Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 10:55 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh yes, I too am interested to know what is meant by "fundy atheist", "sects of atheism", etc. However, asking these question has not yielded decipherable answers.
Apparently "fundy atheist" means any atheist that is actually an atheist, or anyone who dislikes organized religion. Since he keeps saying anyone who speaks against religion is a "fundy atheist", and he lumps anyone who doesn't believe the "cosmic God" theory is the most reasonable and rational theory, into the same category.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Translation, Arach is NOT going to use my post as an example, but will run away from his claim that some atheists argue "if you don't say the universe is not life you are not a true non believer".

Except my post you are allegedly using as an example was about your claim that some atheists argue "if you don't say the universe is not life you are not a true non believer". So you are moving the goal posts here. Just like fundamental theists do.

And as I do not want 'all talk of anything religious stopped at all cost', then you are once again misrepresenting me.

Except I have explained this, cognitive bias and teleological thinking play a large role. So once again you are ignoring what people actually write to repeat your usual, invented BS. Just like Jeff and Ozzy.

Yes, your straw man version of me can be whatever you want. It is all you have.
You bods are doing a sweet job of caliing Arach. His habit of finding a kind of atheist he disapproved of and then inventing all sorts of lies that he foisted on us as Proof was there from the start. His efforts to talk himself into a sort of theism (living Cosmos is damn near it, even without he and Mystic sharing a hotel room) was something that I watched with interest, as well as his denial of everything with the obligatory LMAO which is dreadfully Old and unconvincing these days.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:24 PM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Thread's gone way off-topic and is now reduced to bickering and picking at individual posters. Time to put it out of its misery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality