Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2022, 10:11 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,687,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If one doesn't want to be mocked, I'd think one should avoid posting comments like this one.
Quote:
Unfortunately, the more "push-back" against people who believe in the likes of "Mojo spells," the more they believe their spells are working. Funny how that works. I mean really. Funny.

Back to the topic of this thread..., if this thread gets all screwed up like this, then why not believe "God bears full responsibility?" Just another version of what is going around us no better or worse than so many of the other versions far as I can tell...
Still compelled to post about it, huh?
Even after being told not to.
HOWBOWDAH?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2022, 10:12 AM

64,091 posts, read 40,390,471 times
Default God bears full responsibility for how screwed up the world is.

Mush as this forum objects to the concept that the Reality that exists is, at a minimum, essentially our God, The unavoidable fact of the matter is that IT IS responsible for EVERYTHING that happens for good or ill, period! As mordant has implied, it is our theological concept of God that raises this responsibility nonsense. There is a way to reconcile the issues, but NOT with the typical Omni religious dogma, IMO.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:47 AM

29,614 posts, read 9,835,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Still compelled to post about it, huh?
Even after being told not to.
HOWBOWDAH?!
Seems we're not posting about the same thing here, and your compulsion to view admonishment as some sort of accomplishment is truly rich. Special. Talk about HOWBOWDAH?

I'm no more or less compelled to post about anything in this forum as you are. You're just a fair bit more dramatic than most is all, and certainly not inclined to consider the topic of the thread as you should. No doubt God bears full responsibility for this as well. Much like how screwed up the rest of the world tends to be to.

HOWBOWDAH as well?

Oh hell! Maybe you are rubbing off on me after all!

Old 03-28-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Mush as this forum objects to the concept that the Reality that exists is, at a minimum, essentially our God, The unavoidable fact of the matter is that IT IS responsible for EVERYTHING that happens for good or ill, period! As mordant has implied, it is our theological concept of God that raises this responsibility nonsense. There is a way to reconcile the issues, but NOT with the typical Omni religious dogma, IMO.
To your way of thinking. Of course...

To my way of thinking the "slow maturing of man" involves a newer, better reasoned and justifiable way of thinking, quite different from yours.

You can credit this to God too of course. Regardless, as long as it continues, I'm hoping for more good and less ill as we better "mature" in some of these important respects.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Seems we're not posting about the same thing here, and your compulsion to view admonishment as some sort of accomplishment is truly rich. Special. Talk about HOWBOWDAH?

I'm no more or less compelled to post about anything in this forum as you are. You're just a fair bit more dramatic than most is all, and certainly not inclined to consider the topic of the thread as you should. No doubt God bears full responsibility for this as well. Much like how screwed up the rest of the world tends to be to.

HOWBOWDAH as well?

Oh hell! Maybe you are rubbing off on me after all!
You know why.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You know why.
Time for me to sign off now which leaves you free to comment about something else now! Can't wait to see what it might be! Perhaps again tomorrow...

Cheers.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:21 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,356,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Once again the unavoidable fact is just your opinion. Just because it is your opnion does not make it a fact.

You have made Reality your God and now believe it should be everyone elses too. To make matters worse you present a Reality that is not everyones reality.

The fact is that some of what you describe as reality is, to me, simply your imagination. That may be my opinion but I would not be arrogant to tell you that what I see as Reality is an unavoidable fact.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Once again the unavoidable fact is just your opinion. Just because it is your opnion does not make it a fact.

You have made Reality your God and now believe it should be everyone elses too. To make matters worse you present a Reality that is not everyones reality.

The fact is that some of what you describe as reality is, to me, simply your imagination. That may be my opinion but I would not be arrogant to tell you that what I see as Reality is an unavoidable fact.
Anything and everything that happens...is necessarily by and through Reality.
Thus, anyone and everyone's view of things, and their imagination...is also part of Reality.
That's not opinion...it is one of the few truly objective facts there is.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:14 PM

4,644 posts, read 1,819,753 times
Quote:
To your way of thinking. Of course...

To my way of thinking the "slow maturing of man" involves a newer, better reasoned and justifiable way of thinking, quite different from yours.

You can credit this to God too of course. Regardless, as long as it continues, I'm hoping for more good and less ill as we better "mature" in some of these important respects.
Let me ask you a question, LearnMe...

Let's just say that you're right...

There's no God.

I know that one question atheists constantly ask...and conclude...that IF there's a God, then He would alleviate all of the pain and suffering in life.

Since He hasn't, you conclude that there is no God.

O.k. So be it.

And yet, there's STILL pain and suffering in this world.

If *WE* are so "great", so wonderful, so terrific...so stupendous...so awesome...and don't feel any need or want from any "God", and that what we do, is BEYOND what any kind of God could do...

...then WHY is there still pain and suffering?

If there's no God, then shouldn't *WE* have solved this after several THOUSAND years?

Shouldn't we have solved the problem of rape...theft...greed...hunger...lying...lust...cov eting?

Hey! We're "smart"! We should already know what's right and wrong and practice what's right...

...right?

Old 03-28-2022, 12:21 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,356,205 times
Quote:
Anything and everything that happens...is necessarily by and through Reality.
Thus, anyone and everyone's view of things, and their imagination...is also part of Reality.
That's not opinion...it is one of the few truly objective facts there is.
Did you even read Mystics comment thar I replied to or do you automatically argue?

Part of Mystics Reality is not part of mine. And you have no clue about what is in my imagination hence it is not in yours and his view of God is not in my reality hence to me his God is not a fact. And much of what he says is Reality appears to be his jmagination and hus imaginatiin is not part of anyone realuty but his.

Hence his statemen is his opinion not a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality