Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 04:19 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It's pretty well-documented that NDEs are populated with beings and experiences that are informed by the faith of the person having them. Non-Christians experience the afterlife their religion tells them to expect. People who live in terror of hellthreat because they're exposed to those kinds of sects, can have negative NDEs involving being tormented in flames or by sadistic demons.

It is much harder to find people who are not significantly influenced by cultural or religious beliefs they live around, but somewhere I'd be unsurprised that there's a person who lived under a rock all their life and was incurious about such topics, who simply saw a bright light and a tunnel with nothing in it.

The ones I find intriguing are those where the person doesn't describe flying down a tunnel or a bright light. They say they just woke up in a white room with no walls. I'd prefer to not fly down a tunnel. I hate speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality