Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 10:56 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I watched the whole stream. It was a very interesting discussion.

Both debaters were respectful and more focused on seeking truth, than trying to "win." Refreshing to see.
Are you perhaps new to watching debate of this sort? Is this offer to post videos of interest to others a new found joy of Googling for videos? You have a very curious and unique way of exchanging opinion in this forum. It's almost more like an interest in being mediator or judge of how others share their opinions. Or is it just the want to keep stirring the pot? Keeping your thread alive? Not sure what, but I'm sure I've never seen anyone else do like you do in these regards. Just my observation is all, for what little it may be worth.

If to simply keep the thread alive, seems to be working!

Last edited by LearnMe; 04-01-2020 at 11:15 AM..

Old 04-01-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I was expecting to get picked out for saying 'we are saying ...'. I am saying it, not 'we'. But what I was meaning is that no 'uncaused' creator is needed to cause the universe but if such a 'creator' was needed then that creator would itself need a cause.

I hope I am being clearer and that you get what I mean.
I had no problem understanding what YOU are saying versus WE, because (unlike some) I don't assume anybody commenting in this forum is speaking for anyone else as a general rule regardless how they express their opinion. As for the rest, clear as an uncaused creator needed to cause the universe can be!

Old 04-01-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
TRANS, if you don't like the videos I post, simply don't watch them. Easy solution!
Actually, if you want to know a secret, you are free to ignore this entire thread and to refrain from commenting or watching any of the videos I post. Be free! No one's forcing you to be here. That's your choice. Better to stay away of what's triggering you than to keep getting worked up about something you can't change.
No matter in what color the advice, sure seems to me this is the kind of advice I have recommended to you more than a few times now, to no avail!

Old 04-01-2020, 11:41 AM

2,962 posts, read 865,037 times
Debate: Do Objective Moral Values Exist?
Dr SJ Thomason (Christian) vs. Skylar Fiction (Atheist)
LIVE now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwf8m7yAkM

Old 04-01-2020, 11:49 AM

16,790 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
Debate: Do Objective Moral Values Exist?
If yes, your god does not.

If not, your question plays no role in your OP.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:04 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I had no problem understanding what YOU are saying versus WE, because (unlike some) I don't assume anybody commenting in this forum is speaking for anyone else as a general rule regardless how they express their opinion. As for the rest, clear as an uncaused creator needed to cause the universe can be!
The issue of causation and any infinite regress nonsense is a distraction from the simple and unavoidable fact that the existence of everything is undeniable and whatever is responsible reflects such sheer power and such an inconceivably awesome attribute it would have to be considered God relative to us. YMMV

Old 04-01-2020, 12:06 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
If yes, your god does not.

If not, your question plays no role in your OP.
Nonsequiturs.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:08 PM

2,962 posts, read 865,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No matter in what color the advice, sure seems to me this is the kind of advice I have recommended to you more than a few times now, to no avail!
You agree with my advice but don't follow it yourself?

Old 04-01-2020, 12:19 PM

16,790 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsequiturs.
As you obviously have a minimal grasp of logic, let me help. If a god decides what is moral, then that morality is subjective, not objective, which must be true if we or a god exists or not. A god can only agree with objective morality, it can not create it. So the objective truth creating Christian god that IWas believes in can not exist.

You really should just stay with your area of expertise, tossing word salad, because when you invent excuses for things you have no idea about, it does your credibility no good.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
You agree with my advice but don't follow it yourself?
Come again?

I comment or reply to comments I feel like responding to. I pass or simply ignore the others. How is that not following my advice that we simply ignore what we wish and comment as we wish?

My word you are consistently confusing, again in ways I've not seen here before. Time for me to sign off now again in any case. Enjoy the rest of your day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality