Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 09:40 AM

50,109 posts, read 20,866,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
They must look at something that shows their bible to be wrong and think ...

'How can we overcome this problem? Ah! I know! I'll just say that the words that are printed on the page don't actually mean what they say... but something completely different. When I'm called on it I'll simply say that one has to be in possession of a secret 'code' to understand the words, a code that will only be given to you if you accept that the words in the bible mean something completely different. to what they say.'
That's it precisely, old Splurge (I have to call you that for Tzaph's benefit )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 10:39 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,901,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That's it precisely, old Splurge (I have to call you that for Tzaph's benefit )
That's quite alright my dear old scroat.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:47 AM

23,287 posts, read 10,587,883 times
Y'all know I am just messing with you right?

Old 08-15-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
That's quite alright my dear old scroat.
That's Scroats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Y'all know I am just messing with you right?
Get away That's the longest -winded wind -up I have ever seen in my entire posting life.

Whaddya think Raffa? Do you buy it that it was just kidding us?

Old 08-15-2018, 01:06 PM

1,402 posts, read 481,008 times
Quote:
That's Scroats!
Well, if you're going to get picky, I always thought it was spelled "scrote."

Or maybe that's just yet another difference between American and Queen's English?

[ETA: Actually, a quick search suggests that this *IS* a matter of British vs. U.S. spelling. I am learning so much from you guys!]

Last edited by HeelaMonster; 08-15-2018 at 01:14 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
That's Scroats!

Get away That's the longest -winded wind -up I have ever seen in my entire posting life.

Well, I can afford a contradiction, I mean, it still aint one to me, but I can see you guys point. But there are a lot of prophesies like that where half were fulfilled waiting on the other half to be fulfilled. A whole bunch of them that an Atheist could come up with.

Like that missing week in Daniel, or the second floods to come in Joel, lots of half filled prophesies.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Nah mate. He's just backed down after having his arse handed to him on a plate. Ain't that right Hannibal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post

Or maybe that's just yet another difference between American and Queen's English?

[ETA: Actually, a quick search suggests that this *IS* a matter of British vs. U.S. spelling. I am learning so much from you guys!]
Learn some more. There is no such thing as American English. There is English and there are mistakes.

Quote:
Well, I can afford a contradiction, I mean, it still aint one to me, but I can see you guys point. But there are a lot of prophesies like that where half were fulfilled waiting on the other half to be fulfilled. A whole bunch of them that an Atheist could come up with.
No 'prophecies' have been fulfilled.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post

It is 'scrote' . I was just messing about, as i'm sure Raffs knows..
Quote:

Like that missing week in Daniel, or the second floods to come in Joel, lots of half filled prophesies.
Yes, I have to agree with Raffa. Bible prophecy is not to be regarded as divine predictions or promises that were fulfilled. Many are wrong, (Babylon, Tyre and Raff's 'Egypt desolate'. Daniel is history cast as prophecy until their own time (Maccabean revolt) when it goes wrong, and end with a sort of 'rapture' prediction. The Jesus predictions are additions to the Jesus story to fit OT passages (e.g Massacre of innnocents), or interpreting or adapting OT passages to fit the Jesus story (e. g death of Judas).

The 'prediction of the state of Israel' is one that was deliberately fulfilled by people with that in mind, and I think that Jesus' donkey ride really did happen and was also a deliberate attempt to fulfil a prophecy. The only one that Jesus really did try to fulfil.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:

Yes, I have to agree with Raffa. Bible prophecy is not to be regarded as divine predictions or promises that were fulfilled. Many are wrong, (Babylon, Tyre and Raff's 'Egypt desolate'. Daniel is history cast as prophecy until their own time (Maccabean revolt) when it goes wrong, and end with a sort of 'rapture' prediction. The Jesus predictions are additions to the Jesus story to fit OT passages (e.g Massacre of innnocents), or interpreting or adapting OT passages to fit the Jesus story (e. g death of Judas).

The 'prediction of the state of Israel' is one that was deliberately fulfilled by people with that in mind, and I think that Jesus' donkey ride really did happen and was also a deliberate attempt to fulfil a prophecy. The only one that Jesus really did try to fulfil.
You are reading the Bible as if everything has been fulfilled when it hasn't.

Israel has been gathered just as it was planned, we claim Jesus came for the spring holy days, but all the fall Holy days are yet to be fulfilled, and this encompasses very many prophesies in the old Testament where we see the future of the fall Holy days being fulfilled.

The old Testament is not a history book, it is history and future, one cannot say that everything has come to pass because it hasn't, but it is appointed to all be fulfilled in the second coming appointed for the fall Holy days, and we can show ALL the prophets speaking of the fulfillments of the fall Holy days, the oil and wine harvest.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
No old horse. It is 'scrot'...short for scrot*m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality