Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 07:55 AM

16,785 posts, read 4,992,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Which is why I cannot be bothered to respond. A poster uses garbled English and made-up phrases, then declares some sort of victory by completely making up some nonsense, throwing quotes around it, and representing it as my statement.

That is insanity, and you cannot have a reasonable discussion with the insane. Welcome to the ignore list.
Oh, they are not made up phrases. Arach misuses valid phrases and formulae to pretend he is being scientific. It may fool people like GC, but people who know science are not fooled. And should you point out things like W = Fd (force applied multiplied by distance moved) is not how you calculate how much work the biosphere does, then you are immediately included in the sect of "deny everything atheism", and you will then be misrepresented and attacked at every opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 12:17 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Indeed? A Jargonist!

Old 01-29-2019, 05:47 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Please, just stop. You have some interesting ideas, and I try to follow what you are saying, but now you are just coming across as dishonest. Here is the actual exchange (assuming this is the one in question)...

Arach Angle: "answer me this. how is the universe not quantum computing you?"

fishbrains: "I am not even sure what this question means, nor do I know anything about quantum computing, so I very much doubt I could offer an informed opinion."

Now you are misquoting, twisting that around to put words in fish's mouth, and crowing that they walked into some sort of clever trap.

FWIW, fish answered exactly as I would have... I have no idea what that question means, or what "the universe quantum computing" me would look like. It doesn't strike me as particularly religious (per another of your posts), but it appears to be a made-up term/concept, with no basis for common understanding. If you expect anyone to respond, it would require more context.
well ... you are making up the notion of a "clever trap". we can start at that dishonesty.

secondly, I didn't twist it.

look at what he said "I don't know so I can't offer an informed opinion" ... while at the same time he constantly says he has never seen any evidence that points to us being part of a larger more complex system that theist have misdescribed?

how is that?

secondly. you don't know that fish and I have had other exchanges. in the past I was more forgiving of "I don't know what that means". I tryied to clearify what i mean. what would i get ... tossed in my face "I don't care, there is no god" and broke off the conversation.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Which is why I cannot be bothered to respond. A poster uses garbled English and made-up phrases, then declares some sort of victory by completely making up some nonsense, throwing quotes around it, and representing it as my statement.

That is insanity, and you cannot have a reasonable discussion with the insane. Welcome to the ignore list.
yeah. you don't know what it means and this is how you respond.

to you, a reasonable discussion is stomping your feet declaring "I don't care ... no god no god"
when its not even what i said.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Oh, they are not made up phrases. Arach misuses valid phrases and formulae to pretend he is being scientific. It may fool people like GC, but people who know science are not fooled. And should you point out things like W = Fd (force applied multiplied by distance moved) is not how you calculate how much work the biosphere does, then you are immediately included in the sect of "deny everything atheism", and you will then be misrepresented and attacked at every opportunity.
I never said you used f*d to calculate how much the biosphere does. its far more complicated that. I said. we don't know what energy is but it does work, the I said, "f*d" work. witch is the simplest form of work calculations. that's the problem I have with you harry. you, like fish, don't know enough to be claiming there is no evidence of anything you deem "spiritual". You don't even care to listen, you just deny everything.

and yes. there are different sects of atheism. the fundy atheist should be challenged as much as the fundy theist.

the example of a fundy atheist twisting what is said is your post here.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Indeed? A Jargonist!
yeah, "jargonist" does not make the claim less valid than "we don't want to give theist anything they can use a springboard." dogma you tried to sell me.

Jargonist, apologetic, sortagod, are not evidence. they are a tactic you use to minimize more valid claims than your own.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:30 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, "jargonist" does not make the claim less valid than "we don't want to give theist anything they can use a springboard." dogma you tried to sell me.

Jargonist, apologetic, sortagod, are not evidence. they are a tactic you use to minimize more valid claims than your own.
You betray you failure to understand my methods, even though I've explained them, and thereby expose that you are just lashing out mindlessley without knowing what you are talking about, because I do.

You also do not know what you are talking about logically. A claim can be true or false, even if the "Explanatory proof" is "Fish cannot roller -skate". That the claim could still be true does not make the explanation anything other than idiotic.

So saying that "Jargonist" talk does not invalidate the claim shows that logically you also have no idea how to argue. So is it any wonder that I am not surprised when someone said that you were talking a word -salad of sciencey jargon that didn't mean anything? And then you launch on a perfect tirade at me.

You betray your mental ineptitude in every post old son. And while I won't make any claims about the quality of the cases I put forward, if your living universe claim has any merits, they are not supported by anything you have posted so far. I still think it's you trying to make a god out of stardust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality