Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 01:33 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You still don't get it do you?

GldnRule posted this in 2016.. "The Atheist Religion is just as nasty, biased, and hateful as most any Religion has ever been.
In some areas of the World it is the most hateful ideology on the scene."

Atheism is NOT a religion, is NOT hateful, has no dogma...It is simply the non belief in any and all gods.

You on the other hand are a selective atheist in regards to the gods you do not believe in.
It's you that doesn't "get it"...and you never have. That is why you have put so many precious hours of your life into bashing and insulting Religious People (even declaring you wanted them dead) that hold an opposing belief to your own.
Courts have ruled Atheism a Religion in the U.S as respects the 1st Amendment of the Constitution.
The way Atheism is "nasty, biased, & hateful", is the same way all Religions can be. Some people co-opt certain concepts, or objections to concepts, put forth by proponents of a Ideology...and they then take a negative view (and at times, actions) toward those that do not agree.
Thus the moniker "Militant' Atheists, for those that put out a serious negative vibe toward those with a contradictory point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 05:12 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You still don't get it do you?

GldnRule posted this in 2016.. "The Atheist Religion is just as nasty, biased, and hateful as most any Religion has ever been.
In some areas of the World it is the most hateful ideology on the scene."

Atheism is NOT a religion, is NOT hateful, has no dogma...It is simply the non belief in any and all gods.

You on the other hand are a selective atheist in regards to the gods you do not believe in.
I would say any body that stands behind the statement that we don't need any evidence to support a belief is a "religion-ist type thinker. They are basically supporting blind faith. Weather atheist or theist is not really the primary concern. well, to any non religion-ist anyway.

Those that willfully limit the evidence allowed to be brought to bear to evaluate beliefs are worse than your average born fundy think type. They are far more dangerous than your average person. They knowingly think about it and actively choose to suppress information to deceive people.

Its not based on belief, not even a little bit.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:48 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I would say any body that stands behind the statement that we don't need any evidence to support a belief is a "religion-ist type thinker. They are basically supporting blind faith. Weather atheist or theist is not really the primary concern. well, to any non religion-ist anyway.

Those that willfully limit the evidence allowed to be brought to bear to evaluate beliefs are worse than your average born fundy think type. They are far more dangerous than your average person. They knowingly think about it and actively choose to suppress information to deceive people.

Its not based on belief, not even a little bit.
Thank you for a post that makes sense and isn't an attack on me or others here. Thank you, thank you, thank you.!

Old 07-01-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Thank you for a post that makes sense and isn't an attack on me or others here. Thank you, thank you, thank you.!

My over all statements apply to both your atheism and my atheism. Yours is only about you. We can assume that when we move out of the bubble of "fight religion", disagreeing me means you are evil.

Which means you have to get on that. Fight the image in the mirror first.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:09 AM

And the turmoil goes on, and on........

Old 07-02-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
And the turmoil goes on, and on........
lol turmoil ... Thats all you got? The question is are you thinking on your own or are getting subluminal messages?

Old 07-02-2021, 09:01 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
lol turmoil ... Thats all you got? The question is are you thinking on your own or are getting subluminal messages?
Whatever "messages" he (and many of the others) is getting...they revolve heavily around feces. "Pieces of" it...and that from male bovine.
So many of their posts mention that...along with describing others that hold different Beliefs/Views by vulgar invectives (even disgusting sexual fetishes) and insults...and little else. What's up with that?
Of course...I am being "condescending", "objectionable", "smarmy", "pompous", "arrogant", "hollow", a "ignoramus", a fool (pyrite), "stirring" the aforementioned feces, and "causing turmoil"....for noting that. Who knew?!!

Old 07-02-2021, 09:35 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Whatever "messages" he (and many of the others) is getting...they revolve heavily around feces. "Pieces of" it...and that from male bovine.
So many of their posts mention that...along with describing others that hold different Beliefs/Views by vulgar invectives (even disgusting sexual fetishes) and insults...and little else. What's up with that?
Of course...I am being "condescending", "objectionable", "smarmy", "pompous", "arrogant", "hollow", a "ignoramus", a fool (pyrite), "stirring" the aforementioned feces, and "causing turmoil"....for noting that. Who knew?!!
We sometimes use naughty words and phrases to accurately describe your posts, but you think it is in order to lie about us in every post. It is called pay back.

The question is, do you actually have a honest, rational argument for anything? Such as the OP?

Old 07-02-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
My over all statements apply to both your atheism and my atheism. Yours is only about you. We can assume that when we move out of the bubble of "fight religion", disagreeing me means you are evil.

Which means you have to get on that. Fight the image in the mirror first.

I don't fight religion, I illuminate its falsity.

YOU, OTOH, LIE through your teeth about people like me.

And, if I DID fight religion, what of it? You say that as if it is an invalid thing to do.

And besides, I'm a Vampire, I don't cast an image in a mirror!!!!.

One more thing. You claim to be educated, but you repeatedly take compound words and break them up into the individual elements. It shows a distinct lack of education and/or intellect.

Latest example is above in blue. Should be "overall", but you get it wrong again, but expect to be taken seriously. Clue: It isn't going to happen.

You are, however, correct in this. I refer to MY atheism as that is what is normal. I don't comment or try to explain or critic YOUR atheism. That is for you to do, and leave the other's atheism to them, as it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. They don't need or want you speaking for them. You hold no Patent, Trademark, Copyright or other form of Intellectual Property rights to atheism, so I suggest you stop posting as if you did.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are doing the forum a grave dis-service.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:05 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
I don't fight religion, I illuminate its falsity.

YOU, OTOH, LIE through your teeth about people like me.

And, if I DID fight religion, what of it? You say that as if it is an invalid thing to do.

And besides, I'm a Vampire, I don't cast an image in a mirror!!!!.

One more thing. You claim to be educated, but you repeatedly take compound words and break them up into the individual elements. It shows a distinct lack of education and/or intellect.

Latest example is above in blue. Should be "overall", but you get it wrong again, but expect to be taken seriously. Clue: It isn't going to happen.

You are, however, correct in this. I refer to MY atheism as that is what is normal. I don't comment or try to explain or critic YOUR atheism. That is for you to do, and leave the other's atheism to them, as it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. They don't need or want you speaking for them. You hold no Patent, Trademark, Copyright or other form of Intellectual Property rights to atheism, so I suggest you stop posting as if you did.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are doing the forum a grave dis-service.
As I have said before, I don't care for your general posting style, but I do find myself sometimes agreeing with the gist of your comments.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with fighting religion, if one does it legally. As for me, religion is welcome to continue to exist as long as it knows its place.

Yes, repeatedly lying about what another poster says is simply not appropriate, especially after being corrected multiple times.

Yes, the other poster does "hold no Patent, Trademark, Copyright or other form of Intellectual Property rights to atheism". But on the other hand, once one posts something in this forum, it's fair game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality