Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 04:03 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are a cruel man. Where is your heart?
You know how it is. Put it in a Safe Place and you can never, ever, find it again.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:38 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Jeezuz, Jeff do you EVER stop crying?
Being hypervigilant and over-labeling of "oppression" is actually a good social tactic. Especially because the "good and factionalism" always DO want to oppress the "bad and outgroup".

Old 04-14-2019, 05:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why on Earth would I want to have a private debate with you? Why would anyone?
Yes, I usually have private debates only with people that I think would educate me and better my thoughts and be open to be educated and change their own mind. PM back and forths are usually just more time consuming, more tangential, even more buriable, and thus overall less satisfying to participate in.

With a public forum, at least you can feel that many someones might search online for a topic and read some of the posts in a thread about it (as I used to do when I had more questions).

Old 04-14-2019, 06:06 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You've been posting your pathetic pity party for five years. Whining the same whines. Mewling the same mewls.

What a sad, boring life. Yet you insist on inflicting it on others.
He always can go to the Christian board and stop posting here. If he is so offended by what is said to him, why does he keep coming back here? He gets no sympathy from me. He reminds me of so many Christians I run across in life outside here. Christianity deserves the criticism it gets. Even Ghandi got tired of Christians.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. - Ghandi

Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Fish is the only one who had the courage to respond. That just shows your side only cares about ego stroking and Christian bashing. You can't handle a fair equal debate.
So why didn't you respond to him Jeff? I notice you are not refuting Fish's assertion, but, as you often do, deflect.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have no argument with anything you said. It's factual.

What you don't seem to be grasping is what my old writing teacher called the "so-what? test". Putting aside the obvious with which many thinking believers of all sorts agree--separation of church and state, forced prayer in schools, the right to NOT believe in any supernatural, prejudices again certain members of society--so what if people's beliefs and/or encounters with the unexplainable are unprovable and subjective or change?

I know I can't prove my experiences or thoughts about anything supernatural to you. I know they have happened, and I know other people who accepted what I told them about my experiences who agree that they are not something that can be explained. I know they can't be demonstrated or show consistency like boiling water.

So what? I never claimed they could be in the first place.
The problem is, and I know you've seen this, that there is a certain element of believers who insist their beliefs should not only be enshrined in law, but imposed on others, no matter what those others beliefs or non-beliefs are. That becomes a theocracy, and much of the resistance you see is to those who promulgate such a defacto theocracy.

it is not only the fact that they attempt to enshrine into the laws their beliefs, it is that they so indoctrinate their children that the result can be as I have outlined happened to my grandson, who had nightmares of hell because his fundamentalist friends told him he was going there, not because they were being cruel, but because they were taught that at their church by the youth pastor.

I object in the strongest way at that indoctrination. I truly see it as child abuse, scaring children into a belief system.

That is why so many of us are adamant. We have seen the damage particularly fundamentalism can do. Many have had to live that fundamentalism.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Can you stop attacking and criticizing Jeff for one day, especially on one of the Christian Holy Days - Palm Sunday?
What does a magical mystery tour day have to do with reality?

Old 04-14-2019, 06:36 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Can you stop attacking and criticizing Jeff for one day, especially on one of the Christian Holy Days - Palm Sunday?
They can attack me all they want. I just want them to admit that they are doing it.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:38 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Jeezuz, Jeff do you EVER stop crying?
Do you ever stop being rude and insulting?

Old 04-14-2019, 07:37 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So why didn't you respond to him Jeff? I notice you are not refuting Fish's assertion, but, as you often do, deflect.
Pathetic.

It's supposed to be a private discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality