Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2021, 08:24 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
There is no other way for them to actually deal with your standards...***What comports with observations?/What provides a mechanism?/What helps to make predictions?/What is the most reliable?***...other than to insult & run away, cry for help, or huddle together & DM.
I don't know if they will actually ever engage on a reasonable, serious, and consistent level.
We left university years ago. You jargonauts are still building sand castles in Kindergarten.

And do not lick that spoon, we have seen what you have been stirring with it.

Now, what was the topic of the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 08:42 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Yeah...from the guy that told other posters, "Personally I think people like you should have your license to breath revoked...You are not fit to be a member of the human race"...because of what they posted.
I put forth my own Theist Beliefs and the support of others to believe however they choose.
It's Y'all that bash and insult. Just look at the profile statements and pictures...many show up bashing Religion and Theism...and proceed to bash, interrogate, harass, and mock Believers, in every possible way.
You've been doing that for as long and as much as anyone in the history of this board.
I have just always called that out.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/43688759-post136.html
If I see someone committing a mugging, and I go give him a beat-down...that does not constitute me assaulting them. I'm defending, not attacking...countering, not leading.
Quit busting on the Believers in a nasty, insulting, mocking way...inquire about Beliefs with respect and decency.
If you don't like what you KNOW is written in the Holy Books (the most epic and prolific Books in the history of humankind), and adherents adopting those positions...state that in a decent, respectful manner, and then leave it at that.
In life, you have to deal with a lot you may not like. In this Country (the U S.), right now, there are things that are legal and permitted that people endorse & do, that I think is the most horrible, barbaric, evil things possible. But I am not on sites for it going off on those people that view it differently than me.
Why don't you just start making all your posts this simple:

" (as in ditto)

Old 06-30-2021, 09:28 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why don't you just start making all your posts this simple:

" (as in ditto)
Most kinda are. 1/3 are Cut & Paste (with maybe a couple tweaks) of previous posts.
Some I've posted dozens of times....mostly as new members come on.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:24 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
There is no other way for them to actually deal with your standards...***What comports with observations?/What provides a mechanism?/What helps to make predictions?/What is the most reliable?***...other than to insult & run away, cry for help, or huddle together & DM.
I don't know if they will actually ever engage on a reasonable, serious, and consistent level.
I wonder if the great and all powerful had to send a DM to the troops before posting? Or did they freelance?

The reason that everything not related to a deity and bad religion is strawman is because they are not here to evaluate claims. the are here to address religion only. If it weren't true, strawman could face me down and not hide. There would be no reason to report me for using basic science.

In the context of "We must first consider how a theist could use this and make atheism harder to sell." everything they say makes sense.

Its just that when we compare what we are saying to "How well does it match what we see." ...well now ... they fail. hence the liberal use of restrictions and name calling.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I wonder if the great and all powerful had to send a DM to the troops before posting? Or did they freelance?

The reason that everything not related to a deity and bad religion is strawman is because they are not here to evaluate claims. the are here to address religion only. If it weren't true, strawman could face me down and not hide. There would be no reason to report me for using basic science.

In the context of "We must first consider how a theist could use this and make atheism harder to sell." everything they say makes sense.

Its just that when we compare what we are saying to "How well does it match what we see." ...well now ... they fail. hence the liberal use of restrictions and name calling.
Arach...you forgot to DM me, Email me, FaceTime, and hit up my secret Snapchat...oh, and, rep me as much as possible. HaHaHaHa!

Old 07-01-2021, 11:17 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
We left university years ago. You jargonauts are still building sand castles in Kindergarten.

And do not lick that spoon, we have seen what you have been stirring with it.

Now, what was the topic of the OP?
This^^^

Old 07-01-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
well, gld, we are "fighters". But what we see is that some of the major players (not all) here are more then willing to push others but then cry when it comes back. We have word for them where I grew up.

That being said. We will fight and we do fight. S and P are two good examples of people that are very limited in what they actually can un pack. They have zero issue with poking people, especially when they they think they have the upper hand. But they clearly have nothing when the person isn't bothered, even a little bit, by the poke. We just are not that impressed when they cry for help and run behind their friends.

But still ... me, you, and mystic ... can be abrasive. But I think that's because they never really showed anything but fight religion, private DM's, and they don't need evidence for their beliefs but others do. And I see no real reason to even give them any. They are shallow, hostile, and dangerous. Out side of fight religion and no deity ... they are almost always incomplete.
This post, as are the great majority of your emanations, is just plain RUBBISH. Nothing more. You flatter yourself if you think otherwise.Disingenuous BS at BeSt. They serve no purpose whatsoever.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
lmao ... sure kid ...

You got me beat ... lmao; you sure do ..
You beat yourself - repeatedly.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
This post, as are the great majority of your emanations, is just plain RUBBISH. Nothing more. You flatter yourself if you think otherwise.Disingenuous BS at BeSt. They serve no purpose whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
You beat yourself - repeatedly.
The only thing missing from these claims is any citations, evidence, data, or logic.
But ya don't have any...so, we just the usual nasty, vulgar insults and attacks based upon emotional headtrips from you.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:52 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Yeah...from the guy that told other posters, "Personally I think people like you should have your license to breath revoked...You are not fit to be a member of the human race"...because of what they posted.
I put forth my own Theist Beliefs and the support of others to believe however they choose.
It's Y'all that bash and insult. Just look at the profile statements and pictures...many show up bashing Religion and Theism...and proceed to bash, interrogate, harass, and mock Believers, in every possible way.
You've been doing that for as long and as much as anyone in the history of this board.
I have just always called that out.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/43688759-post136.html
If I see someone committing a mugging, and I go give him a beat-down...that does not constitute me assaulting them. I'm defending, not attacking...countering, not leading.
Quit busting on the Believers in a nasty, insulting, mocking way...inquire about Beliefs with respect and decency.
If you don't like what you KNOW is written in the Holy Books (the most epic and prolific Books in the history of humankind), and adherents adopting those positions...state that in a decent, respectful manner, and then leave it at that.
In life, you have to deal with a lot you may not like. In this Country (the U S.), right now, there are things that are legal and permitted that people endorse & do, that I think is the most horrible, barbaric, evil things possible. But I am not on sites for it going off on those people that view it differently than me.
You still don't get it do you?

GldnRule posted this in 2016.. "The Atheist Religion is just as nasty, biased, and hateful as most any Religion has ever been.
In some areas of the World it is the most hateful ideology on the scene."

Atheism is NOT a religion, is NOT hateful, has no dogma...It is simply the non belief in any and all gods.

You on the other hand are a selective atheist in regards to the gods you do not believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality