Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 11:10 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,805,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering if the trauma from the botched eye surgery has affected her mental health.
I'm sure it's made her so much more stressed. The bad eye surgery and the other eye forming a cataract too. I said she's gotta get out of Kaiser as they are not helping her, just keep brushing her off and says she's got to wait to Dec 7 for the time to change plans...then talks about money but sits on over a million dollar property.....I mention all this and it just doesn't register, then I've said how fearful to lose one's sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 11:14 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,805,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I don't know your friend of course, but it sounds like she could benefit from a cognitive assessment...perhaps you could gently suggest this to her family.
No, I won't get involved there, she says they are all wanting her money from the property she owns. She's done so much therapy over the years from the molestation issues.

I can do so much but she's so into the born again world and no way do I relate. Her siblings have a hard time accepting where she's gone.

Of course, I want her to keep her sight.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:26 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,020,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No, I won't get involved there, she says they are all wanting her money from the property she owns. She's done so much therapy over the years from the molestation issues.

I can do so much but she's so into the born again world and no way do I relate. Her siblings have a hard time accepting where she's gone.

Of course, I want her to keep her sight.
It's a tough situation...here's hoping the best.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,437,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm sure it's made her so much more stressed. The bad eye surgery and the other eye forming a cataract too. I said she's gotta get out of Kaiser as they are not helping her, just keep brushing her off and says she's got to wait to Dec 7 for the time to change plans...then talks about money but sits on over a million dollar property.....I mention all this and it just doesn't register, then I've said how fearful to lose one's sight.
Dec 7? We can make a phone call and change our Supplemental Ins. Co. for Medicare from Oct 15-Nov 7...one phone call does it. Could it be diff in diff states? I just changed from Kaiser, will take effect Jan 2019.
Her church can be notified...Born Agains can come over and pray the demons away...might give her peace of mind.
That is, if she is open to a phone call to make a date to come over.
(If she doesn't have a church...just call a Charismatic church...they will love hearing
she is born again and will help.)

Old 11-01-2018, 02:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
That's what religion does for you!

Old 11-01-2018, 02:55 AM

9,696 posts, read 10,045,032 times
Every bodies got some demons or other in the homes , and when people get sin they can get rid of they got fallen angels there too ..... Only way to get rid of these is to rebuke them in Jesus name or bind and loose them to the name of Jesus ...... Witches could do it but there are more demons around witches then the demons in the home

Old 11-01-2018, 02:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Every bodies got some demons or other in the homes , and when people get sin they can get rid of they got fallen angels there too ..... Only way to get rid of these is to rebuke them in Jesus name or bind and loose them to the name of Jesus ...... Witches could do it but there are more demons around witches then the demons in the home
Dear oh dear!! 2018! If people like hljc were in charge we'd still be burning old women with black cats at the stake in the market square on Saturday afternoons. The mind boggles!

Old 11-01-2018, 05:17 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,078,978 times
As an agnostic who denies all the false religions and superstitions of this plagued world, I think all that it means is that you guys are doing way too much to encourage each other's anxiety/stress and superstitious thinking. Sage might help some people relax but it isn't going to do anything about the imagination going wild.

Furthermore, it seems her counselors/psychologists for the childhood trauma have failed, likely they encouraged her growing religiosity and were Christian/religious themselves. I would encourage some more centered and rational discussions.

For one thing, going blind from sickness or age isn't the end of the world. Life might become more challenging in that way but sometimes it helps people to have more challenges.

The whole family issue is probably just being blown out of proportion by everyone involved as well. The family is likely concerned for the same reasons you are: leaving a property sitting there is a big gamble. And it is not like religious property which is given the special privilege of being tax-free, lowly normal worker property comes with accumulating costs and dangers.

The family would definitely understand that she should do what is best for herself too, but they might also be aware that she cares for her progeny, and so even for her own longer-term goals she is possibly jeopardizing them.

I'm sure the issues are complex, but everyone can take a step back, a deep breath, and come at the problems from a different, more focused, angle.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:33 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times
I would sit with her and keep her company. She is your friend and she makes her own decisions. She wants a witch doctor? Help her find one, preferably with a therapeutic background.

Her property and money should not be your concern, and you talking to her about them might make her suspicious.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:40 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,893,197 times
I agree with Miss Hepburn's suggestion about charismatic churches. They are good churches and the people there would be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality