Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 11:56 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Pretty much. None does. Used to read about all the OTHER gods, religions and religious beliefs I was supposed to debunk when I was a Christian. They did nothing for me then now now. There in no objective evidence that convinces and that "faith" thing seems more like a cop out. Perhaps there is some "higher power." It could be the universe's energy or a plant in the middle of the Amazon or even a block of ice on Ceres. It has not told me anything, instructed me on anything or asked me to worship it. Someone telling me they know it better than i could and telling me I need to believe in it this way or that is more repulsive than inviting.
Understood. Thanks for clarifying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 12:19 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No problem.It happens a lot here. Even I, the ME, get confused.
This is the conclusion that is NOT warranted from the many absurd and ridiculous beliefs ABOUT God, sans. Human beliefs ABOUT God have no bearing on the existence of God which is self-evident in the reality that is responsible for our very existence. At the very least, that reality is our God.
Not true about the crucifixion being Divinely-engineered, Arq. That was ALL human ignorance, barbarity and brutality in defense of barbaric beliefs about God. Christ's response to it was the ultimate demonstration of God's TRUE NATURE because Jesus was the embodiment of God's Spirit of agape love. It unambiguously revealed the "love even your enemies" part of Christ's Gospel. If there was ever any doubt that His Sermon on the Mount was a true representation of His teachings, His response to the crucifixion should have removed all doubt. Regrettably, the barbaric "blood sacrifice to appease God" meme that dominated relationships with God corrupted His demonstration and turned it into the ultimate blood sacrifice to appease God. It is a travesty of human perversity.
I see. You evidently haven't read (or remembered) any of my posts about "Q" document or the Crucifixion story. Still, thanks for clarifying all that.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:24 PM

689 posts, read 549,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The people that wrote the Bible and were trying to get people to believe when there was no evidence said that.
That goes back to your nonsense of "evidence". Show us how many humans get to the truth that black holes exist with evidence.

Humans in majority rely almost exclusively on putting faith to a small group of humans they believe to be in direct contact with the truth itself to get to truth.

You can't even provide the evidence of your own existence on the 365 days in 2015. Or show us the evidence about what you did and said on, arbitrarily, Feb 24, 2015.

Last edited by Hawkins; 06-21-2016 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM

689 posts, read 549,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
And you seem to be confused with evidence vs faith. Believing something because it has evidence is not the same as believing something that does NOT have evidence.
How many humans have the evidence of the existence of black holes?

Show us.

Apparently, you don't know what you yourself are talking about. Do yourself a reality check, as in this very reality humans in majority will choose to believe with faith in approaching a truth.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:37 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
No problem.It happens a lot here. Even I, the ME, get confused.
This is the conclusion that is NOT warranted from the many absurd and ridiculous beliefs ABOUT God, sans. Human beliefs ABOUT God have no bearing on the existence of God which is self-evident in the reality that is responsible for our very existence. At the very least, that reality is our God.
Not true about the crucifixion being Divinely-engineered, Arq. That was ALL human ignorance, barbarity and brutality in defense of barbaric beliefs about God. Christ's response to it was the ultimate demonstration of God's TRUE NATURE because Jesus was the embodiment of God's Spirit of agape love. It unambiguously revealed the "love even your enemies" part of Christ's Gospel. If there was ever any doubt that His Sermon on the Mount was a true representation of His teachings, His response to the crucifixion should have removed all doubt. Regrettably, the barbaric "blood sacrifice to appease God" meme that dominated relationships with God corrupted His demonstration and turned it into the ultimate blood sacrifice to appease God. It is a travesty of human perversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I see. You evidently haven't read (or remembered) any of my posts about "Q" document or the Crucifixion story. Still, thanks for clarifying all that.
I did read and I remembered (but it isn't improbable that I might not have). Your bible scholarship is impressive, Arq, always has been. Letting it determine the feasibility of the existence of God is where you are misled, IMO.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:56 PM

20,010 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
It's never a surprise for God not to contact (in the past) someone openly admitted (right now) that he has little faith.

It is the saying that "all are invited but only a few are chosen".
You are perverting the teaching of First Church of the Frigidaire, where many are cold, but few are frozen.

Seriously though, listen to yourself. You're actually callously suggesting that people who "lack" religious faith deserve to be eternally discarded as worthless. Quite a belief-system you have there, that you can do that with a straight face and no shame -- or even, really, regret.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I did read and I remembered (but it isn't improbable that I might not have). Your bible scholarship is impressive, Arq, always has been. Letting it determine the feasibility of the existence of God is where you are misled, IMO.
It evidently misled you, old chum. It only leads me to doubt that followers of Jesus wrote the gospels, that it records anything of what he said and discounts a lot of what he supposedly did, and pretty much debunks (if I am not far out) the Christian Jesus, but supports an historical (Jewish) Jesus. It only reflects on Biblegod in a circumstantial way, and on your Cosmic Mind - god, has nothing to say at all. I'm surprised that you think it has.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:01 PM

20,010 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:

Show us.

Apparently, you don't know what you yourself are talking about. Do yourself a reality check, as in this very reality humans in majority will choose to believe with faith in approaching a truth.
Repeating the same claims don't make them true.

Repeatedly conflating trust with religious faith doesn't make them equivalent (or even nearly the same).

Rational humans do not approach a truth with religious faith, but by evaluating available evidence and logical argument to determine probabilities. That evaluation can involve trust where appropriate, but is not limited to it. But as I said, it doesn't matter if it were based entirely on trust ... that doesn't get you to the equivalency with religious faith that you're gunning for.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:

Show us.

Someone explain to this poster the established validity of scientific data, upon which we all rely every day, including himself.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:26 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Understood. Thanks for clarifying.
Oh, you're quite welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality