Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2020, 08:57 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, you made false claims about me and what I understand while implying it may be dishonesty on my part.
Any inferences you draw from my posts are yours alone. I have no way to know whether or not you are being dishonest or simply do not understand my perspective.
Quote:
So you admit your belief is not a fact as you pretend; and somehow believe that is equal to the knowledge we do have, that the universe is full of natural forces.
PotAYtoes, potAHtoes. You call it natural forces, I call it God's life forces.
Quote:
1) That is STILL not the alleged science behind your claim. People just posting a YouLose video about Quantum Field Theory and pretending it supports your brainless consciousness opinion is not good enough, you need to explain how it does.
I have done so many times referring to the Penrose, et al. quantum processes. Our brain operates by quantum processes in quantum time. That places our consciousness beyond the limits of our macro Reality and accounts for its unconstrained imagination and creativity. When I encountered God's consciousness in deep meditation and became part of the Oneness, my consciousness became quantum entangled which is why I am never alone since the encounter.
Quote:
2) You are asserting your god has no attributes to refute, which means you can not make any claims for your god.
NO. I am asserting ALL the attributes we have discovered through science and extrapolating those we have yet to validate.
Quote:
3) Point 2 is strange, because you have argued attributes for your god, which have been refuted.
You and Arq have such an inflated idea of your ability to refute or debunk. How on earth can you refute what science has validated. As for my BELIEFS about God based on my adoption of the avatar meme in the spiritual fossil record (specifically the Christian narrative) you and Arq consistently refuse to parse them from my scientific assertions.
Quote:
4) You are also arguing that atheism could be both true and false at the same time.
No. I am arguing that atheism and theism are premises based on preference for what "We do not know" about the status of our Reality and consciousness (based on what we do know).

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-20-2020 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 09:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Reading comprehension issues noted. I understand. I would have difficulty understanding German. That would be the whole point, Harry. There is NO high ground between our two perspectives because "we do not know." That is why your insistence on claiming the default (high ground) is so annoying. All means ALL, Harry. Every bit of evidence we have about our Reality is evidence about God including my extrapolations. All the unanswered or unanswerable questions about our Reality are also about God including origins and infinite regresses or whatnot. That still leaves the myriad absurd and irrational claims and rationales extant in the various religions about God for you to refute but God's existence is NOT fair game under Christian Panentheism which I am sure frosts your boat.
I guess they think that just posting "You don't have evidence" enough times help the anti-religious cause by instilling doubt. They are using anti-god as a weapon as surely as any theist.

No wonder they have to run from me. They know straight up facing me means they get exposed.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:16 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
I have done so many times referring to the Penrose, et al. quantum processes. Our brain operates by quantum processes in quantum time. That places our consciousness beyond the limits of our macro Reality and accounts for its unconstrained imagination and creativity. When I encountered God's consciousness in deep meditation and became part of the Oneness, my consciousness became quantum entangled which is why I am never alone since the encounter.
This is STILL not the how.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:32 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I guess they think that just posting "You don't have evidence" enough times help the anti-religious cause by instilling doubt. They are using anti-god as a weapon as surely as any theist.

No wonder they have to run from me. They know straight up facing me means they get exposed.
Not sure who is doing any running from you, but you're hard to avoid no matter where we might turn. Reminds me of those famous lyrics...

"Relax", said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Fortunately, we can check out of this forum any time we like, and no doubt it's that time for me again today.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Any inferences you draw from my posts are yours alone. I have no way to know whether or not you are being dishonest or simply do not understand my perspective. PotAYtoes, potAHtoes. You call it natural forces, I call it God's life forces.

I have done so many times referring to the Penrose, et al. quantum processes. Our brain operates by quantum processes in quantum time. That places our consciousness beyond the limits of our macro Reality and accounts for its unconstrained imagination and creativity.

When I encountered God's consciousness in deep meditation and became part of the Oneness, my consciousness became quantum entangled which is why I am never alone since the encounter.

NO. I am asserting ALL the attributes we have discovered through science and extrapolating those we have yet to validate. You and Arq have such an inflated idea of your ability to refute or debunk. How on earth can you refute what science has validated. As for my BELIEFS about God based on my adoption of the avatar meme in the spiritual fossil record (specifically the Christian narrative) you and Arq consistently refuse to parse them from my scientific assertions.

No. I am arguing that atheism and theism are premises based on preference for what "We do not know" about the status of our Reality and consciousness (based on what we do know).
Quote:
This is STILL not the how.
What do you still not understand? What do you think is the "How?"

Old 09-23-2020, 04:04 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
What do you still not understand?
Quote:
Our brain operates by quantum processes in quantum time. That places our consciousness beyond the limits of our macro Reality and accounts for its unconstrained imagination and creativity.
<- This is just an assertion that explains nothing. All you are doing is repeating your conclusion but not showing the alleged work.
Quote:
What do you think is the "How?"
I do not know the 'how', just the probable 'where' based on what we do know. Your assertion is not it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-23-2020 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: Replaced a missing quote tag

Old 09-23-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
<- This is just an assertion that explains nothing. All you are doing is repeating your conclusion but not showing the alleged work.
I do not know the 'how', just the probable 'where' based on what we do know. Your assertion is not it.
All we can discuss here are the implications of the science for religion and spirituality as represented by belief in God. To assist your lack of knowledge of "How" this article designed for a mass audience may help since you seem not to want to try to synthesize your own conclusions.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0116085105.htm

Old 09-23-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not sure who is doing any running from you, but you're hard to avoid no matter where we might turn. Reminds me of those famous lyrics...

"Relax", said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Fortunately, we can check out of this forum any time we like, and no doubt it's that time for me again today.
yuppers ... thats why I stand out in the open and ask people to compare their claims side by side.

for example.

arach: "we are surrounded by, at the very least, a system of life and non life". lets look at how that describes what we see? In terms of religion and spatiality"

vs

learnme "why don't we just call it "vibrant?"

I didn't see your response to the last time I asked you (sorry about that, I couldnt find it). How do they compare to each other?

Old 09-23-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
remember, they don't care what you said, they see only the word "god" so you are wrong.

end of story.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-23-2020 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 09-23-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Quote:
remember, they don't care what you said, they see only the word "god" so you are wrong.
end of story.
Philosophical abstractions are not generally part of the cognitive skills of the masses and apparently that applies to militant atheists as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality