Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 01:12 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
they can't wrap their head around the notion that atoms move the way do in you because of you "living".
This kind of intellectual exploration is beyond what they are comfortable engaging. It requires a level of abstract thinking that seems to make them very uncomfortable and well out of their comfort zones.
Quote:
trans actually gets it. He just has to answer to anti-religion dogma that demands he deny anything he doesn't like. Just like omega actually.
Normally, I would agree with you because Arq does seem to follow this kind of thinking though he doesn't attribute much value or credit to it. Unfortunately, his latest post belies my normal confidence in his mental acquity.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:44 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle
they can't wrap their head around the notion that atoms move the way do in you because of you "living".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
What does this even mean?

Probably that since the human body is made up of 99% Atoms; and everything in the 4% of the universe is made up of Atoms; and "energy" contains 0% Atoms...the other 96% of the universal body containing no atoms? yet, being a "Body of stuff;" the Atoms in the human body only looks up at the sky, and or, raises his arms up high above his head is doing it because of his own living willpower. Not because the atoms decided anything...and all the Atoms in his human body took off running because: Not their decision. I willed to do; Atoms did what? Yes they did...Why? "Energy." Why does a human body go for a run? The 0% Atoms of "will to run" existed.
----------------------------------------------

Old 05-04-2019, 06:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This kind of intellectual exploration is beyond what they are comfortable engaging. It requires a level of abstract thinking that seems to make them very uncomfortable and well out of their comfort zones. Normally, I would agree with you because Arq does seem to follow this kind of thinking though he doesn't attribute much value or credit to it. Unfortunately, his latest post belies my normal confidence in his mental acquity.
yeah ... I shouldn't have said ... "doesn't like it" that doesn't describe him correctly.

I should say "he totally understands what I said but he has to minimize that science because it doesn't fit his statement of belief about religious/god. Just like omega X has to do with science."

Old 05-04-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
What does this even mean?

OK, it was just another meaningless, irrelevant statement used to attack.
as I have said before harry ol' eastern block chum.

You don't understand, thats where you need to start.

If you knew anything about the sciences you would understand that I look at people and the mixture of personalities they have. I then predict how those mixtures would express beliefs. Like theism or atheism.

The "meaningless" attack, is merely pointing out to people that we have anti-religous/god in out atheist ranks and we don't have to listen to them. We may have to use them as cannon fodder, but past that we need to keep an eye on them. We need to watch them like we watch nuclear power plants.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I will just have to assume you had no clue what was being argued and had no answer because this is non-responsive.
no, he has a clue. trans, harry, raf, and a few others are not in this for the same reasons we are.

He is intentionally denying it because he and his groupies (group: iron curtain)are on a crusade against religion/god. they are going to save us westerners because they know whats best for us.

he will not repeat what he said to me because he knows just how stupid it was.

he said "although valid, we need to deny it so theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell."

that is telling. And when I called him on it ... raf have to DM him and tell him to "get out of there you are losing."

Old 05-04-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle

Probably that since the human body is made up of 99% Atoms; and everything in the 4% of the universe is made up of Atoms; and "energy" contains 0% Atoms...the other 96% of the universal body containing no atoms? yet, being a "Body of stuff;" the Atoms in the human body only looks up at the sky, and or, raises his arms up high above his head is doing it because of his own living willpower. Not because the atoms decided anything...and all the Atoms in his human body took off running because: Not their decision. I willed to do; Atoms did what? Yes they did...Why? "Energy." Why does a human body go for a run? The 0% Atoms of "will to run" existed.
----------------------------------------------
what it means is that atoms move around in you because of your "living". are we moving around because of the biosphere's "living".

that is top down thinking.

now to cross check, can we go from bottom up?

Atoms interacting following the natural laws, form you.

either way we slice it, it debunks anti-religious/god sect of atheism as just another fundy think group trying to force a belief on us through 1/2 truths. And when we see that? they will use deceit. when that doesn't work, they will kills us. like hilter and stalin types.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:44 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
as I have said before harry ol' eastern block chum.

You don't understand, thats where you need to start.

If you knew anything about the sciences you would understand that I look at people and the mixture of personalities they have. I then predict how those mixtures would express beliefs. Like theism or atheism.

The "meaningless" attack, is merely pointing out to people that we have anti-religous/god in out atheist ranks and we don't have to listen to them. We may have to use them as cannon fodder, but past that we need to keep an eye on them. We need to watch them like we watch nuclear power plants.
You all need you own island or seperate planet. I don't understand why more anti-people aren't pursuing space colonization.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You all need you own island or seperate planet. I don't understand why more anti-people aren't pursuing space colonization.
you need to be a little more precise in the wording. grab, you have the easy part. just sit back and tell what we should be doing without ever clarifying your position.

what side are you on?

fundamentally ... freedom of all religions with liberty and justice for all?
fundy think ... anti-religious/god?
fundy think ... my god only?

Old 05-04-2019, 08:11 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
you need to be a little more precise in the wording. grab, you have the easy part. just sit back and tell what we should be doing without ever clarifying your position.

what side are you on?

fundamentally ... freedom of all religions with liberty and justice for all?
fundy think ... anti-religious/god?
fundy think ... my god only?
YOU know how the universe works, why not colonize it? The side I'm on, if there such a thing, is anti-communism...no matter how anyone tries to serve/justify it.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:31 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
This kind of intellectual exploration is beyond what they are comfortable engaging. It requires a level of abstract thinking that seems to make them very uncomfortable and well out of their comfort zones.
You are pretending Arach said something profound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality