Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You don't believe the Tabernacle design is in human anatomy?

It was always the design to show humans as a Temple, you have to take a closer look.

If somebody claims to be the temlple of God and yet they don't know the temple design or the comings and goings of the temple, they can't ever know what they are, what they themselves claim to be, a body and bride of Christ, the temple that houses the spirit in a marriage of flesh and spirit.
Oh is that why temples spit out bovine excrement? What have they been eating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 08:35 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Born again Christianity is the mystical version of Christianity. Most religions have their ordinary conventional version, and also a mystical version. Mysticism is for those who are serious about religion.

Unfortunately, American Born Agains are also dogmatic and have a childish faith in the literal truth of the bible.
That's pretty good. I can relate to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Thanks for the various replies.

So what is someone who is a Christian but not yet a “born again Christian”?
Not saved. Just listening to those who are.

Quote:
I mean, to go to heaven a Christian person must be a born again Christian or it’s not a condition to go to heaven, in Christian theology?
In Christian theology (or the various adaptations of it) apart from Calvinism, where the saved are already saved from Birth and the rest aren't, no matter what they do, there are No guarantees. Even without every sect secretly thinking that even the Born Again in the wrong sect are going to hell.

"Hi 'sponder. how's the weather?"

"Hi,Mystic, how's the Third Degrees?"

"You get used to it. You have to admit that you were wrong."

"So were you. And much good may it do you. Haven't run into BF I suppose?"

"Creflo told me he's hanging over the balcony rail up there yelling: 'Told you so!'"

"Smug Bastard. Come and join me and Raffa for a beer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Thanks for your sweet and chonty comments. LOL
I'm going to have to look 'chonty' up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Huh? What the? You might be better off hitching a ride on the next comet that passes by (wink).
Weird ain't it? I'm never sure he isn't putting us on.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:40 PM

23,149 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Oh is that why temples spit out bovine excrement? What have they been eating?
Everyone has to believe in something, and everyone should have faith and faith is not always about God, but about one'self, and everyone should seek their own faith or hope in order to bring a happiness to their life, and do you want to know what happiness is?

It's karma, happiness is realizing purpose, and to find purpose everyday in one's life is a hell of a thing, to enrich somebody else's life is purpose, having faith even if you don't believe in God, that there is at least Karma, and anyone who sets out to have purpose in doing good works for others has found surpeme happiness, porpoises, get one and ride one today.

Have faith in the universal code of Karma even if you don't believe in karma, to serve others enriches one's self.

Believe in yourself, you are the temple.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:16 AM

I find it so very much more satisfying to follow the evidence, using reason, than to lead the evidence using Faith. You can believe whatever you like, but you are never going to sell any of that to me, on present showing.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I think you need to read it in the first place and not try to find a context that isn't there. Jesus was telling him that for a person to enter the kingdom he must be born from above.
No, he said in order to be able to “see” the “reign”, not enter...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, 'Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;'

In other words, recognize...

Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, he said in order to be able to “see” the “reign”, not enter...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, 'Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;'

In other words, recognize...
I will concede tha this verse talks about recognizing and entering doesn't come until the thought is expanded in verse 5, but the point is that Jesus was not commending Nicodemus. Just recognizing that Jesus is from God is of no value if the message is not understood and incorporated.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:36 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
I will concede tha this verse talks about recognizing and entering doesn't come until the thought is expanded in verse 5, but the point is that Jesus was not commending Nicodemus. Just recognizing that Jesus is from God is of no value if the message is not understood and incorporated.
Before he had said that, what was it that nicodemus had said?...He didn’t ask a question, he made a statement...

Old 10-17-2018, 05:42 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I find it so very much more satisfying to follow the evidence, using reason, than to lead the evidence using Faith. You can believe whatever you like, but you are never going to sell any of that to me, on present showing.
The evidence for religion is our own experiences, and the experiences of others. Yes, it's anecdotal, but religion is not the kind of thing you study with scientific experiments.

Atheists think that all the religious experiences people have are hallucinations and delusions. You can't lose with that kind of argument! You trust in your faith that religious experiences aren't real.

Religion has been practically universal in all human societies. You atheists can always say that's because our brains are wired for religion. But WHY would our brains be wired to give us certain kinds of hallucinations and delusions???

Atheists never tire of finding ways to discredit mystical experiences. But there is NOTHING scientific about it! You just make up stories about how people are idiots for having mystical perceptions.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:34 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
I think you need to read it in the first place and not try to find a context that isn't there. Jesus was telling him that for a person to enter the kingdom he must be born from above.
The "born" means begotten (conceived) when talking about a male (God the Father), NOT a birth.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The evidence for religion is our own experiences, and the experiences of others. Yes, it's anecdotal, but religion is not the kind of thing you study with scientific experiments.

Atheists think that all the religious experiences people have are hallucinations and delusions. You can't lose with that kind of argument! You trust in your faith that religious experiences aren't real.

Religion has been practically universal in all human societies. You atheists can always say that's because our brains are wired for religion. But WHY would our brains be wired to give us certain kinds of hallucinations and delusions???

Atheists never tire of finding ways to discredit mystical experiences. But there is NOTHING scientific about it! You just make up stories about how people are idiots for having mystical perceptions.
Religion is just the sort of thing that science can explain, because it is is about evolved instinct, about society, our place in it, authority, control and manipulation, and as you say, explanations what we don't know.

At one time, all that "Spiritual" stuff was considered an area that science couldn't go and had no business to go. That's changed now. Science looks like the best way of understanding why we believe crazy stuff. Religion has no hope of telling us that, and is probably going to be in denial when it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality