Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2022, 10:33 PM

477 posts, read 124,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Nah, the goat thing is priceless. But I laughed at the bible thing too. Like I said, good post.

Just a question for you Sonof.....is English your 2nd language? No offense meant, I was just curious because of the way you phrase things sometimes. It's interesting.
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 10:34 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
Yes.
Ok, cool thanks.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Right...mocking, derision, and insults of Theist Beliefs and Theists. And that's what you focus on and think is good & great.
The Theist posts ask why you do this...but you just do it more, and blame them for taking exception.
You are only proving what we said. This is really what you are all about...and not much else.
Did I insult YOU personally? No I did not. Not mocking any more than you are. Hold the mirror up to your face and tell yourself......"I'm not a parrot, I'm not a parrot, I'm a "repeat" offender. What I am about is the truth, and you religious crackheads ruin it every single time. You take everything so seriously, just like Regoids would. No sense of humor AT ALL or self-deprecation. I know it's hard when you're so perfect but please refrain from including me in your nasty little group of groupies.

I make funnies and I make fun, get over it. I came here way before you did and I know these posters so don't try to tell me or anyone else what I'm about. OH, I remember you too. Always the big hairy doll.

One thing is for sure, you do not know me. It's wrong and un-Christ-like to pester, badger, stalk and insult and assume **** about others. Very mystic of you. Parrot on, mystic soldier.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:01 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Did I insult YOU personally? No I did not. Not mocking any more than you are. Hold the mirror up to your face and tell yourself......"I'm not a parrot, I'm not a parrot, I'm a "repeat" offender. What I am about is the truth, and you religious crackheads ruin it every single time. You take everything so seriously, just like Regoids would. No sense of humor AT ALL or self-deprecation. I know it's hard when you're so perfect but please refrain from including me in your nasty little group of groupies.

I make funnies and I make fun, get over it. I came here way before you did and I know these posters so don't try to tell me or anyone else what I'm about. OH, I remember you too. Always the big hairy doll.

One thing is for sure, you do not know me. It's wrong and un-Christ-like to pester, badger, stalk and insult and assume **** about others. Very mystic of you. Parrot on, mystic soldier.

Oh yes...you've insulted me personally many times.
Even in ways that violate the TOS.
I do not initiate...I criticize the insults of the Religious Beliefs and the Religious.
I know you, for sure. You show just how you are. And it appears others have figured it out as well.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Oh yes...you've insulted me personally many times.
Even in ways that violate the TOS.
I do not initiate...I criticize the insults of the Religious Beliefs and the Religious.
I know you, for sure. You show just how you are. And it appears others have figured it out as well.
Oh yeah, when? If I violated TOS then I would have been punished. Didn't happen. Nothing that you claim happens....happens. You're always saying how you don't initiate anything and that is just a flat out lie. The minute I posted this thread you went into attack mode.

You're just mad because I called you out so many times. What "others" are you talking about? You're just grasping at straws as usual, just like all your strawman arguments. These "others" you speak of, are they in your groupie group? I couldn't care less what they think, or you. You are just a parrot without original ideas or thoughts. And repetitive.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:30 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
PART 1 of 2 / in response to post above

Question for Ask an Atheist:
Why is it that when atheists make claims such as these (see bold above as an example of representative behavior we see here on CD by atheists) they (a) fail to provide data, links, or source material. And (b) when they do provide links it fails to support what they are saying, and (c) it often times actually shows the opposite of what they are claiming.

Regarding the specious claim in bold above, let's look at a 2021 article from the Mensa society. It is titled Intelligence and Unbelief: Irreligiosity is NOT intellect's guiding light, great minds prove

"The reason people of profound intelligence don’t always find theism to be irrational is because there is nothing inherently irrational about it. Data on Nobel Prize winners from 1901–2000 shows that only 11 percent of Nobel laureates claimed to be atheists or agnostics. While 65 percent of Nobel laureates made a positive claim of believing in God."

"It’s neither correct nor helpful to frame theism and atheism into a paradigm of intelligence values. It shows an ignorance of religions and those who believe in them — and those who don’t. "

PART 2 of 2 / in response to post above

I am an example of someone who (a) qualifies for Mensa membership, and (b) would never in a million years join, and (c) am a believer. If you consider those eligible for Mensa to be brilliant, thank you for the compliment. As a believer when i go to my local house of worship, in the typical congregation (in any of the three cities I've attended in the last 15 years) on any given Sabbath sitting with me in the service are medical doctors, anthropologist, university professors, physicist, medical researcher, attorneys, plumber, accountant, realtor, print shop owner, chef, school teacher, pharmaceutical rep, import business owner, doctor of oriental medicine, and several black belts in various martial arts.

Another question for Ask an Atheist:
why is it that so many atheists on CD seem unable to post without the crude insults. Nothing makes a person look more (to quote the atheist post shown above) "ignorant and uneducated" and less able to hold a rational conversation, than calling readers by the same tiresome insults posted over and over.
The bolded in color: prove it.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:02 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, when? If I violated TOS then I would have been punished. Didn't happen. Nothing that you claim happens....happens. You're always saying how you don't initiate anything and that is just a flat out lie. The minute I posted this thread you went into attack mode.

You're just mad because I called you out so many times. What "others" are you talking about? You're just grasping at straws as usual, just like all your strawman arguments. These "others" you speak of, are they in your groupie group? I couldn't care less what they think, or you. You are just a parrot without original ideas or thoughts. And repetitive.
No...I've never reported a post...they probably didn't see it.
Nothing is more of a initiation then a thread...obviously.
Anything would be a response to it.
I never put up threads in any way critical of Atheism or those who embrace Athiest concepts...none of the Theists/Religious do that.
The Atheists have initiated thousands of threads critical of Religion and the Religious. The Books, the Deities, the doctrine, the edicts, and the Adherents. And it's always the same things...Problem of Evil/Suffering...the Deity is bad...Religion endorses/slavery/terrorism/sexual repression/child abuse, etc...nothing is repeated more than those things, by almost every Athiest here.
That alone tells the story of how it really is.
You do not "call me out"...you complain about me calling you out. I criticize the insults...I never start it.
If you all were not insulting Religion and the Religious...I wouldn't say a thing except about my own Theistic Views.
The "others" are all the ones you call "people under a bridge"...in violation of the TOS.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/36093973-post2.html
See the bolded in the 6th paragraph.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:17 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Yes, so....
I see Atheists ask, "should a person just accept that such passages are not meant to be taken literally?"...relative to The Bible.
And they cite stories they know are metaphorical and allegorical such as, "When god turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt".

QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS:
Since they know this is not a literal account of occurrences, or a documentary of what was said or happened...why do they endlessly continue to pose all these questions that are based upon a literal Bible interpretation...
Once again, because many Christians accept them as literal. Once again, we are addressing their claims that you admit are not true.

Quote:
does it really bother you that much that so many believe it literally that you are constrained to question (mostly in derisive Devils Advocate type arguments) their position and beliefs over, and over, and over again for years and years?
No, it does not bother me; but why does it bother you that we are responding to Christian beliefs that they repeat over, and over, and over again for years and years? Why are you so constrained to attempt to restrict our freedom of speech by posting derisive, mocking and dishonest posts, over, and over, and over again for years and years? What are you afraid of? Is your narcissistic need to get a response good for your mental health, especially when it means you have to make the religious look dishonest or stupid to do so?

Old 08-30-2022, 12:18 AM

Quote:
No...I've never reported a post...they probably didn't see it.
Nothing is more of a initiation then a thread...obviously.
Anything would be a response to it.
I never put up threads in any way critical of Atheism or those who embrace Athiest concepts...none of the Theists/Religious do that.
The Atheists have initiated thousands of threads critical of Religion and the Religious. The Books, the Deities, the doctrine, the edicts, and the Adherents. And it's always the same things...Problem of Evil/Suffering...the Deity is bad...Religion endorses/slavery/terrorism/sexual repression/child abuse, etc...nothing is repeated more than those things, by almost every Athiest here.
That alone tells the story of how it really is.
You do not "call me out"...you complain about me calling you out. I criticize the insults...I never start it.
If you all were not insulting Religion and the Religious...I wouldn't say a thing except about my own Theistic Views.
The "others" are all the ones you call "people under a bridge"...in violation of the TOS.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/36093973-post2.html
See the bolded in the 6th paragraph.
Oh ok, eagle eyes in the sky didn't see it. So you've called them liars and now, blind? They see these posts, and they have compassion for the sarcastically funny pain riddled mess (this is where the self-deprecation comes in) and the anal-retentive religious. Obviously. I never said I was perfect, but the way you criticize, critique and are just generally stirring up trouble seems, well a bit negative if you're trying to sell your woo.

LOL, what people under a bridge? Man, you're out there. But if you want to interpret it your way, then that's not weird at all. Better consult your mystic.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Once again, because many Christians accept them as literal. Once again, we are addressing their claims that you admit are not true.

No, it does not bother me; but why does it bother you that we are responding to Christian beliefs that they repeat over, and over, and over again for years and years? Why are you so constrained to attempt to restrict our freedom of speech by posting derisive, mocking and dishonest posts, over, and over, and over again for years and years? What are you afraid of? Is your narcissistic need to get a response good for your mental health, especially when it means you have to make the religious look dishonest or stupid to do so?
LOL on that perfect note I bid thee whoever is still awake, adieu.

I meant au revoir not adieu. Good thing I'm going to sleep.

Last edited by Northsouth; 08-30-2022 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: Edit to add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality