Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2021, 11:07 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,987,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
An arrogant and smug threat of something we do not believe in.

An arrogant and smug ignorance about the actual science.

An arrogant and smug pretense that they have done proper research. You do not have nine sources.
Oh ye of little, or dare I say, no faith. If you actually have an intellectual curiosity on the subject watch this video. The video was made by a man who has a Youtube channel named The Ten Minute Bible Hour. The linked video is titled 'How we know Jesus and the Early Church existed'. If you only care to watch from the point he cites the nine sources start at about the 8:00 minute mark. You're welcome:

https://youtu.be/vQKxoBpV2NE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh the Christian love just oozes out here. NOT. Would you have people pretend to believe something they cannot believe? Wouldn't God know they are pretending?

Think maybe you need to think about what will happen on your own deathbed and not be so quick to point fingers at anybody else.
You realize you and other non-believers are posting in the Religion and Spirituality forum, don't you? You're another one that needs to watch the video in my last post. What would you have me do, ignore those who make hateful comments about Christians? I'm sure you'd love that so you can TRY to run roughshod over people who believe. Not on my watch MightyQueen of foolishness.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:25 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You realize you and other non-believers are posting in the Religion and Spirituality forum, don't you? You're another one that needs to watch the video in my last post. What would you have me do, ignore those who make hateful comments about Christians? I'm sure you'd love that so you can TRY to run roughshod over people who believe. Not on my watch MightyQueen of foolishness.
LOL.

You're cute. Where have you been hiding all these years?

Old 03-30-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Why don't you ask some of the questions about evolution to the Catholic Church which accepts and even teaches evolution. Evolution is also accepted by a great number of churches and religious people outside the United States. The last Canadian politicans , Stockwell Day, that was a creationist was the laughing stock of the nation, even by very religious people.

Also Christainity is not the only belief in God or a God that exists in this World.

You live in a tiny, narrow World were people are either Fundamentalist Protestants or else Evil doers. You really shouldn't mock evolution when you clearly lack any understanding of how it works. Nor do you understand that the OP was linking to a study of the decline over 20 years. Ohio has not had a shutdown throughout the entire Bush, Obama and Trump administrations.
As I mentioned in my post, in my city there was great participation at churches prior to the pandemic. Church parking lots filled to the brim every Sunday, many overflowing. And as churches have been allowed to have parishioners back with social distancing requirements every seat that is allowed to be filled has been in many churches in the area.

Believe what you want about evolution, I don't for a second believe that reptiles evolved from fish as if they could just start growing feet and start living on land. Its preposterous and defies logic.

When did I say Christianity was the only belief in God that exists in the world? Jews believe in the same God, although most deny Jesus as the son of God and the Messiah to their own detriment. Other than that, I don't see how anyone who is Christian could believe there's another legitimate religion.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:36 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yes, the religious worldwide are growing primarily for two reasons:

Demographics.... where it is growing there is a higher birthrate than in those places it is declining.

Society... good luck not being a Muslim in Iran, Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia.

Besides, this thread is about what is happening in the USA, not world wide.
Yes...every time I see (for the jillionth time) those that celebrate & hope is a downturn of U.S. interest in the very title subject of the forum (strange they would do that)...I note that the main point (downturn/reduction in Religious adherence & practice) being made is being presented in a biased way by just noting a outlier Country...and, in fact, the world is becoming more Religious, not less.
I seek to provide more info & greater perspective to the base subject (people rejecting Religion) of the thread.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL.

You're cute. Where have you been hiding all these years?
Reading the Bible. And what have you been doing, failing in your attempts to catch trout? Maybe that is a sign you should start listening to the fisher of men, our Lord Jesus Christ, rather than trying to be a fisherman yourself. Suggestion from a wise man.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Reading the Bible. And what have you been doing, failing in your attempts to catch trout? Maybe that is a sign you should start listening to the fisher of men, our Lord Jesus Christ, rather than trying to be a fisherman yourself. Suggestion from a wise man.
I hope you hang around. We haven't had a new fundie to play with for ages.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:44 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
I hope you realize that the bible is the claim, not the proof. You know that, right?

Old 03-30-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I hope you realize that the bible is the claim, not the proof. You know that, right?
You're playing with semantics, Norman. Its written history, ignore it at your peril. Just know there are non-Christian sources that confirm Jesus and early Christianity. If you are an intellectually curious person who isn't afraid of hearing the truth and that it may change your misconceptions, please refer back to my post where I included a link to a video you definitely need to watch and listen to very, very carefully.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:53 AM

2,400 posts, read 784,095 times
Quote:
Oh ye of little, or dare I say, no faith. If you actually have an intellectual curiosity on the subject watch this video. The video was made by a man who has a Youtube channel named The Ten Minute Bible Hour. The linked video is titled 'How we know Jesus and the Early Church existed'. If you only care to watch from the point he cites the nine sources start at about the 8:00 minute mark. You're welcome:

https://youtu.be/vQKxoBpV2NE

More interested in Fact than in Faith. Faith is meaningless, emptiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality