Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2019, 09:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What offends you is not necessarily 'Hate'. And the continual bitterness, resentment and dislike we atheists get from you (and others) shows there is no real 'forgiveness' and it is just a bit of tactical posturing on your part, trying to score a cheap point by donning the plaster saint's hat, which actually neither fits you nor suits you.

You're gonna need a bigger tub.
I understand BF's frustration. He's lost every argument he's ever had with me, any and all atheists, and any and all liberal-leaning Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 09:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Standing against evil has always been a rough job
Does everybody appreciate you for doing so?
Let’s ask Donald trump

Old 10-05-2019, 09:41 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I understand BF's frustration. He's lost every argument he's ever had with me, any and all atheists, and any and all liberal-leaning Christians.
I understand it too. But there is a cancer in the US and atheists are wielding the surgeon's knife. It may hurt, especially to those who refuse the anaesthetic of 'Liberal' Christianity. I feel pity for them, but it's needed before there's any hope of removing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Let’s ask Donald trump
Let's see..isn't he the fellow that made the US look a laughing -stock in the UN? Sure, let's ask him.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:18 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Let’s ask Donald trump
Let's leave Politics and politicians in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:37 AM

Let us indeed. i bet the politics forum is a lively read. Do any of the threads reach 20 posts before they are closed?

Old 10-06-2019, 05:55 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Let us indeed. i bet the politics forum is a lively read. Do any of the threads reach 20 posts before they are closed?
Go look and see.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

There are several threads with hundreds of replies, and three with thousands of replies, and that's just on the first page of thread titles.

There is so much intense hatred and venom in that forum that I can't tolerate reading anything there. I made it clear from the beginning that I wasn't moderating Politics. Read a few threads over there and my reasoning should be obvious.

I don't know how the moderators over there keep their sanity.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:07 AM

It makes us and Jeffbase, bapfun and Vizio look like a polite conversation over Nuwara Elya (can't stand Earl grey - tastes like creosote (1) and scones with strawberry jam (those who advocate Raspberry jam are Really beyond the pale, I mean next they'll be putting vegmite on them) and English butter.

(1) which i only consume when my gums are really playing up.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:09 AM

1,456 posts, read 515,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't know how the moderators over there keep their sanity.
Well, from what I've observed from the UK forum, some moderators on C-D go out on a limb to foster that kind of environment.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:25 AM

Default UK forum

there really is one.....and the posters seem to think that what we do Matters. Nobody, Nobody, takes the UK seriously, least of all us.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:41 AM

1,456 posts, read 515,235 times
Quote:
there really is one.....and the posters seem to think that what we do Matters. Nobody, Nobody, takes the UK seriously, least of all us.
This is why I like R&S. Both MQ and Mensa seem like they have their "faecal matter" together and despite this sub forum being so adversarial and volatile they really do have a decent hold on things here. But yeah, after I reported that mod for what was essentially legitimizing death threats to politicians, I decided my sanity is better served by staying out of that cesspit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality