Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 12:03 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Do you personally ever act on an intuition?
Of course i do. I also make sone stupid mstakes.

Yes i admit i am not a perfect human being only using rational thought and invesrung alk decisions throughly before acting.

If i am driving down a county road and i get some intitution that there must be some great photographs tp br made by goingbdownbthat road. But what is the cost to me if my ibtution is wrobg? Nothing at all or maybe a slight waste of time.

What was the cost pf theiribtition of tjose that thoughtvthey would never ever get covid and they did and died? Much higher than mine on takung a road that resulted in a small waste of time.

On anything importand i will use my intution only as a starting point in making a decision. I am not goingbto allow a surgeon to remove one of my organs based just on his intution. I will not make inportant life decisions like quitibg a job and moving to a different country based on my intution that it will be better. Picking up a tub of ice cream based ob my intution that my wife woyld aporeacitate that is minor.

And i never would use my intution to decide on a religious belief or on which sciences i choose to accept and those to deny.

I hope that satisfies your curiousity on me ad intuition. As i dont understand why you even asked me that questiin at all. Guess ccause i was trying to understand exactly what AA,meant in a post.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:16 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
But is it still being accepted as some ones intution or is it being accepted because it was cross checked andvshown worthy?

Of course i realize that even scientists use their intution as the start of exlpirong concepts. But are they or even your post advovating that people act uin intution? Im not clear what you really meant
I have no idea why this is so hard to. The initial post implied intuition is worthless. The poster even corrected themselves when it was pointed out that it was a knee jerk reaction to a theist.

All I am saying is that it isn't worthless. "balance".

Look at creation.

one type of deity
pantheist type: the system is vastly more complex and some thing complex is going on
rebirth/reincarnation
aliveness
not alive
we are the most complex thing
deny everything said
don't have say anything (including just telling others they are wrong)
add any others I am missing

Put them in a relative reliability order from most to least. Tell us why you placed where you did. Use your intuition to do that. There is intuition involved because nobody knows the answer for sure.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I have no idea why this is so hard to. The initial post implied intuition is worthless. The poster even corrected themselves when it was pointed out that it was a knee jerk reaction to a theist.

All I am saying is that it isn't worthless. "balance".

Look at creation.

one type of deity
pantheist type: the system is vastly more complex and some thing complex is going on
rebirth/reincarnation
aliveness
not alive
deny everything said

Put them in a relative reliability order from most to least. Tell us why you placed where you did. Use your intuition to do that.
You are making a simple question for clarification into something more than it was.

Sorry for wasting your time. I am now left to guessing what you actually meant. If i need to guess im better off to ignore what you posted to begin with.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
You are making a simple question for clarification into something more than it was.

Sorry for wasting your time. I am now left to guessing what you actually meant. If i need to guess im better off to ignore what you posted to begin with.
yes, there is no doubt you are better off ignoring me. When you talk to me you will need to bring something more to table than generalizations and blanket statements.

When you speak to me we are going to apply what you are saying to more than you don't like religion. We are going to apply them to actual claims.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:32 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:

In which post did I say that? Be specific. Post number.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
yes, there is no doubt you are better off ignoring me. When you talk to me you will need to bring something more to table than generalizations and blanket statements.

When you speak to me we are going to apply what you are saying to more than you don't like religion. We are going to apply them to actual claims.
Which generalization or blanket syatement did i use in my post? I simply asked if by using intuitiins after they were tested are they still considered i it still condidered usin intuition. Nothing more nothing less. Anything else you posted is on your mind not mine.

Yes i should consider keeping you on ignore. If you cannot answer a simply question for clarification of your statement with civility and without making false statements about me then there is no purpose for any communications.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:05 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,059,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In which post did I say, "NOBODY accepts intelligent design anymore, it's a dead horse"?
YOU didn't, I was posting some examples and remembrances over the years here on C-D where posters can tend to place parameters/ownership/limitations/etc. on the term I.D. My opinion being the term is owned by the public/is public domain and can be used by anyone at any time to express their thoughts on life/consciousness/etc. not necessarily being a random act and having some intelligence and/or design behind it.

Quote:
I'm not very clear what a post about "Creation who cares" has to do with Donald Trump, heterosexuals, rainbow suspenders, Irish Leprechauns, pots of gold, or rainbows.
They were two examples of how someone or some group, etc. can attempt to commandeer/adopt/take over/own/etc. a word/term/theme/image/etc. The examples given to be associated with my thoughts and observations on the term "intelligent design".

Now your in Arizona if I'm not mistaken so maybe less rainbow flags/stickers/t-shirts/etc. being displayed there in the month of June as here on Long Island New York so I can see how you may have missed that one.

Quote:
Several of your recent posts in this thread seem to involve desperation and grasping, as did your post of --at least as stated strongly implied -- conspiracy thinking.
I disagree...

Old 07-27-2021, 02:07 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
We all sometimes act on intuition. Many of our good decisions are based on intuition. So are many of our bad decisions. Intuition is not reliable.
By that logic: Since, sometimes scientific research yields "good" data, and sometimes it yields "bad" data...it, "is not reliable".
There is no perfect and infallible method of figuring things out...since imperfect humans apply any and all methods.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Which generalization or blanket syatement did i use in my post? I simply asked if by using intuitiins after they were tested are they still considered i it still condidered usin intuition. Nothing more nothing less. Anything else you posted is on your mind not mine.

Yes i should consider keeping you on ignore. If you cannot answer a simply question for clarification of your statement with civility and without making false statements about me then there is no purpose for any communications.
We been at this too long badland to play games with each other.

Using intuition involves nothing more than commonsense. If you think you are "middle of road", not controlled by how you feel about religion, this convo ends right there.

Intuition is not "pointless" but needs to be crossed checked. It ends right there as it has been said.

Badland, we are not going to discuss something like using commonsense with intuition without actual examples of some claims. You can run around with the dogma following atheist's that bite on "I don't have to say anything." But I am more of a science/engineer that looks at what we have in front us.

apply what ytou are saying about "intuition" on the claims we have on creation:

one type of deity
rebirth/reincarnation
aliveness
not alive
deny everything said

Or go run and hide with the gang of "we aint man enough to say anything but "you theist" are wrong" over and over and over and over again.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
In which post did I say that? Be specific. Post number.
lmao ... typical tactic by you. Like now you are going to try and say the meaning of my post is lessened because there are no "exact, to the letter" wording. lmao. to funny, you religion-ist type atheist are hoot.

This is over phet ... the moment you correct yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality