Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 05:46 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I am never given respect here so why should I respect your posts? I don't.
In my opinion, you are not "given respect" because you are so dishonest. You say one thing one time, a contradictory thing another time, will perform any mental gymnastic necessary to insist facts support your POV (whether they do or not), then declare that you have "won". Just here recently you have insisted that slavery is in the best interest of the slave.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:46 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
We are moving more towards a society of no values. Everything should be accepted and celebrated. That may be good or bad depending on you perspective. Most people have a morality line. As our society crosses it for more and more people, there may be a backlash. This has happened before. Religion/spirituality and morality cycle and will likely continue to do so. How far are you willing to go in accepting things? Everyone has a line. When society crosses the line, people look for some means to restore sanity and invariably turn to religion. It is still in a down cycle. Who know when the cycle will turn. probably more than 30 years is my guess, but things can change dramatically very quickly.

For now, I expect we will gradually become more and more like Europe.

It interesting though the Christianity is taking China by storm, and China will inevitably eventually control the world. They have more of everything (people, resources, etc), so, once they get their shoot together, they will be in charge for a while. So if Christianity takes over China and China takes over the world, we will be back to Christianity again.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:48 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would call that an immoral post. You seem to be making an excuse for slavery...that it was good...under the circumstances.
Your bias and prejudice is blinding you.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:53 PM

Even Chuck Norris would be afraid to get into a debate with Jeff.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
My disgust with your attitude toward slavery has nothing to do with proving or disproving the bible. It is a disgust with you seemingly excusing the owning of other people.

Perhaps you should look up Twelve Oaks as related to slavery.

I don't hate christians...in general. Know lots of them. Friends with lots of them. But when I read the kind of posts you make, my disdain for the religion only grows.
You really believe this? You sound like you have lost all reason.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:55 PM

Translation: "Slave" = Employee.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We are moving more towards a society of no values. Everything should be accepted and celebrated. That may be good or bad depending on you perspective. Most people have a morality line. As our society crosses it for more and more people, there may be a backlash. This has happened before. Religion/spirituality and morality cycle and will likely continue to do so. How far are you willing to go in accepting things? Everyone has a line. When society crosses the line, people look for some means to restore sanity and invariably turn to religion. It is still in a down cycle. Who know when the cycle will turn. probably more than 30 years is my guess, but things can change dramatically very quickly.

For now, I expect we will gradually become more and more like Europe.

It interesting though the Christianity is taking China by storm, and China will inevitably eventually control the world. They have more of everything (people, resources, etc), so, once they get their shoot together, they will be in charge for a while. So if Christianity takes over China and China takes over the world, we will be back to Christianity again.
Disagree. Societal values are changing.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:06 PM

50,849 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Your bias and prejudice is blinding you.
Yes, I have a bias against slavery. Apparently you don't.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:07 PM

50,849 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You really believe this? You sound like you have lost all reason.
I can only go by what you and Jeff post. And since you represent christianity, my view of christianity has plummeted.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:11 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Does that apply to the person that gets offended because their idea that hell isn't real is said to be false?
Being offended is not harming someone. Taking offense is on you, not the person who says something. You know, it's that whole snowflake thing, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality