Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 08:19 PM

884 posts, read 357,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
See...you are declaring the claim false...even deem it an "attack".
Other make an opposing claim.
One side says they are sure they are correct...while the diametrically opposed are sure they are correct.
So...that's where it is at.
It is actually being debated pretty heavily here.
Everyone can draw their own conclusions.
Well then the person making the claim (you) has the onus to give evidence supporting this claim. The claim is (I'm copying it from your post):

"The Biosphere matches "life" more than it matches up to "nonlife". And that is certainly true to any sensible person that knows how it functions."

I'll wait. I'm expecting detailed reasoning backing up your fanciful claim.

Yes people can make their own judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 08:40 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The first dozen times you told posters here to "suck it up", you set the tone.
I am surprised he doesn't suffer from nose-bleed way up there on his "i educated you" high-horse - all from the mouth of an apparent ignoramus.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:42 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter600 View Post
Well then the person making the claim (you) has the onus to give evidence supporting this claim. The claim is (I'm copying it from your post):

"The Biosphere matches "life" more than it matches up to "nonlife". And that is certainly true to any sensible person that knows how it functions."

I'll wait. I'm expecting detailed reasoning backing up your fanciful claim.

Yes people can make their own judgement.
First of all...you forgot this: "I agreed with Arach's claim...I view it the same...and I stand by it. It doesn't even need to be assessed academically or scientifically...basic observation and common sense is more than sufficient."
My perception, intuition,, common sense,, and wisdom has led me to my conclusion..
So...get hip to that.
THAT is my reasoning...and, I submit that it will lead me to more and better valid deductions about basic issues than any other method you've got to put against it.
Something very probative, in my view...is that for all your "detailed" methods you are unable to do what 84% of the entire world is able to do: Perceive God. That is very telling...show me someone that fails at a intellection over 8 out 10 other people are able to achieve...and that's probably not going to be someone I put much credence in.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
I am surprised he doesn't suffer from nose-bleed way up there on his "i educated you" high-horse - all from the mouth of an apparent ignoramus.
You need to get hip to sumthin Salty.
There is something very probative about many of you, in my view.
And that is...For all your claimed great expertise & methods, you are unable to do what 84% of the entire world is able to do: Perceive God.
That is very telling...show me someone that fails at a intellection over 8 out 10 other people are able to achieve...and that's probably not going to be someone I put much credence in.
Though I will do my best to educate them. Trouble is, most are hard-cases.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:01 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
And that is...For all your claimed great expertise & methods, you are unable to do what 84% of the entire world is able to do: Perceive God.
That is very telling...show me someone that fails at a intellection over 8 out 10 other people are able to achieve...and that's probably not going to be someone I put much credence in.
By "perceive", of course you mean "imagine". One can't perceive that which does NOT exist, and you know it. All you can educate them on is ignorance, and little more, and again, you know it.

Last edited by Salty Water; 07-13-2021 at 11:28 PM..

Old 07-13-2021, 11:11 PM

128 posts, read 39,537 times
The posts of GldnRule are all about "GldnRule" attempting to dominate others here.....and not at all about factual reality.
Attempting to debate anything with him is useless, because he feels he "wins" no matter what.
Obviously he needs psychiatric assistance, but I doubt very much he'll seek that out.
I wish him well, and feel very sorry for him. I hope he eventually recovers.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:02 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
The problem was, your house analogy was apples to oranges, and not applicable.
That didn't fly over your head...several even pointed it out, in detail...but you still persist. Very strange...but entertaining.
No, apples and oranges applies to the fallacy of composition, that is why it is a fallacy. But try a flock of birds, a football team or a business. All comprise living things but as entities are not living.

The fallacy of composition occurs when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole.

Your one sided attacks by not point out the fallacy of composition being used is amusing.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
By "perceive", of course you mean "imagine". One can't perceive that which does NOT exist, and you know it. All you can educate them on is ignorance, and little more, and again, you know it.
No..."perceive" is of "perception".
Like, through "Sensory Perception" you take in info & data.
All your insults and bashing relative to people "imagining" things, is based in some Religious adherents taking metaphorical and allegorical stories as literal accounts of occurrences and things.
And so you make harassing interrogations of them based upon that mistaken literal interpretation.
But those metaphorical and allegorical writings do represent occurrences, scenarios, and situations that happen in Reality...and do exist.
Zeus and Thor are metaphorical Gods that represent lighting and thunder. Of course, those metaphorical characters do not exist in Reality beyond the conceptual stories...but lighting and thunder do exist in Reality, and are not "imaginary".
What you and your miserable ilk do, is point to Zues and Thor as God Beings "throwing bolts of lighting" and "banging with a hammer", and say "Look! It's all *imaginary fairy-tales*!" But you fail to note that what they represent...lighting and thunder...is real.
You just play your childish, ignorant game so you can insult and mock people...because miserable, nasty people get off on that.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
The posts of GldnRule are all about "GldnRule" attempting to dominate others here.....and not at all about factual reality.
Attempting to debate anything with him is useless, because he feels he "wins" no matter what.
Obviously he needs psychiatric assistance, but I doubt very much he'll seek that out.
I wish him well, and feel very sorry for him. I hope he eventually recovers.
Evidently, you did not educate yourself to what's up.
But...so you know...this is from the Posting Guidelines of what is disallowed:
*****Negative remarks about a person's physical or psychiatric health, e.g. accusing a member of senility; needing/forgetting psychiatric medications; making psychiatric diagnosis such as paranoid, bi-polar and the like; suggesting a member needs psychiatric help

Old 07-14-2021, 03:03 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
How do you know that we do not perceive what others call gods? You keep making this claim but provide no evidence for it.

How do you know that those who believe in god also perceive one? You do not, you are just pretending believers also perceive, and that is dishonest.

And how do you know what people perceive actually is correct, and not a product of cognitive bias, or mental illness? You do not, you are simply ignoring other possibilities for something you claim (perceiving gods) but have provided no evidence for.

Quote:
The Monty Hall problem explains why your MO is at fault.

Quote:
By refusing to investigate alternatives such as cognitive bias, no, stop, by actually denying you may be a victim of the alternative, this means your education is not better than a religious person quoting scripture.

You are like a child trying to educate the adults, which makes your arrogance even more amusing.
The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn of the crow. - William Blake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality