Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2021, 09:44 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No,its because you present an irrational, unreasonable, illogical idea about the spiritual world.
This is an example of what I mean when I say, ***The reason for the "cranking" is just "going with the flow" of all the insults, mocking, and general bashing of those that embrace a Theist viewpoint. Since that's how they like it...I'm cool with it...I actually like it too.***

Mystic's idea's are not unreasonable...they are logic based...and in no way, "irrational".
That's just a biased bash of his concepts...and nothing but a bash.
I understand that y'all are reduced to just that...but please try to offer something more than nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 10:48 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Not only do I now genuinely perceive a God Entity..another concept I extrapolated from your tutelage, that I also genuinely perceive (and why ALL is God to me), is that everything in totality is actually One Entity.
The reason for the "cranking" is just "going with the flow" of all the insults, mocking, and general bashing of those that embrace a Theist viewpoint. Since that's how they like it...I'm cool with it...I actually like it too.
But you were like that before. And just like Arach, you glommed onto Mystic's 'everything is God' argument as it enabled you both to bash atheists without having to prove anything.

But al three of you know that it has to be intelligent, or everything is not God, it's matter/physics. Arach avoids that and argues it's all 'alive'. You ignore it and cite the antiquity of Pantheism as a validation. Mystic simply ignores the matter. Oh - and sneers at the 'atheist default' because he turns logic upside down. Like all Theists, he thinks God is real until disproven.

No, I doubt that you really believe in a god in any meaningful sense, just as a thing to smack atheism with. But like Arach, you may have forgotten that and think you are battling for a theory.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:30 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
This is an example of what I mean when I say, ***The reason for the "cranking" is just "going with the flow" of all the insults, mocking, and general bashing of those that embrace a Theist viewpoint. Since that's how they like it...I'm cool with it...I actually like it too.***

Mystic's idea's are not unreasonable...they are logic based...and in no way, "irrational".
I understand that y'all are reduced to just that...but please try to offer something more than nothing.
Hanni is an atheist? Lol he has me fooled.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:34 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But you were like that before. And just like Arach, you glommed onto Mystic's 'everything is God' argument as it enabled you both to bash atheists without having to prove anything.

But al three of you know that it has to be intelligent, or everything is not God, it's matter/physics. Arach avoids that and argues it's all 'alive'. You ignore it and cite the antiquity of Pantheism as a validation. Mystic simply ignores the matter. Oh - and sneers at the 'atheist default' because he turns logic upside down. Like all Theists, he thinks God is real until disproven.

No, I doubt that you really believe in a god in any meaningful sense, just as a thing to smack atheism with. But like Arach, you may have forgotten that and think you are battling for a theory.
What has really always been at play here Trawk...the influence of organized religion is so strong you now have an indelible image in your head of God as some bearded old man that dwells up in the sky somewhere, with a bunch of harp-playing, naked, chubby, winged babies flying around him...as he calls the shots on what happens to people and the celestial bodies (mainly the Earth), as per whatever his volatile attitude is at the time.
And that Soul/Spirit is some ghostly facsimile of you that rises up out of your lifeless body when you die...then spends the rest of eternity either happily chilling with the bearded guy up above the clouds, or in some fiery pit, burning and screaming, while some red, tailed, horned, monster guy named Satan stabs you with his trident and laughs at your suffering.
Deep down...anything but that is not, "God in any meaningful sense", to you.

When I try to explain to you that ALL (God), not only possess the attribute of intelligence...but IS intelligence, possesses all the knowledge & ability to know at any given time, and is even the concept knowledge & intellect...you just make some spurious claim of that being "debunked" or "sussed" or some such spew.
ALL is not only God...it is even the concept of God, and any & all considerations or contemplations about God that has ever occurred, or will occur.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:34 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Hanni is an atheist? Lol he has me fooled.
Good catch, L8. I thought I was responding to Harry, not Hanni, because that is what he typically posts about my views.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good catch, L8. I thought I was responding to Harry, not Hanni, because that is what he typically posts about my views.
It was Gldn that used Hanni as an example of how nasty atheists were. Anyway if you did that then the proper thing would be to adjust your viewpoint not try and drag someone else into it. Hubris/barbaric

Old 03-08-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It was Gldn that used Hanni as an example of how nasty atheists were. Anyway if you did that then the proper thing would be to adjust your viewpoint not try and drag someone else into it. Hubris/barbaric
It was a mistake, L8. Don't you make mistakes???

Old 03-08-2021, 11:53 AM

16,785 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:

Are you this boring and childish in real life?

Old 03-08-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It was a mistake, L8. Don't you make mistakes???
All the time. Im making one right now.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Are you this boring and childish in real life?
I suspect Gldn is a very interesting person IRL. As an atheist in this forum, I can see how that might be hard for you to see through the adversarial discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality