Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 08:06 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
The bottom line is that people are people. We can take a Fundy theist and list those accepted personality traits associated with that person and come up with a mixture of accepted personality traits used by people in the business of people.

It is then more correct to say atheism has those people in it also. And we can discuss how those types of people would express atheism. Then, do we see those types of responses here on CD?

I mean, sure, you guys can focus on me using the term "fundy atheist". but we all know thats a ploy.

You would be more honest if you said you just don't like me saying it instead of trying to deny that atheism doesn't have the same type of people in it as atheism.

and if you don't deny it, then let me alone because thats all I am claiming.
Personality traits are personality traits. Religious beliefs (or non-belief) are religious beliefs (or non-belief). The two are not synonymous. Personality types do not define religious beliefs.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:06 AM

16,786 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
yeah, again, you not actually addressing the claim. your ad hominem-ing.
Projection. I am pointing out how you ad hominem other people instead of talking about the OP. Hint, hint.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:10 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He sure sounds like an atheist, doesn't he? Spits on the Bible, spits in the face with vile lies to fellow Christians who don't support homosexuality. Calling me a blatant liar is a direct personal attack. It is well beyond the means of civilized debate where if you think someone is wrong, just post a counter argument.

And for the record, I only pointed out the hypocrisy of claiming that sexual orientation is programmed at birth and we don't have a choice in the matter yet turning around and championing the punishment of those who had the misfortune of being born with a sexual orientation that you don't approve of. That is a far cry from saying gay people are exactly like pedophiles.
Once again, Jeff claims someone said something they didn't say.... No one said that you said "gay people are exactly like pedophiles". We have said that you compare the two. You also compare gay people to those in incestual relationships, and bestiality. You don't have to "directly compare" or say they are "exactly the same" to have compared them. Do you really not understand this? You are playing with words, and losing big time.

Here's a thought experiment for you. If I were to compare you to, oh I don't know, a white supremacist, would you care if I said it only as a comparison, and not that you were "exactly like a white supremacist"? What if I compared you to a gay person? A mentally unstable person? A mentally retarded person? Would you care if it were only meant as a comparison, and not that you were "exactly" like those things?

Yea, I think not.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:12 AM

16,786 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
theist: If its not my-god youre not a true believer.

atheist: if you don't say the universe is not life you are not a true non believer.

neither will put their stance side by side to other claims and try to put them in a relative validity order.
Except no one makes this argument, especially when talking about the decline of religion in the US. Why would anyone? So you have ZERO examples.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:14 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Except no one makes this argument, especially when talking about the decline of religion in the US. Why would anyone? So you have ZERO examples.
Of course he has zero examples, because he is talking out of his rear end. He doesn't like atheists that are outspoken, and is making stuff up.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:30 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I will use your post right here as my first example.

yes, the nones will out number religious. It has also been stated by people here that "nones" is moving in the right direction. i guess you want me to go back and get the posts?

the fundy think atheist wants all talk of anything religious stopped at all cost. You sticking within the literal confines of the thread title is a great example of it. or trans when he says my claim that its more reasonable to say we are in a system of life is "sorta-a-god" and that I am a theist.

yeah, there is no god and people are leaving religion. yeah, so why will people always believe in something and not nothing? if no god, then what is it believers are experiences? And why will "nones" always out number "no gods of any type"?

oh right, past "bad religion" you don't say anything. the best way to play a game you can't win is not to play."

lmao fundy think type atheist.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Personality traits are personality traits. Religious beliefs (or non-belief) are religious beliefs (or non-belief). The two are not synonymous. Personality types do not define religious beliefs.
I never said they did. In fact, I said the exact opposite. I said personality types define the expression of belief. fundy heathenism or otherwise.

what they are is, they are not the same connotations. hot head theist and a hot head atheist. A zealot theist and a zealot atheist. A fundy think type atheist and a fundy think type theist. Like when i say I brain wash my kids to be nice. Or I indoctrinate them to help others whenever they can.

it makes some people cringe. It doesn't make it less true.

I then, because we are here on a religious site, look at how Fundy-think type personality's would express atheism? how would those personality disorders express a disbelief in a god? or how would they behave when confronted with an apposing idea. like religion isn't all wrong?

so i ask you.

where is the claim that atheism has some the same personality traits we would assign a fundy theist?

or is it just the use of the word bothering you? and why?

Old 04-17-2019, 08:45 AM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:

the fundy think atheist wants all talk of anything religious stopped at all cost.
What else does the "fundy" atheist "want"?

I need to know what the whole kit is. LOL.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:51 AM

It is not mandatory that atheist deny that we are in a system of life when the data bears that out.

It is not mandatory that we not teach that to people because of how we feel theist will use it.

we can walk the path, as narrow as it may be, with our heads up. side by side with the rational theist.

thats what jesus meant when he said he will come between family's. Jesus said that when you call out your own group members for not holding themselves to the same standard as you do your enemy, you may be as wrong.

the fundy atheist turns that into "But look look, jesus said he will come between families and thats bad.". they completely ignore what it meant. Just like the fundy theist ignores what "the way is through me."

and the fundy atheist can't separate saying that teaching is fine and reject that jesus is god. They have a personality type that is all or nothing and black and white. you are all for us or you are against us.

thats fundy atheist ... not all atheist.

Just like when we say we are talking fundy theist ... harry, if you can her through that irion curtian.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:59 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
What else does the "fundy" atheist "want"?

I need to know what the whole kit is. LOL.
And has anyone other than AA actually met a fundy think atheists either on line or in real life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality