Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 07:29 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
theist: If its not my-god youre not a true believer.

atheist: if you don't say the universe is not life you are not a true non believer.

neither will put their stance side by side to other claims and try to put them in a relative validity order.
This is completely false. At a bare minimum, a fundie (fundamentalist) is a person who adheres strictly to the holy book of his/her faith. A fundamental theist may or may not say what you claim. There is no holy book for an atheist to be fundamentalist about.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:30 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
you can look at trans posts to me. I am not doing the work for ya. I pointed the statement out each time it was aid to me. each and every time it was said. hence the claims I am repeating myself.

how about this.

can you offer any proof to me that atheism wouldn't have the same people with personality disorders we would assassinate with Fundy theist?
Typical.

Make claim and cry for someone else prove your claim.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:39 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is completely false. At a bare minimum, a fundie (fundamentalist) is a person who adheres strictly to the holy book of his/her faith. A fundamental theist may or may not say what you claim. There is no holy book for an atheist to be fundamentalist about.
you inserted a "taking holy book" as the defining characteristic. Thats just not good enough in describing people.

I claim: it doesn't have to be a book as much as a "any notion" taken literally.

here, the notion is "the book is holy" is the notion they locked onto.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:43 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Fundamentalism usually has a religious connotation that indicates unwavering attachment to a set of irreducible beliefs.[1] However, fundamentalism has come to be applied to a tendency among certain groups–mainly, although not exclusively, in religion–that is characterized by a markedly strict literalism as it is applied to certain specific scriptures, dogmas, or ideologies, and a strong sense of the importance of maintaining ingroup and outgroup distinctions,[2][3][4][5] leading to an emphasis on purity and the desire to return to a previous ideal from which advocates believe members have strayed. Rejection of diversity of opinion as applied to these established "fundamentals" and their accepted interpretation within the group often results from this tendency.[6]
Depending upon the context, the label "fundamentalism" can be a pejorative rather than a neutral characterization, similar to the ways that calling political perspectives "right-wing" or "left-wing" can have for some negative connotations.[7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalism

Old 04-17-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Typical.

Make claim and cry for someone else prove your claim.
err, thats not what I said. i said you go get the posts. if you are not following it, thats a you problem.

But I knew you playing a game when you took my response from another poster and included it, without identifying it, in the tread with you. and you are wrong. I am not wasting time going back for you last. you don't want to admit that atheism has some fundy think type people in it, thats on you. and you are wrong.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:51 AM

The bottom line is that people are people. We can take a Fundy theist and list those accepted personality traits associated with that person and come up with a mixture of accepted personality traits used by people in the business of people.

It is then more correct to say atheism has those people in it also. And we can discuss how those types of people would express atheism. Then, do we see those types of responses here on CD?

I mean, sure, you guys can focus on me using the term "fundy atheist". but we all know thats a ploy.

You would be more honest if you said you just don't like me saying it instead of trying to deny that atheism doesn't have the same type of people in it as atheism.

and if you don't deny it, then let me alone because thats all I am claiming.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:52 AM

Still only tap dancing

You are just like jeffbase

Old 04-17-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Still only tap dancing

You are just like jeffbase
me? you didn't answer the question yet.

do you think that atheism has the same personality types in it as theism does.

and btw, comparing me to jeff doesn't actually address where your claim is more valid than my claim.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Can you define “fundy think type atheist”
Quote:
Can you give examples of both?
Quote:
me? you didn't answer the question yet.

do you think that atheism has the same personality types in it as theism does.

and btw, comparing me to jeff doesn't actually address where your claim is more valid than my claim.
I’d like to check your claim. Can you show any worth while examples of both or not?

Focus

Old 04-17-2019, 08:05 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Cut him some slack. Part of being a filthy rotten sinner is lying, right jeffbase?

You are one of the best, buddy.
He sure sounds like an atheist, doesn't he? Spits on the Bible, spits in the face with vile lies to fellow Christians who don't support homosexuality. Calling me a blatant liar is a direct personal attack. It is well beyond the means of civilized debate where if you think someone is wrong, just post a counter argument.

And for the record, I only pointed out the hypocrisy of claiming that sexual orientation is programmed at birth and we don't have a choice in the matter yet turning around and championing the punishment of those who had the misfortune of being born with a sexual orientation that you don't approve of. That is a far cry from saying gay people are exactly like pedophiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality