Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 01:34 PM

23,169 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I have never been a fan of Hidden messages in the Bible. I mean, old fellow, when Jesus explains quite clearly the meaning of the parable, why on earth go looking for some more obscure meaning?

And I still think you are kidding I mean, since I am certainly not expecting you to become my disciple, why should you imagine that I would want to become yours?
Jesus was explaining to people who knew the barley harvest and the wheat harvest, and whatever was said was speaking of what is taking place inside of them, it is still very esoteric about harvests inside a person and those people knew all about the wheat harvest...... Besides this, anyone who does a serious study on that parable will find out that all 4 parables go together as one. There can be no doubt that those 4 parables are speaking of the 3 main harvests, and that these harvests happen from within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 01:47 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus was explaining to people who knew the barley harvest and the wheat harvest, and whatever was said was speaking of what is taking place inside of them, it is still very esoteric about harvests inside a person and those people knew all about the wheat harvest...... Besides this, anyone who does a serious study on that parable will find out that all 4 parables go together as one. There can be no doubt that those 4 parables are speaking of the 3 main harvests, and that these harvests happen from within.
Luke 8. 11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

The meaning of the parable is explained. Clearly. Why on earth would anyone suppose that it means anything else?

Old 10-19-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Luke 8. 11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

The meaning of the parable is explained. Clearly. Why on earth would anyone suppose that it means anything else?
Again, how will you speak of the wheat harvest without speaking of the wheat harvest?

I understand that the meaning is true, but I also understand that there are 3 ways to interpret everything Jesus says.

Do you know what happened at Pentecost after Jesus spoke of Pentecost? The wheat harvest IS Pentecost, and what happns in Penteocst is what happens in Pentecost, the wheat harvest.

People look at those tares and that wheat as the wicked and the righteous where at the end of the age, the tares are cast in the fire, but the tare is within a person, it isn't a separate entity.

The sower IS speaking of barley harvest called Passover, and whatever is said is still said in the knowledge of the person knowing the 3 feasts. The language of the feasts is found in everything Jesus says because everything said is about you and those 3 progressive feasts are of you.

Being that so few people know the language of those feasts, they don't see the feasts being displayed in very many things.

Jesus is speaking as a farmer where we are all appointed 3 feasts where we till and plant the seed, and we recieve the water for that seed in order for the seed to die because unless a seed dies, it cannot bearfruit.

You find Jesus speaking as a farmer, and there should be no doubt that he is speaking of our 3 feasts that are given for US to plant and to die and to be reborn again.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:31 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
what is your view of this parable?
Luke 8:5-8
“The farmer went out to sow his seed. As he sowed, some fell along the road, and it was trampled under foot, and the birds of the sky devoured it. Other seed fell on the rock, and as soon as it grew, it withered away, because it had no moisture. Other fell amid the thorns, and the thorns grew with it, and choked it. Other fell into the good ground, and grew, and produced one hundred times as much fruit.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”
I find verses 11-15 answers that the 'seed' is the word of God (Bible).
So, the ' soil ' is one's heart, or heart condition. - Luke 8:12
The seed on rocky soil, Jesus means the hearts of those people who receive the Word with joy but the Word does Not take deep root in their hearts.
They are stumbled by tribulation or persecution on account of the Word.
So, after a ' season ' of testing comes (by family and /or others ) they fall away - Luke 8:13; Matthew 13:21.
The seed among the thorns are people who hear the Word, however overcome by anxiety and riches, then the Word in their heart becomes choked and unfruitful.
The last type of soil is fine soil. This refers to those who hear the Word and accept it as the Word of God and get the sense of it.
So, they bear fruit with good results. Since all can't produce the same amount of ' fruit ' but after hearing the Word with a fine heart, they retain it and bear fruit with endurance - Matthew 24:13; Luke 8:15.
So, we were created to bear fruit, more fruit, and still more fruit. That is the secret of the Vine - John 15:1

Old 10-19-2018, 02:36 PM

I see no need for over complication. IF we take this as what Jesus said (I don't but this is at least in all three Synoptics, though not in John of course) he explains quite clearly what the parable means, and none of them hint at any hidden meaning. Of course thee is a parable, or metaphor, perhaps of the harvest. There's a lot to be done, and few to do it. It is still the same parable. Converting people. I am afraid that I must decline to become your particular disciple, even if I was persuaded to believe that Jesus said a word of this stuff.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I see no need for over complication. IF we take this as what Jesus said (I don't but this is at least in all three Synoptics, though not in John of course) he explains quite clearly what the parable means, and none of them hint at any hidden meaning. Of course thee is a parable, or metaphor, perhaps of the harvest. There's a lot to be done, and few to do it. It is still the same parable. Converting people. I am afraid that I must decline to become your particular disciple, even if I was persuaded to believe that Jesus said a word of this stuff.
Like you have a choice in the matter, I will choose who I will choose and the father wont let even one fall out of my hand, let's face it hand, your blessed already.. LOL, you know I like messing with you.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
I had to chuckle at the first part of the parable. I'm surrounded by thousands of trees growing out of bare rock. It's amazing the hostile places wherein life can take root - and even flourish.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Why doesn't someone take the sentences apart a bit...as in...what does seed stand for...
what does soil stand for...
what does a rock stand for...
what does a thorn stand for..
what does trampled on stand for...and so on.

That outta keep someone busy for awhile....

Old 10-19-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I had to chuckle at the first part of the parable. I'm surrounded by thousands of trees growing out of bare rock. It's amazing the hostile places wherein life can take root - and even flourish.
True. But the sense of the analogy is conveyed, nevertheless.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:21 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Yes, we are all very proud of your discovery. I can see Jesus right now stepping out of a cloud to shake your hand at this very moment.

But the next obvious question is (1) what exactly is the "word of God", and (2) what does it mean to "hear" the word of God. Answer that and you'll go from a B+ to an A.

For clues, you can refer to my posts on the Bible. I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Do you really not think that the Bible was 100% politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality