Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 09:33 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,271,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It's highly amusing that you slap the silly 'blue pill' label on those who base their conclusions on empirical evidence and logic... and not on the crowd that makes a virtue out of coming to conclusions based on nothing but faith.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

You clearly don't even understand the metaphor you're peddling.
Spot on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 12:22 AM

15,887 posts, read 6,352,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It's highly amusing that you slap the silly 'blue pill' label on those who base their conclusions on empirical evidence and logic... and not on the crowd that makes a virtue out of coming to conclusions based on nothing but faith.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

You clearly don't even understand the metaphor you're peddling.
You can't escape the Matrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVlOAocn8E

Old 06-27-2017, 02:26 AM

11,052 posts, read 6,007,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
You just gotta let atheists be atheists. It's not worth your time to argue with them because everything they believe is either tangible or has a human explanation/theory. Let them take the blue pill...
Atheists don't 'believe'.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:02 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,771,723 times
Indeed. The old lies, the old refusal to listen. The eternal efforts to try to debunk verified evidence as "Opinion" or "Faith" and tout Falth -claims as reliably true.

It's interesting that it isn't even about the claims of Christianity, or even some kind of sortagod-creator, but just some kind of invisible magical world where everything you want to believe is true, simply because you believe it.

Now, THAT Pill is a lie.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:12 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
i would add some atheists.

atheism have sects these days. We range from millimentalist-think to cosmic mind. One sect calling another sect "not real atheists" sums the lie up nicely. We also have in our ranks those that think their personal emotional need is based on clarity logic and reason when its really just based on themselves. just like some theists.

we could apply the scientific method, but why in nogods name would we let observations counter our opinionated personal world view.

I didn't take either pill. Those machines, so advanced, couldn't even clear/create a simple atmosphere. I never got over that. In some ways I wish I did. the funda-milli-mentalist-think seems so much easier, the land of make believe what i want.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Atheists don't 'believe'.
There is a difference between "not believing" and 'denial'. Some atheists are in denial. just like ...

Old 06-27-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
There is a difference between "not believing" and 'denial'. Some atheists are in denial. just like ...
No. You are in denial. You have been corrected about what "New" atheists think, you have been shown how your own posts betray your politically based dislike of "liberals' had led to your polemics against atheist activists. You have been shown how you twist and interpret everything to fit you own views and project your own failings in reasoning on us. And you deny and don't listen, and you don't listen and deny.

That is what I call "Denial".

I won't even address the chophra-like efforts to ry to wangle a theism that you can convince yourself is true.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
How would you know? How many times have you achieved Lucid Dreaming? How many times have you achieved deep states of meditation that lead to you to higher states of consciousness and self awareness or helped you to heal a subconscious wound that you did not even realize was there or helped you to find answers to things you are contemplating?
No it's not the same. Holy Spirit implies a god.
I happy you healed your wound. I knew there was one since day one. I am happy its out in the open now. remember when I was pressing you about telling us your true side, you verbally attacked me? Out in the real, we don't move on until each claim you make is addressed in detail. Drawing, problems, flowcharts and algorithms. A major component of that is the scar. forums, you people get to "hit submit" to make it real. I am left to clean up the mess out in the real.

crumple up a piece of paper. Try and flatten it out; write, draw, or whatever on it. that's what we are. me too. crumple before, during, or after the doodlings and see what one matches you. then tear it.

"lucid dreaming", you mean actively remove brain controls so that I dream while 1/2 awake? Have some fun flying around and what not? That's good stuff. On many levels it works. Just keep it where it belongs. self help. just like other people's self help.

Its the helping that we need to key in on. you said it yourself and I totally agree with you.

Deep meditation, the place between thoughts? the whole of the system lights up? really girl? come on now.

to you "oness in the holy spirit" implies god. To me it doesn't imply anything but the connections to the system around us and how we feel about it. awe, love, hate, and the rest. its all there. describe the system first then get back to me. trans avoids it. Mordofarant friggen ran away like a child, People locked in literal religion only see their view and not their view.

I don't do implications, I do how it works. Oneness in the holy spirit just means feeling the connection to life around you. those connections are real. You have felt them. I know they are there on and engineering level.

your afraid of people that use the word god. i could care less. I am afraid of people that do not know what they don't know. even worse, they think that what they know is all anybody needs to know. they know whats good for public consumption. look at the mess we are in because of that thinkingerin.

Your labeling yours truer and theirs falser. I labeled some parts of yours as good and some parts of theirs good. I would actually lean towards your religious views myself. The god part is not real, we are working on that. we have bad people in both ranks.

what ever happened to that guy noisie? I haven't seen him lately.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No. You are in denial. You have been corrected about what "New" atheists think, you have been shown how your own posts betray your politically based dislike of "liberals' had led to your polemics against atheist activists. You have been shown how you twist and interpret everything to fit you own views and project your own failings in reasoning on us. And you deny and don't listen, and you don't listen and deny.

That is what I call "Denial".

I won't even address the chophra-like efforts to ry to wangle a theism that you can convince yourself is true.
nope. your the one avoids and runs away. Your 'sortagod" and 'not a real atheist" claim expose you. Now the "chophra" (whatever that is) like interpretations. thats awesome.

your refusal to describe the system we are in was the final nail in that millimentalist-think literal coffin of yours. now you're adding more chophra like nails. You're like a special coffin sealer nail gun.

All you do is take what I say to you, flip it, twist it, and toss it back at me. I am kind of flattered to tell ya truth.

your sect of atheism can't see it.
you're on the inside looking out.
funda/milla-mentalist-think-brain state.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:14 AM

Blatant and transparent projection, reversal, lies and denial. I already explained "Sortagod and it is well known I have been using the term for years-before you even arrived. Apart from fingers-in-the -ears denial, it is quite amusing that you cling to the egotistical belief that the term was invented just to bash you with. It hardly even applies to you.

And 'Not a real atheist" - That does apply to you -alone. It's just you and how you are considering ways in which the cosmos could be a conscious entity. Don't blame me. And don' make yourself look even more absurdly bogoted by making it a basic of my thinking, never mind 'New" atheist in general.

And on a more useful point- I propose (finally...I've been after this for months ) Splonder's Law. "The first sortagod-theist to mention "the Marix" has run out of any decent arguments".

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-27-2017 at 05:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality