Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 11:27 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
My "status-quo" worldview? I think you have me mistaken for someone else. It isn't atheists that want to maintain the status-quo....

I make actual contributions to threads every day I post
. I don't just snark at others and act like I'm better than them, such as you do.
Please provide 3 examples of this made within the last 30 days.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:30 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
PLease provide 3 examples within the last 30 days.
You want those, look yourself. That isn't the topic of this thread, so I will now bow out, and you can keep off topic if you like.

As for the topic at hand, the "nones" growing is certainly a good thing in the eyes of most non believers. We would much prefer someone who is "spiritual" or a "cultural Christian" than a fundie that is hellbent on shaping society using their preferred holy book.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:33 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
The thought is that Catholics are leaving in droves, but they are being replaced via immigration. That data is not in the survey posted by the OP, it is merely something that I have read elsewhere.
I'd heard that as well, and certainly the catholic scandal turned Ireland from a Hag -ridden Catholic dependency to a secularist and enlightened nation - state almost overnight.

And yet the figures only show a small drop -off in recent years. Maybe (as Wellington said) "I don't mind if they run away - so long as they come back". Or Immigration is bolstering their numbers. Who knows? I only know what the stats tell us, which is that Catholicism is not collapsing.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:36 AM

16,782 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Please provide 3 examples of this made within the last 30 days.
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=36030824

Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I wouldn't care what Tyson thought because I don't think he is a spiritual person in any sense. He says things that atheists obviously want to hear, but that should have no bearing in my opinion because he comes across so arrogantly.
tyson is my hero.

he doesn't say "what we want to hear", he says how it is. He actually nails how science should be presented.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:20 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
My "status-quo" worldview? I think you have me mistaken for someone else. It isn't atheists that want to maintain the status-quo....

I make actual contributions to threads every day I post. I don't just snark at others and act like I'm better than them, such as you do.
You just did...and in your previous post. MOF...it is pretty much all you do.
I may repeat the same concepts, and worldview (how many different ways can you say you perceive a God Entity & what it is...relative to denying the existence of a God?)...but at least they are concepts, and a worldview.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:29 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Exactly. I don't think one has to anthropomorphize a deity to feel being as part of the whole. That's just special pleading.
I don't think they are aware that that's what they're doing. Or think of it that way.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I may repeat the same concepts, and worldview (how many different ways can you say you perceive a God Entity & what it is...relative to denying the existence of a God?)...but at least they are concepts, and a worldview.
I did!? Where? how so? Because I accurately said he provides nothing to the threads? Because I said that I do, in fact provide something to many threads? Not really sure how saying factual statements means I think I am better than someone, but okay guy.

It isn't even that you repeat your concepts. You use the same words almost constantly, and the same few phrases in almost every post I see of yours. Almost like you are merely parroting previous statements instead of making new ones.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Lol so apparently calling someone sad and pathetic is never an ad hominem attack or being snarky in her warped world. I might just have to unblock her to highlight the hypocrisy since looking at the quoted posts, she can't stop talking about me.

What's really sad and pathetic is to talk trash about someone who has blocked you and not available anymore to defend themselves.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol so apparently calling someone sad and pathetic is never an ad hominem attack or being snarky in her warped world. I might just have to unblock her to highlight the hypocrisy since looking at the quoted posts, she can't stop talking about me.

What's really sad and pathetic is to talk trash about someone who has blocked you and not available anymore to defend themselves.
Chill out, boss. I talk about everyone.

Again, I don't see how saying true things is an attack? Can someone explain that one to me? I mean, if you say that I am blunt and rude, which I certainly am sometimes (I am only human, you know) is that an attack?

Either way, blocked or unblocked, I will respond to whatever I damn well please. Don't like it? Unblock me and respond. You are the one that made yourself "unavailable to defend yourself".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality