Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 10:10 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,663,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It is not strange that your straw man and deflection does not address the point. You had to twist the argument so much, one must ask why you fear atheists for simply not believing dubious claims. is it because you know all your claims ARE dubious?
Again with the "Strawman" spew.
cb doesn't fear the Atheists...she is steamrolling you all!!
Hey...did you make sure to report the post mentioning all the political stuff & abortion? Better hurry up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 10:18 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times
Raw raw raw cheers for the one side!

Hip hip hooray for the other!

How very sophomoric. I can't take it anymore...

Old 06-29-2022, 10:24 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No you aren't. My comprehension skills are just fine. Your post misrepresented what mordant had posted in at least twp ways.
Only thing being expanded here is the test of patience, the realm of nonsense and the art of misrepresentation. To keep it civil here. No doubt time to move on and all the best to all of you still trying to untangle all the pretzel logic forever being rebaked by some in this forum. Obviously to no avail. Can't be done. Truly a marvel to behold!

Old 06-29-2022, 10:24 AM

11,133 posts, read 7,195,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Raw raw raw cheers for the one side!

Hip hip hooray for the other!

How very sophomoric. I can't take it anymore...
Well said! My thoughts as well.

A check at the moment shows the two competing threads in the top 3. Of course, the winner of atheism or theism will be solved on the Internet, right here kids! Get the popcorn and whistles ready.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:36 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,663,432 times
Quote:
I can't comprehend how you concluded that atheists were talking like fundamental Christians or that they are not far from the Bible, in your response to mordant's post, since all he did was reference what the lady said (about eliminating the separation of church and state) and he didn't even mention the Bible in his post.
Yes...the POLITICAL lady. The post was mainly about a political figure and how she thinks our political system should function.
And even mentioned abortion and having abortions.
Is this all okay to do now...post heavy political and about abortion? Must be...you even quoted the post.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:49 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,335,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Well said! My thoughts as well.

A check at the moment shows the two competing threads in the top 3. Of course, the winner of atheism or theism will be solved on the Internet, right here kids! Get the popcorn and whistles ready.
I do not think it is of which is correct as no one has the ability to know for sure who is right.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:08 AM

11,133 posts, read 7,195,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I do not think it is of which is correct as no one has the ability to know for sure who is right.
Of course, and that's why I was joking about the stupidity of using the Internet to somehow prove or answer one side or the other. It can't be solved ultimately for everyone regardless, and is up to each person to internally determine one's approach.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 06-29-2022 at 11:17 AM..

Old 06-29-2022, 02:58 PM

16,023 posts, read 7,066,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes...the POLITICAL lady. The post was mainly about a political figure and how she thinks our political system should function.
And even mentioned abortion and having abortions.
Is this all okay to do now...post heavy political and about abortion? Must be...you even quoted the post.
Exactly what i would have said, thank you.
Atheists are allowed to mention Abortion and discuss politics, but others posts even in response will get deleted. That they need so much protection and special handling is quite pitiful.

Old 06-29-2022, 03:52 PM

16,023 posts, read 7,066,663 times
Quote:
I can't comprehend how you concluded that atheists were talking like fundamental Christians or that they are not far from the Bible, in your response to mordant's post, since all he did was reference what the lady said (about eliminating the separation of church and state) and he didn't even mention the Bible in his post.
All he did was not just talk about separation of church and state. He was repeating political statements of a person running for office. That is a discussion of politics. Is that allowed in this forum? What does your rules say, go take a look. He mentioned the “immorality” of abortions. Is that allowed in this forum? Please go check your own statement when you deleted my post even though i was responding to post that was discussing abortion. No abortion, period . Do you have special rules for atheists that does not apply to mere mortals?

Old 06-29-2022, 04:12 PM

16,710 posts, read 15,712,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
All he did was not just talk about separation of church and state. He was repeating political statements of a person running for office. That is a discussion of politics. Is that allowed in this forum? What does your rules say, go take a look. He mentioned the “immorality” of abortions. Is that allowed in this forum? Please go check your own statement when you deleted my post even though i was responding to post that was discussing abortion. No abortion, period . Do you have special rules for atheists that does not apply to mere mortals?

Of course mentioning the separation of church and state is permitted here. If a thread turns into a political discussion, it will be closed. The person mordant quoted was advocating for a condition where the religion should direct the state. Obviously, that statement was relevant to Religion.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how anything in mordant's post was atheists talking like fundamental Christians. Also, his post never mentioned the Bible, so I'm curious why you said atheists "are never far from their religious text - the Bible."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality