Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 07:19 AM

611 posts, read 280,824 times

Advertisements

What Can Your God Do?

I found my God by searching the scriptures. And I know him well. He exists with you in that place beneath or beyond consciousness presenting this “I AM,” that you find yourself “just there,” in this “I AM” existing as some vaporous thoughts unlikely to even be of your own thinking, somebody else’s thoughts ruling in your own head. You should talk it over with that small voice always speaking to you from that unknown place in the back of your mind.

Watch Unsealed: Conspiracy Files on Netflix: “The way of the Kings.”

My God can do:

The essence of the word of God is wisdom.
We need to be clear: “What are you looking for?”
To inherit the kingdom of God requires a simple idea, actually doing what is required, requires practice…to give birth to.

My God can leave the spirit of darkness upon a man.
My God can put the spirit of enlightenment upon a man.

And at this point in time, what does our father require of you other than this: “Surely these are my people. A children that will not lie: so, he was their Savior.” The father from the beginning. Who would believe a talking snake deceived you? Who? Yes, I can almost lay my hands upon that serpent. I understand. And I say this, we stand waiting at this gate. What are you looking for regarding the word of God? Ask God yourself.

We come from the beginning, we have a better understanding of Genesis. We have an old beginning with a new frame of mind. What is this Book showing us? Maybe take a good deep look into the mirror of your life and see where you fit in with all those words written about you. Yep, that is us along with some mystery about God we can’t quite comprehend because we are to busy chasing or being chased around letting the other guys do all our thinking.

And who should you ask? Whom should you take your counsel with? The liars beside you, or some small voice in the back of your mind that never lies and is able to reveal a light where you have to scramble for words to express before it goes away.

UNSEALED: Conspiracy Files; Mankind is about to destroy himself = Hell on Earth. Satan, that devil, that lying tongue, that exists upon earth with man is about to have his wish. Go forth, killing each other sparing no one. But those that have the mark of God in their minds, those that know God and practice what he requires of them, don’t come near any one of them. They belong to God, for soon they will begin to speak out, even already speaking out, if only you had ears to hear and eyes to see.

The Book is a work of literature from a higher mind source shooting way over our heads for millenniums. Can you begin to grasp it now...you are born into a world that has cursed itself...773H NO?

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 07:49 AM

261 posts, read 156,592 times
Your god can only do what your mind wants it to do, there is no evidence any god exists outside the human mind.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:56 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
Your god can only do what your mind wants it to do, there is no evidence any god exists outside the human mind.
Of course there is evidence. I've presented the evidence and argued it for 100+ pages on threads before. The truth is that there is no evidence that the omnipotent and omniscient Tarantula spider will believe.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:59 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Of course there is evidence. I've presented the evidence and argued it for 100+ pages on threads before. The truth is that there is no evidence that the omnipotent and omniscient Tarantula spider will believe.
You might have better taken on the point that the estimable Mystic phd made (though he didn't intend to ) 'Evidence, even crap evidence, is still "Evidence".'

Old 06-04-2016, 09:39 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
mine?

Its gives me strenght by offering false hope sometimes. A place to "put" my human emtions. Like if I just miss being killed by a car, "wow! thanks universe". is good enough.

There is no poof there it is. But your inner self, using the laws of the universe, can pull you through. For me, assuming our region of space is life is the most logical solution. That claim matches observation better than "there aint no-nothing". Needing it to "love me" is not my area, I can only say its there, not what it is.

So keep thinking "it loves you" if thats what you need. There is no physics law broken believing that. Its just not my area and I know thats my short coming.

I can say It aint a small "god" like the one a literalist would have you believe, its bigger than that.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:51 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Some things that have always made me go hmmmmmm. If heaven is so great why did some angels revolt or leave? Why is there a war between good and evil? We knew nothing before birth so why would we expect to know anything at death?

Hey just some random thoughts. That being said I do believe in God. Life is just too precise. Until ET shows up. God it is.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:01 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Some things that have always made me go hmmmmmm. If heaven is so great why did some angels revolt or leave? Why is there a war between good and evil? We knew nothing before birth so why would we expect to know anything at death?

Hey just some random thoughts. That being said I do believe in God. Life is just too precise. Until ET shows up. God it is.
its simple. They were made to revolt. It has to be that way. People that don't understand that just don't "see" good enough. Which is fine, I just don't like when they tell me whats up while thinking all they know is all they need to know.

Like that bible apple thingie the fundy mental claim.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:41 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post

Another thought: if life without pain or strife and only consisting of positive experiences would be boring and robotic, turn us all into emotionless clones of one another and would essentially be meaningless, why is a Christian's ultimate goal be heaven, where there is no pain and strife and which only consists of positive experiences?

What can my God do? Strike you with lightning if you don't obey, help you win the lottery, spontaneously cure cancer in the faithful, enable all woodland animals to speak for exactly one hour beginning at midnight on Election Day Eve and reward good behavior by elevating you to the cosmos when you die and turning you into an eternal star that never burns out. Prove she can't and that this never happens but while you're attempting this proof, keep in mind that absence of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence. Let me know what you come up with.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:39 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
One Bibliolatry's evidence is equal to the other forms of Art worship's evidence. "miracles" "personal experience" "prophecies" "good produce" "good guidance" etc etc.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Scientific evidence is evidence which serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and interpretation in accordance with scientific method. Standards for scientific evidence vary according to the field of inquiry, but the strength of scientific evidence is generally based on the results of statistical analysis and the strength of scientific controls.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evidence
Empirical evidence, also known as sense experience, is a collective term for the knowledge or source of knowledge acquired by means of the senses, particularly by observation and experimentation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empirical_evidence

hence, such evidence can not be argued as it is factual.
On the other hand, "evidence" that is accepted by A, or a and B, but is not falling into the above described, and then is rejected by Z, is not evidence. It's likely to be qualified as conviction or faith.
Of course then, using AA's terminology and logic, A and B get it, and Z does not get it, hence Z needs to be burnt at stake. Using Z's logic, Z gets it, and A and B have to be burnt at stake.

Unfortunately, OP, what you refer to is your personal set of convictions based on someone else's set of convictions or, simply set of lies, produced for mass digestion by minds that do not have independent thinking and prefer to have it fed to them by others.
As it is very easy to request an evidence proof from you to what you say - and you will not be able to deliver. Then requestor will be placed into category of those that "do not get it" and be burnt at stake.
Of course, there was a smart prophet once.. Who promised a bunch of stuff his god and faith could do.... Then backed against inability to deliver, he wiggled out of it and that logical contortion actually even made him more famous.... What was that about Mahomet and mountain? Say, you can always say that "god made light fall onto you" and actually truly believe this happened. Except that is will be nothing more than your words for the rest of the world as proof.
And this, sorry, does not count as evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality