Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times

Advertisements

And so it begins, folks.

Florida is one of seven states this year that passed (PASSED) laws requiring or permitting schools and other public buildings to post "In God We Trust." Arkansas passed a similar measure in 2017, and Arizona this year allowed schools to post in English the state's motto, which appears in Latin on the state seal: "God Enriches."

These laws have emerged as some religious advocates press to expand references to God and the Bible in public schools and other public venues. Advocates for these measures were heartened by President Trump's picks for the U.S. Supreme Court, both of whom have sided with religious interests.

Some states and lawmakers have gone further, fighting to allow or require the Ten Commandments in public schools and public places. Voters in Alabama this month overwhelmingly passed a ballot initiative that permits the Ten Commandments to be posted on government-funded property. Backers hope it spurs litigation, hopeful that the U.S. Supreme Court and its conservative majority would rule in their favor.

This was taken from an article in the Washington Post this morning. Sorry, I cannot provide a link.

First of all, I do not want to hear one <<darn>> word from the theocratic fascists on this board about how the word "God" is generic and could mean anyone's god.

Because we're talking about references from the Bible and the <<bleep>> 10 Commandments which are without a doubt Judeo-Christian. But, since we live in an atmosphere of racial bigotry and hatred (again), it stands to reason that theocrats aren't even bothering to try and be inclusive - now it's the Christian God or else.

So unless you're a racist (*smiles sweetly*) you should oppose this crap whether you're Christian or not.

Secondly - doesn't it figure that the GOP conservatives care absolutely NOTHING for the Constitution now that they think they have judges who will also ignore the Establishment Clause. I've been saying this since I joined this forum that we were going to start seeing this <<bleep>> erupt. Because if they can start plastering the word "God" and the 10 Commandments all over our public schools, it's only a matter of time before our kids are chanting prayers to Yahweh every morning. Trust me, it's coming.

Keep in mind, this <<bleep>> isn't something that might happen - it HAS happened.

This is one of the most egregious violations of the Constitution I have seen in my lifetime. As I've been saying, this country is head down the road toward theocratic fascism and most people will just stand around and let it happen.

Which is the reason why believers have decided to divide atheists into True Atheists and New Atheists. The so-called "true" atheists are the ones who sit by meekly as their rights are taken from them - which is why certain believers just love so-called "true" atheists. The New Atheists, of course, are the spitfires who are waking up to over 2,000 years of religious tyranny and are fighting to put an end to it.

They needed that divsion of atheists to a) hopefully turn atheists against each other and b) have an obvious group to blame for all of their woes.

It's why they've taken to "lying for Jesus" - because under Trump the theocrat fascists are seeing their chance to turn this country into a cesspit nightmare of religious brainwashing and fascistic religious rules that are far more strict and inflexible than any laws ever created even under the most brutal dictatorship.

I'm here to tell you that religious fascism is by far the worst kind.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-04-2018 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 12-04-2018, 04:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
And we are seeing it beginning to push in Europe, too. It's got a lot more work to do to turn Europe into a mess of religious based division and distrust, but we have Immigration thanks to a complete screw up of the Muslim world (and that applies to Malaysia - with Brunei -and Indonesia, too) to pump up the fear and resentment.

If we allow this to happen, I hate to think where we'll end up.

I think this might be a good place to post this Aaron -ra talk.

"The Good Old Days".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquOuWx6NlA

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-04-2018 at 04:46 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 04:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,211,073 times
A very disturbing step backwards.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:24 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
,,,,,,,,, Muslim world (and that applies to Malaysia - with Brunei -and Indonesia, too) to pump up the fear and resentment.
lmao
For real, are you scared?
You don’t seem to sound like an honest Atheist today.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lmao
For real, are you scared?
You don’t seem to sound like an honest Atheist today.
The whole of Europe is scared. if you don't know that, you are in no position to comment on it. There was an item on the extension of Sharya -law caning in Indonesia from just people who were disrespectful to Islam to lesbian couples. Are you still laughing? I expect you are.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Handmaid's tale is taking on life...thankfully I will be gone in the next 15 years and will not have to see this tragedy...

Old 12-04-2018, 08:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Well, obviously, to me, It could have said,

"In God We Trust and We Stand by Our Choice Not To"

Or something like that. Why do they not get that many Americans can chose not to trust in God, at all?
Hmmm.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 12-04-2018 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: typpo

Old 12-04-2018, 09:50 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, obviously, to me, I could have said,

"In God We Trust and We Stand by Our Choice Not To"

Or something like that. Why do they not get that many Americans can chose not to trust in God, at all?
Hmmm.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
But, I mean really...it is a closed-curcuit way of thinking!!

Has anyone ever made a presentation to the government on this?
I mean with no emotion...pure legal logic since we are based in freedom...
using our own Constitution...well, the Amendments, I mean...since 'freedom' is not actually in the Constitution.
This is clearly being imposed on non-believers!
It is a Supreme Court issue if there ever was one!!
Forget bakeries in Denver!

Sorry, I think I got emotional....not like me....

Old 12-04-2018, 12:13 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
liberty and justice for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality