Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 09:48 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
The universe is 100% fact.
Pantheist calls the universe "god".
Pantheist god is 100% fact.

yeah, although I lack belief in calling it a god thing, their belief makes some sense.
This is why I'm trying to spend less time considering your comments...

You say you are an atheist yet you forever want to argue how belief in a god thing makes some sense. Of course you will also accuse anyone who questions this sort of rationale as "anti-religion," but I'll pay that no matter as well.

How in God's name (pun intended) can you be an atheist and yet forever tout the merits of believing in a god thing? As an atheist this makes no sense to me. From a critical thinking standpoint, atheist or otherwise, this makes no sense to me.

I suppose if the subject were the belief the Earth is flat instead, you might argue we should admit those beliefs make some sense in the same way, although we lack a belief in calling it a flat Earth.

AKA "twisted pretzel logic!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 03:30 AM

35 posts, read 10,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, I would also agree. Religion is an ideal, which can be realistic in some cases, but even when it is the way to do what is right not only can it not be stated correctly when described in many different ways or in more words than necessary, but it restricts one's sight. Just remember to have good-heartedness, which influences right intention, at the core of what you do. This will ensure that you 'can never be wrong in what you do' or at least as right as you are going to ever be, even if you have already been destined to live a life in prison which as you stated is not in your control, and most other people's control but which is not the same as nobody's control. It just depends on how others' intentions compare to your's, nothing in this world is without reason. Why should a person who has been 'better than God at being the best' suffer more than what they expect or others' expect/wish for them?. This is purely down to that person's real intentions throughout their life and the intentions of everybody else in this world. Anybody who is living life on the streets is expected to be suffering, however they came optimise their ability to cope with sheer determination to be good-hearted and clever/wise, but not bad-hearted or devious. Anything else is 'luck', in other words part of one's role in life.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhandharayam View Post
Yes, I would also agree. Religion is an ideal, which can be realistic in some cases, but even when it is the way to do what is right not only can it not be stated correctly when described in many different ways or in more words than necessary, but it restricts one's sight. Just remember to have good-heartedness, which influences right intention, at the core of what you do. This will ensure that you 'can never be wrong in what you do' or at least as right as you are going to ever be, even if you have already been destined to live a life in prison which as you stated is not in your control, and most other people's control but which is not the same as nobody's control. It just depends on how others' intentions compare to your's, nothing in this world is without reason. Why should a person who has been 'better than God at being the best' suffer more than what they expect or others' expect/wish for them?. This is purely down to that person's real intentions throughout their life and the intentions of everybody else in this world. Anybody who is living life on the streets is expected to be suffering, however they came optimise their ability to cope with sheer determination to be good-hearted and clever/wise, but not bad-hearted or devious. Anything else is 'luck', in other words part of one's role in life.
So...

We can be good-hearted. Strive to anyway. Without any need for religion?

Wish the person living life on the street could see their way off as simply as you seem to believe, but I really think it's far more complicated and problematical than that, or we would have far fewer people living in poverty and on the streets than we do!

To so badly minimize or simplify such a serious problem is a big mistake and something of an insult if you ask me. At a minimum way to little an understanding about what has so many people barely surviving world-wide. Though I sense you mean well...

Old 07-14-2021, 03:09 PM

23,172 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Over the years I have witnessed many miracles one of which was a woman that had scoliosis, we witnessed that in the name of Jesus her spine was completely healed, and been years later even though she had since had a serious fall did not reinjure that spine.
I have witnessed countless healings in Jesus' name through it my life, and God intervenes in my life almost daily.
It is not religious knowledge nor people you rub elbows with but a relationship with God, desperately seeking His influence. I have known of little children with the faith to see teeth healed among themselves and others they pray for.
If one holds onto the blindness rebellion fosters one may never see God's intervention.
Miracles can happen, but that doesnt mean anything, and with enough faith, a body can heal itself of many things. If somebody had the same spirit that was given to the disciples, you wouldn't be having this conversation because if just one.person had the holy spirit, they could literally ask anything in the name of Jesus with no doubts.

Those disciples walked into cities and villages raising the dead, healing the blind, the deaf and even leprosy.

Modern Christian's cant do anything good or bad, you have no power, and God is not going to answer anything you ask.

" But Jesus, we taught your name in the streets and did miracles in your name."

Remember those people sent to outer darkness?

Those Egyptians did miracles also in the days of Moses, and then there is Elijah.

Elijah called fire down from heaven, he commanded the wind and he caused earthquakes from sheer fairh, but what did it have to do with God?

God told Elijah that he wasnt in his wind, that he wasnt in his fire, and he wasnt in his earthquakes because he acted from his father Satan.

Telling people that you done went and saw you some miracles is not a witness to an unbeliever, it's just insulting is all

If you really believed that believers and others had the same holy spirit that the disciples had, then by God, why dont they go down to the children's cancer unit in Houston down at St Jo?

Why dont they have compassion for the dying child.

Instead recieving compassion, the parents of those dying children are desperate for any kind of hope, and what Christian's offer is false, insulting hope.

You could line up 50 million Christian's all falsley claiming to have the holy spirit, and each and everyone of them go into fasting in their prayer rooms for a month over just one child, just one name, and what's going to happen?

The child is going to die, and that is extremely unfortunate to the parent when they had the prayers of 50 million.

Dead, and when the child lays dead, what do the Christians say then?

" Well, it was God's will, that child was so loved that God called them home, some things were meant to be "

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-14-2021 at 03:27 PM..

Old 07-14-2021, 03:31 PM

23,172 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhandharayam View Post
I met a couple people in life who were always happy, always kind, always considerate, always uplifting, damn I hate those jerks, how do people live like that? Happiness is way overated, and that positive outlook they share, I could just horsewhip them for acting they way, its irritating

Old 07-16-2021, 09:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
This is why I'm trying to spend less time considering your comments...

You say you are an atheist yet you forever want to argue how belief in a god thing makes some sense. Of course you will also accuse anyone who questions this sort of rationale as "anti-religion," but I'll pay that no matter as well.

How in God's name (pun intended) can you be an atheist and yet forever tout the merits of believing in a god thing? As an atheist this makes no sense to me. From a critical thinking standpoint, atheist or otherwise, this makes no sense to me.

I suppose if the subject were the belief the Earth is flat instead, you might argue we should admit those beliefs make some sense in the same way, although we lack a belief in calling it a flat Earth.

AKA "twisted pretzel logic!"
Yes, I know learnme. I said that very early to you here at CD talking to you. I just pulled off of you because back then you were not openly disrespectful to me until recently.

You are worried a "make excuses" and your creed. I only worry about how a claim matches observation.

You, can't belief I am an atheist because I don't answer to atheism. I never think "as an atheist I should say this". Or "If I say this, isn't that making excuses for them." They never cross my mind...

So Yeah, I wonder who is who who myself. I do know one thing, I don't answer to your creed. In fact, that creed tells me about you. And, shows me a little about myself.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know learnme. I said that very early to you here at CD talking to you. I just pulled off of you because back then you were not openly disrespectful to me until recently.

You are worried a "make excuses" and your creed. I only worry about how a claim matches observation.

You, can't belief I am an atheist because I don't answer to atheism. I never think "as an atheist I should say this". Or "If I say this, isn't that making excuses for them." They never cross my mind...

So Yeah, I wonder who is who who myself. I do know one thing, I don't answer to your creed. In fact, that creed tells me about you. And, shows me a little about myself.
Is the request we part company disrespectful or too much to ask of you?

Old 07-16-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Is the request we part company disrespectful or too much to ask of you?
Not at all, you really have no other choice. Bringing in that creed and you worrying about how it fits atheism, and how you feel it remonetizes a statement I see no other other alternative for you to break ranks and withdrawal.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Not at all, you really have no other choice. Bringing in that creed and you worrying about how it fits atheism, and how you feel it remonetizes a statement I see no other other alternative for you to break ranks and withdrawal.
From you. From you. Otherwise I'm not sure about any ranks or me breaking from them. Beats "running away" in any case. Another of your favorite silly accusations...

I just comment about what inspires me to do so is all. I don't need you or anyone else trying to figure out why, but okay! You go your way, and I'll go mine. Simple as that. Nothing more and nothing less.

Adios!

Old 07-16-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
From you. From you. Otherwise I'm not sure about any ranks or me breaking from them. Beats "running away" in any case. Another of your favorite silly accusations...

I just comment about what inspires me to do so is all. I don't need you or anyone else trying to figure out why, but okay! You go your way, and I'll go mine. Simple as that. Nothing more and nothing less.

Adios!
lmao ... I only use your post. I rarely cut out post without being very clear it was snipped. But whatever.

lmao, not a real atheist ... thats a silly accusation by you. Unless, of course, you tell me what a real atheist thinks ... oh right that creed. My bad. True atheist answer to religion. They have to consistently remind themselves they don't believe. over and over and over and over ... .

All I do is respond to what inspires me ... I just am less inspired by atheism then you. I usually am inspired by observation and not a creed. The universe is cool. That tends to make me look like traitor to guys like you.

Lmao, I still remember you saying "you are giving them excuses", I think I laughed for an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality