Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
Ok, that makes sense. I thought I remember Ramadan being in September or something in years past. I didn't realize it changes year to year.

Please, add my well wishes too - a little late but genuine.
Shukrahn My Friend. Not late at all There are 26 days of Ramadan remaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyDebra View Post
In my heart and soul I am a Pagan because Nature is my spiritual sanctity. I believe if we all lived with an appreciation and respect for the animals and natural beauty that surrounds us, there would be more peace and serenity in the world.
That is the sacred circle of light that encompasses me. When in a forest, surrounded by trees, my soul is at rest.
Achukma, BettyDebra, and welcome!

As you would discover if you were to read my writings (which are probably not available to you), it is only when I am deep in the forests -- when I am away from the insistent but heedless, crow-like, clamor of humankind -- that I find true peace.

-- Nighteyes

Old 07-01-2014, 06:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Welcome BettyDebra! I feel much the same way.
As do I.

Welcome BettyDebra.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyDebra View Post
In my heart and soul I am a Pagan because Nature is my spiritual sanctity. I believe if we all lived with an appreciation and respect for the animals and natural beauty that surrounds us, there would be more peace and serenity in the world.
That is the sacred circle of light that encompasses me. When in a forest, surrounded by trees, my soul is at rest.
Quote:
Welcome BettyDebra! I feel much the same way.
Having nature touch your spiritual side does not mean one needs to buy into any dogma that any organization would like to build around that spirituality. I am intensely moved by places like this, which are near me and away from the light pollution that most North Americans are impacted by, but I won't be restrained or categorized by any philosophy of others. It is my spirituality, no one else's, and certainly not impacted by some invisible, omnipotent sentient entity that is promulgated by many.

This is a few miles from my home:

Old 07-01-2014, 07:04 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Having nature touch your spiritual side does not mean one needs to buy into any dogma that any organization would like to build around that spirituality. I am intensely moved by places like this, which are near me and away from the light pollution that most North Americans are impacted by, but I won't be restrained or categorized by any philosophy of others. It is my spirituality, no one else's, and certainly not impacted by some invisible, omnipotent sentient entity that is promulgated by many.

This is a few miles from my home:
That picture could easily be mistaken for a scene from Pine Ridge, except the road is in too good of condition

Old 07-01-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That picture could easily be mistaken for a scene from Pine Ridge, except the road is in too good of condition
It is Dry Island Buffalo Jump and part of the Alberta Badlands. Very different, very wild, quite remote. The bible belt surrounds it

Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
It is Dry Island Buffalo Jump and part of the Alberta Badlands.
Cupper, I saw that area many years ago. It's beautiful.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Cupper, I saw that area many years ago. It's beautiful.
Thanks DewDrop. Yes, it is a special place, an environment most are not aware of. Lots of dinosaur fossils found here.

All that came way before any world wide flood some think happened.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:02 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
I used to work with a guy who said his hair was all gray by the age of 16. He had no problem buying beer.
A guy I knew back in the day was silver-headed in his late 20's. He told me that, in his teens, nobody ever checked his ID either.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:20 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Recently I've come across some very wise and profound words and would like to share them:

Knowledge is only a small part of wisdom, only a small part of the Great Mystery. You must take the knowledge of life, it's paths, its teachings and balance them with your own world. The things you do and learn, the paths you choose and are given only gives you the first ingredient for wisdom, always be relevant to the Great Mystery. Practiced it daily and give it freely to all, then, and only then can you be deemed wise.
Quanah Parker:

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

In our lives, we crossed many bridges, and eventually, we cross the bridge between the physical and spiritual worlds as we continue on our journey. Thus, we must understand truly we have come from, where we are and where we are going. When we had peace with this journey and are able to see beauty in all things, then we are walking the path of Good Medicine..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality