Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 10:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, to my knowledge no one has ever asked for an amputated limb to regrow, which shows us that even a devout believer like my late double amputee father understands that there are some things that there would be no point in praying for. On some level, most people must know that a healing of a fatal illness will not occur, either.
thats a good point, which has been brought up before in these threads...has there EVER been a case where something as serious as an amputee, has 'miraculously' re grown their limbs after praying for it? ( or something else that is equally miraculous/un explainable by science)? I cannot think of any...can anyone else?

Thats seems a bit suspicious that God would only grant requests/prayers if it was not 'too miraculous' or too un explainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 10:29 AM

13,624 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
thats a good point, which has been brought up before in these threads...has there EVER been a case where something as serious as an amputee, has 'miraculously' re grown their limbs after praying for it? ( or something else that is equally miraculous/un explainable by science)? I cannot think of any...can anyone else?

Thats seems a bit suspicious that God would only grant requests/prayers if it was not 'too miraculous' or too un explainable.
Miracle of Calanda

Old 02-03-2022, 10:41 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Because he commands it, and he wants us to. He wants us to be his people and he will be our God. There should be a relationship there.
Actually, where does god command that? Praise the lord is about all I know.
But if even so, as I said - sure, god will ensure continuous energy flow for feeding purpose. Or, maintenance of its existence. It is quite understood.
Problem is, y’all have no idea, what egregore are and how they operate. Maybe, ask Knight Templars? Baphomet, they praised, was egregore created by them and for their gain.
Just remember one thing. If you do not know about something, does not mean, that something does not exist.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:43 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
It's not any different than showing attention and focus on a loved one, vs. saying they know we love them and just taking the lazy and easy-way-out approach and not doing anything. Time and attention count.

And it goes beyond what is said/asked in the prayers. The willful, voluntary time set aside with just God reveals much about the person, as much as with any important relationship. It's not about theology or empty lip service; actions count. And anything discussed or asked during that exclusive time for would be a bonus.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-03-2022 at 11:08 AM..

Old 02-03-2022, 10:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Interesting, its the first time Ive heard of this strangely!

Why has the church not jumped all over this? Seems like they would want to promote or use this as an example.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Actually, where does god command that? Praise the lord is about all I know.
Matthew 6 is the Lord's Prayer, for one. It's assumed we would be praying.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:48 AM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
We pray because God tells us to pray. God doesn't need us to pray, our prayers don't change God, he's already foreordained everything that will happen. We're the ones who need it. Our prayers change us.
This is the closest answer. Prayer is NOT for God in any way. It is entirely for us and most specifically for our state of mind in dealing with the vicissitudes of this worldly existence. What most people forget when asking God to change what happens here is that WE have Dominion here on earth by God's Sovereign Will and God does not renege on His Will.

God is NOT Santa Claus or a Genie. ON EARTH, we are IT!! If anything is going to be done about what happens here, it is entirely up to us, period. However, we DO have more power than we may realize especially when we act as sincerely united prayer warriors. God is here as the Comforter to help each of us cope so we can overcome and endure to the end. Expecting anything more is just wishful thinking.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:53 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Matthew 6 is the Lord's Prayer, for one. It's assumed we would be praying.
Assuming is one thing. Commanding is something very different.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:11 AM

13,624 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Interesting, its the first time Ive heard of this strangely!

Why has the church not jumped all over this? Seems like they would want to promote or use this as an example.
It's an approved miracle. There are countless others more dramatic than this one.

Does it cause you to believe that the Catholic faith is true? Do you want to become a Catholic now after hearing about Calanda? No? Then what would be the point in "jumping all over it" or promoting it?

Old 02-03-2022, 11:19 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
A great many miracles didn't occur because of unbelief.
Many are in those positions not really wanting healing which might remove their eligibility for free services and extra attention.
Some have grown attached to their condition and don't actually want healing.
God is fully aware of our thoughts and our motives. If we say one thing and do another we lie. when our speech matches our actions, this is attractive.
It is not just our speech with God but our speech at all times.
Jesus said that every word we speak even idle conversation, we are held accountable for.
Jesus is the Word of God. His speech made all that exists, John 1; that is how important our speech is to Him.
By speaking, expressing, we proclaim what is in us.
Jesus said what goes into a man does not defile him but what comes out of his mouth.
I learned long ago that speaking out loud had a lot more meaning than we think.
People convince themself to be sick or well by their speech. though facts may disagree the symptoms can be generated by one's mind. Much like hypnosis, one can be convinced that they are being burnt with blisters and all and only be touched by ice.
Unlike hypnosis real healing does have effects beyond the mind's capability to act. People with goiters and cists and other growths have disappeared in the name of Jesus.
I watched a woman's spine straighten out from scoliosis and another person's leg lengthened an inch to match the other.
I have seen these people years later and their healing remained.
Most of those that receive healing have asked to be prayed for. There is some humility that needs to be addressed within one's self to break down the walls of unbelief and there also needs to be some determination/desperation invested as well.
Matthew 15;24- Jesus' primary agenda was to Isreal, Gentiles are not at the same level of interest.
You may not like it but God does have His preferences, and though I am not a jew I earnestly seek after God's intervention and direction in my life often.
God does not owe me, I owe Him Big. And the longer I live the more I owe Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality