Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I pass no judgements about sex. As long as it is between consenting adults, without harm.
What is written in religious books about sex is the opinion of the writer...and subjective.

Sex is also undertaken as a vocational endeavor...even by those in relationships. As a "product" so to speak, in the form of a service...or as a performance.
So...there can be commercial reasons to engage in sex...where there is no other motivation than financial. They may or may not "enjoy it"...like any other work one could do.
Ah, yes. I hadn't considered "the oldest profession" as "purpose" or reason in itself. Paul does speak about the customers of such workers, but not necessarily the workers themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 09:01 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Ah, yes. I hadn't considered "the oldest profession" as "purpose" or reason in itself. Paul does speak about the customers of such workers, but not necessarily the workers themselves.
Carnal sex for pleasure is entirely driven by lust and our pleasure-seeking animal nature and NOT any desire to procreate. The pleasure-seeking is collateral but tends to dominate under lust. It has nothing to do with God or love. Love and spirituality are brought into it only by our desire for a special intimacy with another Soul. It is our state of mind and mutual concern that we bring to it that has anything to do with God and love.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:32 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
I pass no judgements about sex. As long as it is between consenting adults, without harm.
Yes that’s good but then what’s a “consenting adult”? Age limit?

In Japan it’s 13 years and in Philippines, it’s 12 years. So a 50 years old man can have sex with a 12 or 13 years old, and that’s legal.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:07 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Yes that’s good but then what’s a “consenting adult”? Age limit?

In Japan it’s 13 years and in Philippines, it’s 12 years. So a 50 years old man can have sex with a 12 or 13 years old, and that’s legal.
That is true...it is legal. In the Middle East men in their 50s marry girls in their very early teens. And, it would figure, are having sex with them.
In the U.S., that guy would be considered a horrible criminal and busted as a pedophile rapist...there, everyone celebrates.
That is why I say the "The Law" doesn't count for squat as to what is Right or Wrong, or, Good or Bad.
The Law, and morality in general are subjective and based upon the personal opinion of those drafting laws or expressing a moral code.
Sex is typically the first thing most think of when they assess "morals".

Old 09-18-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
That is true...it is legal. In the Middle East men in their 50s marry girls in their very early teens. And, it would figure, are having sex with them.
In the U.S., that guy would be considered a horrible criminal and busted as a pedophile rapist...there, everyone celebrates.
That is why I say the "The Law" doesn't count for squat as to what is Right or Wrong, or, Good or Bad.
The Law, and morality in general are subjective and based upon the personal opinion of those drafting laws or expressing a moral code.
Sex is typically the first thing most think of when they assess "morals".
And the point is still that there is a good basis for the consideration of "informed consent," what is needed is to recognize when it applies.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Carnal sex for pleasure is entirely driven by lust and our pleasure-seeking animal nature and NOT any desire to procreate. The pleasure-seeking is collateral but tends to dominate under lust. It has nothing to do with God or love. Love and spirituality are brought into it only by our desire for a special intimacy with another Soul. It is our state of mind and mutual concern that we bring to it that has anything to do with God and love.
And yet that desire is present apart from that "connection" to another human. How is it wrong when such a connection is not available?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Does an Invisible Sky Monster really watch you have sex and/or care how you do it?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
This is religious post how?
My guess is that the OP saw there hadn't been a thread on homosexuality started recently, and figured the forum was needing one. That's what this will eventually turn into.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Does an Invisible Sky Monster really watch you have sex and/or care how you do it?
I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you never fail to amaze me at the level of crass, obnoxious, bigoted remarks. I'm done.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:35 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality