noah", who mended a large hole in heaven which keeps pouring down water causing the flood.
Please supply the details where every single Chinese + animals were wiped out. The only Chinese flood myth I know of is Gun-Yo and that didn't wipe out everyone, lasted for two generations not a year and was alleged to have happened in 3,000 BCE, well before the alleged Noachian flood myth.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
You don't know what history is! And you don't even know what you yourself are talking about!

Randomly fetch a history book of 2000 years, then show us which section of which chapter of which book is supported by facts!!!
I know enough about history to know that there were no books 2,000 years ago which, clearly, is more than you know.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Please supply the details where every single Chinese + animals were wiped out. The only Chinese flood myth I know of is Gun-Yo and that didn't wipe out everyone, lasted for two generations not a year and was alleged to have happened in 3,000 BCE, well before the alleged Noachian flood myth.
Why must Chinese history be in support Noah's event in order for it to be true? Where's your logic?

Last edited by Hawkins; 06-17-2016 at 01:37 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I know enough about history to know that there were no books 2,000 years ago which, clearly, is more than you know.
So you won't be able to provide even a single book which is said to be written more than 2000 years ago, then to point out which section/chapter/book is supported by facts.

Moreover, like I said you can debunk almost every such a book the same way as one did to Josephus' works.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:33 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,041,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
People lean to unbelief than these lies will be all that they believe , as God can never reveal himself to faithless unbelief ......... God through Jesus who abides on my life is always there night and day , and if there come lying spirit of this world in my space and says anything , then Jesus spirit will identify this spirit and say ``lies``, which is discernment that there is a spirit of this world not of God here which has to be removed ............ Where I pray the authority of the believer prayer with my mouth , and Jesus Spirit removes the spirit of this world out of my space every time that he comes ....... As these spirit of the world can bring pain and disordered to my body and even ideas of indifference in my mind if allowed to stay ..................If I cannot pray with my mouth then the answer of prayer will not come , as it does not have to pray loud , but I need my mouth , or God cannot hear the prayer ..................Also God will give here insight into my employment were I will know of Jobs coming up before they happen , so I can prepare before which is a bonus , as the boss tells me what is coming up and I already know , as there are many different jobs to do on my work ............... Then when I go to church the gifts of the Holy Spirit , Jesus has for here is a travailing prayer which I pray during the worship which brings on the living waters , and is a blessing for all the people who come to church to rebuild the spirit of Christ on their lives ........Glory to God

Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality