Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?
Heaven 30 81.08%
Hell 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 02:36 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Is it true or not, based on the verses you quoted Heaven is strickly a Christian place or belief? And only open to Christian s and those who regardless of their own religion accept Jesus as their saviour so in essence Christians? Which would make them Christians then.

So obvious myself and all.my forefathers could possibily go to Heaven no matter how good or religious they were but they stayed Jews or were atheists. I do notvknow if they were good or bad people as the records of oppressed people usually either are never created or never kept

Can believers not understand how a non Christian conceives this concept as the opposite of a fair, just and loving God? Did Jesus. Mary, Mary,s mother and grandparents not allowed into Heaven?

If Heaven is for in facto only for Christians can the same also be said for Hell?

And for Baptistfundie these questions are not intended as hate upon your God but for the purpose of trying to understand those who believe differently from myself
Yes Badlander, a fundamentalist Christian believes that unless you have Jesus Christ as your personal Lord & Savior and believe with all your heart that He died for your sins on the Cross and rose again three days later, you will not see Heaven.

A fundamentalist Christian also believes that not only will the nonbeliever not see Heaven, he/she will burn in a lake of fire for eternity. The is NO middle ground. Every person on Earth is subject to one or the other.

Once again, this is what fundamentalist Christians believe. I was raised in this type of home. It was not pleasant. My mother still regularly breaks down in tears and cries saying over and over "I don't want to see my only Son burn in hell for eternity". It hurts to watch, because I realize it is a mental disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 03:14 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
Of course nobody knows this answer for sure
Wrong. If you don't "know" that you're saved, then you most surely aren't saved. But if you do "know," then, as Jesus said, Satan does not cast out Satan.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:28 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Yes Badlander, a fundamentalist Christian believes that unless you have Jesus Christ as your personal Lord & Savior and believe with all your heart that He died for your sins on the Cross and rose again three days later, you will not see Heaven.

A fundamentalist Christian also believes that not only will the nonbeliever not see Heaven, he/she will burn in a lake of fire for eternity. The is NO middle ground. Every person on Earth is subject to one or the other.

Once again, this is what fundamentalist Christians believe. I was raised in this type of home. It was not pleasant. My mother still regularly breaks down in tears and cries saying over and over "I don't want to see my only Son burn in hell for eternity". It hurts to watch, because I realize it is a mental disorder.
I understand. But a bon fundamentalist Christian view of who or how one gets to Heaven is? And any Christian views that are different?

As this poll was not in the Christianity sub forum?

Old 09-02-2021, 03:48 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Yeah, this raises a couple of points. First, this is more applicable in the Christianity forum. Secondly, the OP hasn't come back and doesn't appear to be interested in this thread he started. Probably just some joke he laid down.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:52 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yeah, this raises a couple of points. First, this is more applicable in the Christianity forum. Secondly, the OP hasn't come back and doesn't appear to be interested in this thread he started. Probably just some joke he laid down.
Pretty sure the OP is a Muslim.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:54 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Pretty sure the OP is a Muslim.
Muslim jokester? Okay, thanks for the note.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:02 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
Heaven or hell is your life on earth.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:06 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Well, I'm in hell at the moment, so...
This. Idc if it's hell or heaven if I die as long as this journey on earth ends.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:30 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
This. Idc if it's hell or heaven if I die as long as this journey on earth ends.
That sounds so sad.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:56 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
Hello!

Based off your deeds and religiousness, do you think you will go to heaven or hell? Of course nobody knows this answer for sure, but I thought it would be a fun poll!
Well, even if my destiny were determined solely by my "deeds and religiousness," I'd say I expect to go to Heaven. I think I'm a pretty decent person who tries to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Actually, though, I don't think it really works that way. I believe in a God who wants every last one of us to return to His presence someday. And I believe He is going to do everything He can -- except to exert force -- to see that happen. It's just going to be a longer and harder process for some than for others. He's patient, though. Much more patient than we are. He just wants us to learn to love as He loves, and that's not an easy thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality