Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 02:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
have you ever seen a lion tiger hybrid, they actually do grow to like 900 pounds. go to wikipedia or anywhere. they grow OVER 900 pounds sometimes. LOOK IT UP!!!
I did. You're correct, although 700 pounds is more common.

But I'll stick with infertile over impotent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 03:27 PM

277 posts, read 192,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
On one hand, you believe in the book of Enoch.

And in the OP you are talking about a confusing nature of sentient beings from the Islamic point of view?
From a Christian perspective the Islamic belief that angels cant sin is confusing. Given that Satan is an Angelic being in Christianity. Neither Jews or Christians believe in Jinn. Too add to the confusion, In Judaism, Satan is still a servant of God.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,346 times
Quote:
From a Christian perspective the Islamic belief that angels cant sin is confusing. Given that Satan is an Angelic being in Christianity. Neither Jews or Christians believe in Jinn. Too add to the confusion, In Judaism, Satan is still a servant of God.
It may be confusing to you so you have decided to stick with your faith - now move on and try to live your life as per desired by your faith.

For me, it's not consisting. It's different!

If Christians and Jews believe that Angels can sin, they perform sex, they eat food and Satan is an angel, then so be it. It's different from my believe and that's the end of it.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:33 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,764 times
Quote:
Both Judaism and Christianity teach that their may be many other Gods out there in the universe.
Although I'm a heathen atheist who's too irreligious for even the Unitarians, I have more than a passing interest in comparative religious study, and I have to admit, this is the FIRST time I have ever heard of such a thing. I'd love to see a link to some source somewhere about this.

I guess I never contemplated the possibility of monotheism being limited to one solar system, or galaxy.

OTOH, I do think that this weekend proved that Jose Altuve is God. Or maybe the Astros are polytheistic, and Dallas Keuchel and Justin Verlander are Gods as well. Go 'stros!

Old 10-15-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Although I'm a heathen atheist who's too irreligious for even the Unitarians, I have more than a passing interest in comparative religious study, and I have to admit, this is the FIRST time I have ever heard of such a thing. I'd love to see a link to some source somewhere about this.

I guess I never contemplated the possibility of monotheism being limited to one solar system, or galaxy.

OTOH, I do think that this weekend proved that Jose Altuve is God. Or maybe the Astros are polytheistic, and Dallas Keuchel and Justin Verlander are Gods as well. Go 'stros!
For some, a cow or a monkey or an elephant is a God.
For others a statue with 10 arms and 15 legs is a God.
Some consider fire to be God, others may believe the sun or the moon to be God.
And as you stated, some even consider fellow humans to be God.
Matter of fact, in Nepal, there is actually a human being that is worshiped as God.

So what and who exactly is God?

It all depends on the definition of "God" one is ready to accept and believe in. All followers of every faith consider their God to be the only true God.

So we shall wait and we shall see.

In my faith, for something to qualify to be a God,

It has to be ONE. It should not beget and it must not be born.
It must be eternal with no start and no end. And there should be nothing equivalent to him.

For starters, if something or someone that is supposedly believed to be a God but does not meet this very basic criteria, is not a God to me.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:39 PM

277 posts, read 192,022 times
Quote:
Matter of fact, in Nepal, there is actually a human being that is worshiped as God.

It all depends on the definition of "God" one is ready to accept and believe in. All followers of every faith consider their God to be the only true God.

It must be eternal with no start and no end. And there should be nothing equivalent to him.

For starters, if something or someone that is supposedly believed to be a God but does not meet this very basic criteria, is not a God to me.
You seem to have a negative tone, so it's hard for me to take you serious. Judaism and Christianity are not about angels having sex with earth women and fighting God. Jews don't believe in Jinn. In fact, Southern Arabs used to believe in things called Jinn before Islam.

Yes, Ethiopian Orthodox Christians which number at least 45-50 million people do Happen to have a 2,300 year old book that says angels did just that. Catholics which number 1.3 billion are the second largest religious organization behind Sunni Islam with 1.5 billion followers. Catholics are not required to believe in the Ethiopian Bible. But, Catholics are required by papal decree to believe that the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is a valid church. We mutually recognize each other as equal Christian. So, in a way, we have the same teachings on the bible overall.

I happen to believe Angels don't have free-will and were forced by God to sin. The Book of Enoch teaches that man can become an angel. Enoch is now an Angel and relinquished his free-will. Enoch was asked by God if he wanted to become an angel and he said "yes" and he did.

If God hates you, he can force you to become and angel or a pig. A human without free-will ceases to be a man.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:18 AM

Quote:
You seem to have a negative tone, so it's hard for me to take you serious.
lol hahaaa
I have a negative tone?? And you are the one starting OPs by critizing someone's faith? Kinda ironic, isn't it?
Is that what your catholic faith teaches you?

Probably not. So you are perhaps going against your own Faith's teachings.

Quote:
Judaism and Christianity are not about angels having sex with earth women and fighting God. Jews don't believe in Jinn. In fact, Southern Arabs used to believe in things called Jinn before Islam.
If Jews and Christians don't believe in Jinns while Muskims and Southern Arabs of pre-Islamic era do, then so be it. What's the problem? Does it increase the cost of your health insurance policy?

Or do you wanted everyone to follow what you believe? Or perhaps you are trying to prove that not believing in Jinns is a better choice?

And while you act as a representative of Jewish faith, perhaps you can ask yourself that of Jesus was a Jew, Jesus's mother was also a Jew, and so were all his decipliles,,,,, then why are you a Christian?

Quote:
Yes, Ethiopian Orthodox Christians which number at least 45-50 million people do Happen to have a 2,300 year old book that says angels did just that. Catholics which number 1.3 billion are the second largest religious organization behind Sunni Islam with 1.5 billion followers. Catholics are not required to believe in the Ethiopian Bible. But, Catholics are required by papal decree to believe that the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is a valid church. We mutually recognize each other as equal Christian. So, in a way, we have the same teachings on the bible overall.
And?
I mean, good for you.

Quote:
I happen to believe Angels don't have free-will and were forced by God to sin. The Book of Enoch teaches that man can become an angel. Enoch is now an Angel and relinquished his free-will. Enoch was asked by God if he wanted to become an angel and he said "yes" and he did.
Well, did someone ask you to reconsider what you believe? No? So stick with your belief. Add book of Enoch into your daily reading schedule if it provides you with spiritual elevation and strengthens your Catholic faith.

Quote:
If God hates you, he can force you to become and angel or a pig. A human without free-will ceases to be a man.
Why would God hate you?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:18 AM

3,640 posts, read 49,631 times
Quote:
According too the book of Enoch 200 or so Angels decided to come from heaven to have sex with human females in order to create armies of giants to destroy the armies of Arch Angel Michael. Semyaza wanted to overthrow Michael.

Quote:
On one hand, you believe in the book of Enoch.

And in the OP you are talking about a confusing nature of sentient beings from the Islamic point of view?
The confusing nature of belief of AlwaysByChance is not about Islamic point of view but about Christianity point of view. On one hand angels can have sex with human females but, on the other hand, when humans become like angels in heaven they will not marry or have sex.

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Mark 12:25
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

So angels do not marry or have sex whether in heaven or on earth. They do not have earthly bodies, they do not have any semen (earthly) in them and they can't make a woman pregnant if they have no sperms to deliver. Had they been able to do all that on earth, there would have been no need for earthly humans to be created to live on earth.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,370,673 times
Okay, so apparently this is about how Judaism differs in their conception of mainly spiritual beings from Islam. This is a given. Let me let you in on a big secret.

Islam is not from the Judeo Christian tradition. Besides maybe having some bloodline in common (there is some speculation that they may have been either related to Edom (Esau) or to Ishmael) they clearly did not keep the tradition alive. Islam actually came from one of the neighboring pagan religions, which had a ton of nearby religions. Muhammad was a camel salesman or somethoing, he traveled around alot, and rather soick of the job decided upon Islam as a sort of get rich quick scheme. It was a con job. They co-opted some of the secondhand knowledge of Judaism, claiming ancestry from them without any sense of the stories about Abraham and Isaac or Moses. That is, they had Moses doing weird things somehow at the same time he should have been leading the Israelites out of Egypt. Muhammad was a monotheist, but not in the Chistian or Jewish tradition. It was largely for show, as he was frpom a culture of polytheists. He doidn't care even about religion exvept as it served him. Muslim religion was based on the Saudi pantheon of gods, one of which included a freminized moon god with a name similar to Allah. The djinn were cultural noise and one of the few things he legitimately believed in which he wasn't trying to sell.

As a result of this con job, millions of people that should be alive now are dead. Possibly billions. But but Christianity has killed just as many people in wars, or the Crusades, or the Imnquisition? No. The Crusades were 92 years defensive war to drive out the Muslims. They mostly failed, but the Muslims use this as propaganda against any action against Islam. Meanwhile, Islam has been on a 1400 year world invasion plan.

The point is, this is why Islam's definition of spiritual beings differs. The angels and djinn are different creatures, from a different culture. To tell the truth, I prefer that area before Islam. They hard really cool looking supernatural creatures, these strange birds and stuff. They had music and interesting clothing and dance. Islam forbade most of that, because it interfered with his sales pitch.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,764 times
Quote:

You’re just mad because Houston’s in the playoffs and St. Louis isn’t. But cheer up, the Cubs are getting their ****s handed to them. Who says there’s no karma?

On that note, I’ll let y’all go back to whatever it was you were talking about. Didn’t it involve aliens or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality